What's your view on custom headphone cables?
Aug 7, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #92 of 881
Are you trying to pick an internet fight?

???

How about keeping this a DBT free forum like the rules say.  You got a problem with the rules, take it up with the moderators.  You got a problem with me wanting to follow the rules and expecting others to do the same, take it up with the moderators.

L3000.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #93 of 881
I'll agree with The Monkey

Quote:
"... these anti-cable guys sure are a bundle of hate. In one recent thread they tried to convince me that they weren't and now they're stalking me..."

Who exactly are you talking about? Oh, well, if I wasn't before, I am now... I'll let you do the honors... 3... 2... 1... BOX!

...of custom cables, how wonderful is that? I should probably let you tell this time since I am clearly not qualified to have an opinion, no, everything I say must be a fact... even when, in fact, I clearly label them as opinions. Cheerio!

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #94 of 881
Who cares who beeman458 is talking about really? There are those who believe what they read on the net and base it as fact. And those who are too cheap to find out fist hand. Cables are a necessary component to a rig. If you do or do not feel they are not important enough to upgrade that is your call.

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #96 of 881

Quote:
Are you trying to pick an internet fight?

???

How about keeping this a DBT free forum like the rules say.  You got a problem with the rules, take it up with the moderators.  You got a problem with me wanting to follow the rules and expecting others to do the same, take it up with the moderators.

L3000.gif

Thanks for the suggestions, but I prefer to deal with people directly.  From the tone of your posts, it's apparent that you have a very difficult time with people who disagree with you.  That's unfortunate. Have you had this problem on other forums?

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #97 of 881
Okay, you're a troll and you like going off topic.  I get it.

Wishing you well if you find your above to be considered being social.

Aug 8, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #99 of 881

Quote:
I voted for 'No I don't believe in it'. I have good science based reasons for that, which the forum rules prevent me from posting in this thread.

To me the above sentence reads terribly for the image of Head-fi.

really? please enlighten me of these good science based reasons that you have.

afaik, you don't believe in cables because a bunch of your countrymen run some dumb BT's where the results turned out that they couldn't distinguish a kettle cord with a better built cable, or something like that
confused.gif
 -and for these reasons alone you've decided that you don't believe in cables (right?). in fact, you haven't heard a good quality cable, ever. that's like some of the members here recommending headphones they've never heard -but read a lot of good/bad comments by others on the forums.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #101 of 881

Quote:

really? please enlighten me of these good science based reasons that you have.

afaik, you don't believe in cables because a bunch of your countrymen run some dumb BT's where the results turned out that they couldn't distinguish a kettle cord with a better built cable, or something like that
confused.gif
 -and for these reasons alone you've decided that you don't believe in cables (right?). in fact, you haven't heard a good quality cable, ever. that's like some of the members here recommending headphones they've never heard -but read a lot of good/bad comments by others on the forums.

If we're going to have this discussion, please don't be so immature. No one is trying to offend anyone else here. There are articles online that show that scientifically cables should not differ in sound. I don't think the issue is that they exist, but that they can't be posted in this sub-forum. Whether you believe them or not is up to you. Prog Rock Man can believe whatever he likes and you shouldn't call him "dumb" for his stance.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #102 of 881
Lenni, why don't you research cables yourself? For a few hundred dollars, you can buy excellent used test equipment and start performing your own research. Maybe you know something no one else does. The benefits would be excellent, as well. If you could demonstrate an actual difference, you'd be able to make millions from patents. I wouldn't be surprised if a Nobel Prize and a lucrative professorship at a research university was in the offing, as well. What do you have to lose?

Beeman, you should separate argumen from the personal. If you find yourself losing an argument, don't turn it personal. Why don't you try some unsighted tests and see what happens? Or, as I mentioned above, why not get some test equipment and prove everyone wrong? Wouldn't that be satisfying to demonstrate that you're right? Wouldn't it be nice to make a fortune off cables that are proven to work? I've done a little research with aftermarket cables I've bought and haven't found a damned thing. Neither has anyone else. But maybe you could find something. Give it a try.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #103 of 881

Quote:
I've done a little research with aftermarket cables I've bought and haven't found a damned thing. Neither has anyone else.

OK UE you know I'm not part of the "anyone else"
tongue.gif
?  Our homework has brought us to 2 different paths. It is all good though.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #104 of 881
I believe in cables because I've tried a few different ones, and heard different sonic characteristics -not because of some articles/comments I read. no offence.
I'm not interested in measuring performance... my hearing is what matters to me. members should have some personal experience with a product before making any conclusion. 

if I'm wrong I'll gladly amend the comment/ 

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #105 of 881
Uncle Erik wrote:

Beeman, you should separate argumen from the personal. If you find yourself losing an argument, don't turn it personal.

This is a DBT free forum, there's no personal and there's no losing an argument.  There's simply following the rules.  You know, the same thing we expect of others.  If someone wants to argue DBT's, wouldn't the science forum be the proper venue?

Don't worry, time here is limited as the vitriol on this web site, as far as the militant anti-cable crowd goes, is beyond reasonable.  I did learn how to use the ignore feature today.  A very nice feature I might add, for it's ability to subtract background noise.  A couple of the less mature personalities were removed today.  Very soothing.

Why don't you try some unsighted tests and see what happens?

Because I don't care what happens, so there's no point.

Or, as I mentioned above, why not get some test equipment and prove everyone wrong?

What would you like me to buy?  You'll of course be happy to send me a check, in advance?

Wouldn't that be satisfying to demonstrate that you're right?

No.  Why?  Cause I don't have a sickness which requires me to be correct.

Wouldn't it be nice to make a fortune off cables that are proven to work?

No.  Why?  Because I'm already the owner of a money making business that keeps me busy seven days a week.

I've done a little research with aftermarket cables I've bought and haven't found a damned thing.

Your sonic loss, not mine.  Why?  Because I've done a little research with aftermarket cables and I'm happy with what I've received for my money.  I'm happy, you're not.  I get it.

Neither has anyone else. But maybe you could find something. Give it a try.

Now you're aggrandizing.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back