Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Feb 25, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #346 of 1,413

ISLAY!!! Yes, yes, yes. And I agree 100% on the Caol Ila.
This one being the best thing I've ever tasted. Ever.

Sainsbury's own label Islay single malt at about £20 was from Caol Ila (the standard stuff, obviously, not one of the special expressions), but they discontinued it recently.
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #348 of 1,413
  Sainsbury's own label Islay single malt at about £20 was from Caol Ila (the standard stuff, obviously, not one of the special expressions), but they discontinued it recently.
frown.gif

frown.gif
, indeed!

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #350 of 1,413
  I'm with you in a lack of enthusiasm for the Yamazaki, which is the only Japanese whisky I've tried. Vaguely pleasant but unmemorable.

I'm an Islay malt lover - Caol Ila Distillers Edition being the nectar of the gods - http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/caol-ila/caol-ila-2000-moscatel-finish-distillers-edition-whisky/

For an occasional change from Islay, Penderyn Welsh whisky is worth seeking out.

And if you're ever in central London, a visit to http://www.milroys.co.uk/ in Soho is well worth the trip.

Speaking of Islay, I had the talisker 25 last night for my friend's birthday dinner out. A bonus as well was the bunnahabhain 18

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #352 of 1,413
as far as im concerned, Normal jack (and even single barrel) isnt exactly a quality whiskey,

If they managed to produce something good for a niece audience outside the US, could be interesting. reminds be a bit of that PBR private reserve thing they sell for 40 bucks in china.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #354 of 1,413
A big +1 on Caol Ila, clearly my favorite distillery. 

As a more cost-conscious option (under 25€), I still haven't found anything better than the Bushmills 10y single malt.

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #356 of 1,413
Bulleit is my every day, and lately been really impressed with Woodford Reserve. Im enjoying it, especially in old fashioneds.

Anyone tried Leopold's Apple Whiskey? Nowhere near a "real" whiskey, but so damn delicious nonetheless.

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #359 of 1,413
Bulleit is my every day, and lately been really impressed with Woodford Reserve. Im enjoying it, especially in old fashioneds.

Anyone tried Leopold's Apple Whiskey? Nowhere near a "real" whiskey, but so damn delicious nonetheless.

I always try to have a bottle of Maker's Mark at home, but I've been trying different whiskeys (mostly Kentuckey bourbon) every time I go to the liquor store. On my last trip I got a bottle of Woodford Reserve, and it has been excellent.

I think my next step is to try some rye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back