Who has an end game setup?
Aug 22, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #481 of 834
Quote:
Quote:
Not a bad end-rig for some maybe...

Looks pretty darn cool currawong. What have you got there? Why did it trounce the opposition and is it your endgame?

Reasonessence Labs Invicta and Tralucent 1plus2s. I think the former is overkill for the latter though. I still don't buy the idea of even TOTL IEMs being anywhere near as good as the top headphones.

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #483 of 834
Quote:

Reasonessence Labs Invicta and Tralucent 1plus2s. I think the former is overkill for the latter though. I still don't buy the idea of even TOTL IEMs being anywhere near as good as the top headphones.

Just a heads up since I noticed the same thing in the review on youtube for it, its actually Resonessence and not Reasonessense. I always pronounced it "res" like "resolution", rather than "reas" like "reason"

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #484 of 834
Quote:
Quote:

Just a heads up since I noticed the same thing in the review on youtube for it, its actually Resonessence and not Reasonessense. I always pronounced it "res" like "resolution", rather than "reas" like "reason"

Gah, this has been bugging me -- how the name is said. I'll have to put it down to a moment of stupid that I mis-read the name at some point.

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #485 of 834
Quote:

Gah, this has been bugging me -- how the name is said. I'll have to put it down to a moment of stupid that I mis-read the name at some point.

haha, I figured that's all that happened. I'm obviously not sure that how I pronounce it is right, but I thought I would at least help you out with the spelling
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #487 of 834

I have listened to lots of iems too although no jhaudios or custom iems. I haven't found any that compete with my over the head ones. Vibration through the cable and getting a good fit are constant problems for me. I still enjoy using iems and probably spend 7 hours a week with them on.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #488 of 834
On a more topical note, will there be any end gamers going to the headfi meet on Saturday 19th October? I think there are 150 or so signed up to attend. Any attendees 100% satisfied? If so, maybe you'd be kind enough to bring along the very best of the best.
Having been to the UK meet in April it'll be interesting to see if any of the tables contain the exact kit that was on display back then. That would definitely indicate a solid endgamer as 6 months have elapsed and the majority of the top level headphones were around back then.
For those who didn't go there were more Sennheiser HD800's on show than you'd believe possible. They were as numerous as Beats by Dr Dre in an HMV.
The Stax SR009s were missing as were any Fostex or Takets but some incredible kit was there. Who knows what surprises are in store this time around?

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #489 of 834
On another note, it's great to see so many headfiers who have finished their search for perfection share their experiences with us. I'd always assumed that once the search had finished so would the interest in headfi. This is thankfully not the case.
I'll bet there's a significant number of people who haven't posted for some time who are happy with their own slice of between the ear heaven.
However humble , however grand , if you've stopped looking through the classifieds we want to know why :):)

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #490 of 834
And , on another note, having bought the etymotic er4pt and the westone w4r as top line iems, does anyone believe there is a universal iem out there that would be a good enough compromise to negate all the reliance on mains electricity that our power hungry over the ears often cause us?
Even my T1 and HD800's which I run on desktop amps through battery packs don't work as too great a solution for the great outdoors. They're a swine to haul between house and motorhome too....

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #491 of 834
On another note, it's great to see so many headfiers who have finished their search for perfection share their experiences with us. I'd always assumed that once the search had finished so would the interest in headfi. This is thankfully not the case.
I'll bet there's a significant number of people who haven't posted for some time who are happy with their own slice of between the ear heaven.
However humble , however grand , if you've stopped looking through the classifieds we want to know why
smily_headphones1.gif
:)

Funny, when you phrase it like that I think this - I'll never stop looking through the classifieds even though my system is done.  There are times when my headphone monogamy to my D7000 suffers simply because different is sometimes, well, different.  And we all like different at times. 

THIS ^

FEEDING THESE ^ - heaven.

D7000's on the left with full Lawton damping and angle pads - D5000's on the right with alpha pads and Bolivian Rosewood cups. Too close to call.

And yet my eye wanders.................

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #495 of 834
It's even got a graphic equaliser with it. Nothing has been left to chance. I've now got a 500gb mp3 player (an archos 48 internet tablet). It doesn't take ip so much space as that lot but I wonder if itll last as long

It's made it in good shape since 1978..............it'll outlast me that's for sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back