What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Mar 23, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #1,201 of 1,259
Hilo.

Sent this back.
Was wack.

20230429_235011.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #1,204 of 1,259
That bad? I heard similar things about Scotland...so it's Sweden too? :)

Cheers!
I have owned alot of Supras with no issues.

But Ofcourse its possible that someone in the factory have an accident early in the morning or late.

Supra has a very strict quality control, I believe they double check all their cables. So maybe you just was unlucky.

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #1,207 of 1,259
had a chance to test out a few popular usb options.

supra 2.0
oyaide neo
viborg uc01

the viborg blows the others out of the water. I was surprised how poor the supra and oyaide sound in comparison.

I'm a bit hesitant to try the supra excalibur at this point.

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #1,208 of 1,259
Excalibur is a known step up but i havent heard the regular version.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #1,210 of 1,259
im sure i'll get curious and try it at somepoint :smile:
I do think that the Viborg is the same tier and the price for US buyers tends to be at $100 while the Excalibur is ~ 30% more. But I bought mine from Denmark and it was here in 2 days. And was the same price as the Viborg.

Don't see much use to get anything other than one of those 2 , at least with my budgetary alignment so to speak.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #1,212 of 1,259
It's called Snobbish But Broke

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #1,214 of 1,259
I have that exact cable, and thus far zero issues. But then again, I don't go moving it around from place to place. It's a "this is your permanent place cable".

In fact, none of the Supra cables I bought has had issues...

That's a nice little hoard you got there.

Whats the difference in those power cables?

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #1,215 of 1,259
That's a nice little hoard you got there.

Whats the difference in those power cables?
The silver power cable is a little brighter (upper end) with slightly more detail and spaciousness, but at the cost of some bottom end. It also depends on what it's matched to.

If I use the silver cable on my DAC, and the copper (normal) cable on my headphone amp, I get more bass, but if I switch those - copper cable on the DAC, and silver cable on headphone amp, I get better upper range and 3D like space, but at a loss of bass. I explained that > here.

At the end of the day, I went with the better low end so silver cable to DAC, copper cable to headphone amp. In my link there's a video by Lachlen (Passion for Sound), and he also notes what I note as well. At the end of the day, it's all about system components and matching.

Anyway, I'm awaiting another copper cable from this > seller (USA), whom, I got the above cables from to either replace the silver cable on the DAC and use the silver on my CD player, or simply use the copper cable on the CD player. I won't know until I get it and experiment.

Not really a fan of the silver cable as I find it a tad too bright for my liking, plus the loss of bottom doesn't help. On the plus side, I do love its detail and spaciousness.

This > my setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back