What's your view on custom headphone cables?
Aug 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #76 of 881

Quote:
I have in the past had a very thorough look for a pro cable study that is completely legitimate. The result was finding none wherever i looked!

Stop pushing it on to me and back up exactly what you said with hard evidence. If you can find ONE GENUINE cable study for me to look at then please be my guest because i certainly cant find any that come to the conclusion after-market cables make any difference whatsoever.

Grow up and stop accusing people who don't agree with you as being trolls, my opinion is as important in this thread as yours. Try reading the thread title again. At least i have made an effort to allow cable believers to provide me and non cable believers with evidence.

Have a browse through the sound science section and read the threads where measurements have been taken as apposed to word of mouth which you can never rely on 100%.

While experts agree that most cables make exaggerated and unfounded claims about improving sound, they cannot agree on which cables actually do improve sound and which do not.  The scientific record is unclear. So far no research paper contending to prove or disprove the value of fancy wires has been accepted by the leading industry publication, The Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, said Patricia M. MacDonald, its executive editor.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/12/circuits/articles/23down.html

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #77 of 881
Prog Rock Man wrote:

...so this thread should also cover both.

Only as far as the poll is concerned but irrespective of the poll, by forum rules, this is a DBT free zone.

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #79 of 881
I suwannee, these anti-cable guys sure are a bundle of hate.  In one recent thread they tried to convince me that they weren't and now they're stalking me.  What's with that?  I've posted to the mods to please step in as we should be able to have conversations without their vitriol.

I'll check out FLAC when I get back in from work.  Off topic but I'm curious, why do you suggest that FLAC is better than WAV?

confused.gif

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #80 of 881

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman458 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll check out FLAC when I get back in from work.  Off topic but I'm curious, why do you suggest that FLAC is better than WAV?

confused.gif

Because it stores the exact same data in less space by using lossless data compression.

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #81 of 881
Because it stores the exact same data in less space by using lossless data compression.

So other than being a compression program to save space, using FLAC doesn't add to the listening experience?

???

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #82 of 881

Quote:

So other than being a compression program to save space, using FLAC doesn't add to the listening experience?

???

Theoretically, FLAC and WAV files should sound identical.

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #83 of 881

Quote:

???

No, but it doesn't take anything away either.  You get perfect 1:1 copies but with less file space.  Not that space is such a concern anymore but if you can save some without losing any quality why not?
As for people bothering you, Just put people you don't like on ignore.

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #84 of 881
Just put people you don't like on ignore.

I read about others doing that but I haven't learned how to use the ignore feature.  How would I go about using that feature?

???

Aug 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #85 of 881
Quote:

???

It's free hard drive space.  No sense in not taking it unless you use a player (hardware or software) that doesn't understand it.

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #86 of 881
maverickronin wrote:

It's free hard drive space.  No sense in not taking it unless you use a player (hardware or software) that doesn't understand it.

Thanks for the insight and the ideas.  I'm running four HDD, two of them are 1T HDD.  One active and one backup.  Hopefully this should hold me for awhile.
beerchug.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #87 of 881

Quote:
Prog Rock Man wrote:

...so this thread should also cover both.

Only as far as the poll is concerned but irrespective of the poll, by forum rules, this is a DBT free zone.

So this thread has a poll which has violated forum rules. Or are there exceptions to forum rules?

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #88 of 881
So this thread has a poll which has violated forum rules. Or are there exceptions to forum rules?

Cut it out.  If you have a problem with the rules, talk to the moderators.
beerchug.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #89 of 881
As of this post 24% of the votes are for 'No I don't believe in it'. But according to forum rules, those 24% are banned from saying why in the thread.
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #90 of 881
Then contact the administrators regarding your frustration with the rules.  Rules is rules and I'm not the arbiter of the rules, they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back