What tips with IE8?
Feb 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #16 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soozieq its just they bend over as ur trying to fit them, do u have a set of tweezers that force things open? thats what i used to get the smaller ue tips, oddly the bi flange one went on fine just with pushing on with my fingers.
god damm that set of 4 tweezers from b and q for a £1 were a bloody good buy
k701smile.gif

Yeah, the inner core of the UE tip just keeps folding back on itself and the nozzle ends up wedged between the core and the outer sleeve. I've got some tweezers, £15 from Boots
frown.gif
- so they better do the trick. But if you have tweezers in one hand, and the tip in the other - where does the third hand come from to actually fit it? Is there something you're not telling me??
icon10.gif

walkingman: All the Senn tips 'ping' off as soon as I put them on. The foam ones are the only ones that are easy to fit.

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #17 of 116
well for those tweezers they are ones that when u sqeeze them the tips are forced apart so id put the tip on sqeeze and the bud in my other hand and just slid it on then pull the tweezers out voila

you know when i bought the tweezers it was just becasue they were a pound thought well u never know might be usefull for something one day, lol

heres a pic of them
3255803508_61f5d11536.jpg

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #18 of 116
Quote:

well for those tweezers they are ones that when u sqeeze them the tips are forced apart so id put the tip on sqeeze and the bud in my other hand and just slid it on then pull the tweezers out voila

Hmmm, the tips are forced apart when you squeeze? Do you mean pliers? If I squeeze my tweezers together, nothing is forced apart at all. I'm going to go look for some pliers in the garage right now.

Feb 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #22 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8 im using Comply T-400, still very happy with these.
ksc75smile.gif

ive heard people say it muffles the sound, what did you find since using the complys

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #24 of 116
Quote:

did anyone else mod some olives for them? if so how did you get on and how do they sound etc?

Wow so happy right now, i did your olive mod and i can confirm that it is great and works a treat. the black foams that come with the senn's are good but i just love the shure foams how you compress them and then they fit perfectly to your ear so for me nothing comes close to them, now being able to have them on my preferable senn's i can have the best of both worlds. ok so i did pretty much the same thing as you did with the tweezers but used one of those flathead micro screwdrivers (similer in look to the little screwdriver that come with the senn's that turn the bass knob up) and using that. i held the olive in one hand although im guessing you could also have it mounted on the shure stem but anyhow i used the screwdriver to scrape between the plastic sleeve and the olive, the trick is to scrape the glue that binds the two together its easy and doesnt put up much of a fight, then slowly rotate the olivedoing this so that the glue seal is scraped all the way around, after that the olives just pop right off, then right onto the senn's. Two gripes.

1. Sennheiser always have such short stems its a pain in the arse, another 3mm and they would be so much better.

2. i feel because the olives are just sitting on the senn stems now that they need somthing to keep them there so it doesnt stay in my ear if i pull the IEM out, want to use glue but thats just silly, wonder if theres a way?

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #25 of 116
ohh and from the standard foams to the olive foams the sound has increased dramatically, kind of just tightens everything up and the little bits escaping me previously due to not having the perfect seal are now all there.....very pleased

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #26 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good day all
What tips do you use with your Sennheiser IE8's?

So far im using the large foams but i have some Shure olives laying around, should i butcher them up to use?

comply t-400 series all day for me the comply works extremely well for me on the ie8 but you roll it and push it in not insert as far as you can to get the best sq in my opinion but the isolation is as good as any iem

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #27 of 116
Quote:

ive heard people say it muffles the sound, what did you find since using the complys

not an issue on the ie8 along with the tf10's the bore has a big girth which unlike on a iem such as westone will not get muffled because the sound has plenty of room to flow and will not be muffled by the tip

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #28 of 116
Quote:

Wow so happy right now, i did your olive mod and i can confirm that it is great and works a treat. the black foams that come with the senn's are good but i just love the shure foams how you compress them and then they fit perfectly to your ear so for me nothing comes close to them, now being able to have them on my preferable senn's i can have the best of both worlds. ok so i did pretty much the same thing as you did with the tweezers but used one of those flathead micro screwdrivers (similer in look to the little screwdriver that come with the senn's that turn the bass knob up) and using that. i held the olive in one hand although im guessing you could also have it mounted on the shure stem but anyhow i used the screwdriver to scrape between the plastic sleeve and the olive, the trick is to scrape the glue that binds the two together its easy and doesnt put up much of a fight, then slowly rotate the olivedoing this so that the glue seal is scraped all the way around, after that the olives just pop right off, then right onto the senn's. Two gripes.

1. Sennheiser always have such short stems its a pain in the arse, another 3mm and they would be so much better.

2. i feel because the olives are just sitting on the senn stems now that they need somthing to keep them there so it doesnt stay in my ear if i pull the IEM out, want to use glue but thats just silly, wonder if theres a way?

1 oh god do i agree with you on that, even with them now fitting the still feel like they are just sitting at the very tip of my ear canal

2 yeah but becasue the stalks are so fat and they only go so shallow into your ear i just dont consider it a problem. if somehow they came off which i just cant imagine would ever happen, they wouldnt be hard to get out

as for it being my mod, its wasnt really lol i didint even thinkit up the op did, but since people mod them for the triples i figured must be possible the the senns too.

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #29 of 116
Comply T400 here and they give an excellent seal. I can actually here what the IE8 can do now!
darthsmile.gif
I had no joy whatsoever with any of the supplied tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back