What you think about Head-Fi's new look?
Apr 18, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #136 of 220
Oh my, when did this happen? Sadly my link to this site didn't work at all and still doesn't. It wasn't until I got an e-mail from one of the threads I subscribed to that I realize that Head-fi was back up! I sure wish there was a mailing telling us about the change.

About the new look, it will take some time to get used to it like anything. But, as far as trying to recreated the old boring look with this new software I think that perhaps there should be choices like other sites have. They let members pick themes for the site. So if you want the old look you can pick the classic theme, this current theme, and some new themes. I think that would be great.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #137 of 220
Its it just me or does this new layout has a sort of XP look to it?
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #138 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Oh my, when did this happen? Sadly my link to this site didn't work at all and still doesn't.

Strange, man. My link worked perfectly at about 4:00 AM and still does. However, I thought I was being transported to another world...and I guess I wasn't too far off base! But like I said in my previous post, things are getting better all the time. I think you'll see numerous tweaks and improvements over the next few weeks. It's gonna' be cool.

cool.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #139 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsione1
Its it just me or does this new layout has a sort of XP look to it?
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah, my thoughts exactly...

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #140 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
I wish the big 'vBulletin' at top could be changed to 'Head-Fi'.

AAHHH....Thats better. Now is the logo going to become dark blue or the rest of the page gray?

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #141 of 220
ahh not vb3!!!

i guess I don't mind the look. I'm used to it by now, as my other main forum upgraded a while back. looks pretty nice IMO. all this forum needs now is a quick reply box...

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #143 of 220
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Hey guys, could we finally have a choice to as what color scheme we want? Or is that not a possibility, the Head-Fi color scheme was kind of old.

[/size]The old color scheme/style is the only one we'll likely spend time working on. We could make this one available, too (the one you're looking at now -- the default vB 3.x style). If some of you know how to develop vB style templates, and can do so for Head-Fi, then we could offer user-selectable styles. However, I'm not going to go out and buy different ones (people do sell vB templates).

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #144 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
The old color scheme/style is the only one we'll likely spend time working on. We could make this one available, too (the one you're looking at now -- the default vB 3.x style). If some of you know how to develop vB style templates, and can do so for Head-Fi, then we could offer user-selectable styles. However, I'm not going to go out and buy different ones (people do sell vB templates).

Okay, I didn't know it cost money to buy them, if I can, I'd make one...dunno how...maybe they tell you
biggrin.gif
thx jude.

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #145 of 220
COOL! I just discovered that to linger over a thread with the mouse cursor will reveal the opening statement without having to open the thread itself.

Thanks for the overall change Jude.
Whatever reward you wish for should be granted!
cool.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #146 of 220
I go away for 4 days and the whole world changes.

I don't mind the new look but I hate how long the front menu is now - what are there, 200 discussion boards now?

ok,
erix

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #147 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by erix
....I don't mind the new look but I hate how long the front menu is now - what are there, 200 discussion boards now?

erixman,

You can minimize groups of forums. So, for example, if you're not going to look at the For Sale/Trade forums too often, you can use that little arrow on the right to minimize that group.

Apr 18, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #148 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
The old color scheme/style is the only one we'll likely spend time working on. We could make this one available, too (the one you're looking at now -- the default vB 3.x style).

Please do, Jude... I rather like this one. The only disadvantage I can think of with user-selectable styles is that some people tailor their avatar and/or .sigs to match a particular style, but it's really a minor sort of thing. Kudos and appreciations once again for all the work you guys are doing.

Apr 18, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #150 of 220
I'm sure someone here has some good photoshopping skills and can make us a new layout.

I'm really loving having Head-Fi in VB3, though. It's great. Navigation and the layout as a whole is jut so much better. Modding is a great deal more convienient, too, for all you mods out there. There are now drop-down lists on the threads with even more cool tools in them unless Jude runs things differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back