Who has an end game setup?
May 23, 2013 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 834

Takeanidea

Headphoneus Supremus
hi all,I was wondering who of you are that satisfied with your set up that you have bought nothing, done no modifications to improve your set ups in the last 6 months ( you made it through Christmas without taking the plunge in this scenario). If there are any of you out there, show yourselves! Tell us what you have, you are rare amongst us......Trev

May 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #2 of 834
Responders here, if any, won't have rare systems but rare personalities among head-fiers. :)

May 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 834
I might eventually look at different headphones at sometime in the future, but when I receive the Headamp Aristaeus, I probably won't be getting anymore Amps or Sources.
What I have can be seen in my profile.

May 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 834
This is Head-Fi.
While ever your wallet is not dead, you don't have an end-game system.

If someone says they have, it means that their wallet has permanently haemorrhaged or they are not true Head-Fiers.

May 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #7 of 834
Here at Head-Fi the situation is this:-

For every two people giving an opinion, you get three opinions.

Don't expect a concensus.

Find some who have the same tastes and hearing acuity as yourself and you may get a valid opinion.

May 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #8 of 834
I have moved on from trying to improve my system to just getting MORE systems...LOL.  My "main" rig of PWD2/WA-22/HD800 has not changed in almost a year with no plans to change it.  

That being said, I have put together a bedroom rig with transporter/BHA-1/T70, and now just am putting together an office rig for work with ATH-W3000ANV/iDecco/and Harbeth P3ESR speakers. 

Next I will need one for the kitchen, car, bathroom, porch, backyard...

May 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #11 of 834
Here at Head-Fi the situation is this:-

For every two people giving an opinion, you get three opinions.

Don't expect a concensus.

Find some who have the same tastes and hearing acuity as yourself and you may get a valid opinion.

Hi Wink, yep I agree on that , it's all part of the fun. I was just wondering out of interest, particularly in relation to headphones , and in relation to the high end forum, whether there was anyone that considered they had a sound that was so good there was no point in looking any further. None yet.....

May 24, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #13 of 834
I had what some might consider an end-game setup, the OII and BHSE, but I sold it for a variety of personal reasons at the beginning of this year. While I owned it, I was fairly satisfied and didn't feel a need to buy anything else. My current setup, the Fostex TH900 and GS-X MK2, could also be considered end-game and for the foreseeable future I have no intent on changing anything about it.

At the apex of my Head-Fi madness, I recall owning the Qualia 010, GS-X MK1, OII MKI, & BHSE all at the same time. I don't own any of those anymore. Funny how that worked out. So not even the most expensive equipment may not necessarily be the best to one person.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back