What tips with IE8?
Feb 5, 2009 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

MythNoob

100+ Head-Fier
Good day all
What tips do you use with your Sennheiser IE8's?

So far im using the large foams but i have some Shure olives laying around, should i butcher them up to use?

Feb 5, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 116
I've had real issue with the fit and isolation but stuck with it because they are sooooo good. I have found the perfect fit for me are the Medium Black Silcon tips from ''Jays''.

They are tight to get on the nozzle but it's worth the 5 mins it takes as the isolation and seal is improved substantially, for me anyway.....

Feb 5, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using an old style Sony silicon tip. No problem with fit on my ears though I do wish the isolation were a wee bit better.

i tried sony silicon tips..they give the least isolation as they are too thin..cheap stuff.

the Sennheiser silicons are much better.

and as for the OP..i use large bi-flanges...best isolation and great fit...although little stiff for skin when compared to silicon or comply tips.

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i tried sony silicon tips..they give the least isolation as they are too thin..cheap stuff.

the Sennheiser silicons are much better.

So far I am using the Sony as a compromise to keep the stock clean in case I decide to return them. But I've decided I am going to keep them. Ok, time to take that silly over engineered box out and try those tips.

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #6 of 116
oooh just decided to give in and savagely attack some shure olives and OMG the are tuff little buggers. however shoved them on my 7's and shock horror of horrors ive got a decent seal, they sound great and....... they dont casue me pain. the novelty of it.

i am most pleased
o2smile.gif

op i say an emphatic yes go butcher them right this second

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #7 of 116
i had made a post here replying to walkingman

and few mins later i saw the same post of mine in a 5 year old thread.

and it vanished from here.

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #9 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mark,

how did you butcher them/get them to fit. I've got some lying around somewhere of my old 530's and can't think how you'd do it.??

x2, im here with the shure foamies and a scalpal ready to operate tell me how doctor
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #10 of 116
well what i did was hold one between fingers and thumb with my left hand in my right i had a pair of tweezers with quite a sharp flat head. starting at the bass of them and sort of pinching the olive so it pulls it a bit from the base of the stalk push the edcge of the tweezers down the shaft a bit. lots and lots of trying to push it down a tiny little bit and eventually the foam begins to come away from the core leaving it clear. then rotate it round a little bit and do the same and then once all the way round just keep moving down a bit each time round.

had to stop several times cause my left hand was killing me trying to tightly hold the thing with the tips of my fingers and was convinced i was going to slip and stab myself with the sharp bit of the tweezers. they are really tough little buggers so just keep going in small little steps and they do eventually slide down the shaft.

just remember to start at the base of them and be very very patient and carefull or you will stab ur self

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #12 of 116
Well, I just got a pack of UE silicon tips in medium, and can't get the sodding things on!! They just won't fit over the ridge on the outside of the nozzle (around the mesh.) I'll try them again later, because I know someone else is using them with good results. But they should fit fine, all the tips I have which fit the TF10 should also fit the IE8.

I don't know why these ones won't go on
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #13 of 116
stock wise the only that fit me was the big bi flange but it wasnt a great fit or very comortable, the bi flange from my triple.fis fit and sounded good if i got them really brutally shoved in, sounded excellent but began to really hurt after about 20 min. for me it was shreding olives as a last resort or i was contemplating selling them as the fit just wasnt happening.

olives are excellent, shure needs to get some sort of award for making the things

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #14 of 116
soozieq its just they bend over as ur trying to fit them, do u have a set of tweezers that force things open? thats what i used to get the smaller ue tips, oddly the bi flange one went on fine just with pushing on with my fingers.

god damm that set of 4 tweezers from b and q for a £1 were a bloody good buy
k701smile.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #15 of 116
Trying the different tips now. Sennheiser can't even design them with the right barrell size! The single flange slips onto the nozzle easily but the rest were a pain to install. I am always worrying I'll snap the nozzle off.

@Nocturnal310 what was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back