What is the best single DD IEM available today?
Jan 30, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #32 of 87
Another vote for the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero 2.
I suspect many in the Headfi community would simply assume that at an asking price of £25 it can’t possibly be a serious hi-end product. That would be a serious mistake. I‘d say it’s quite simply the best value product currently available bar none - and one of the best sounding IEMs I’ve tried (and I’ve tried quite a few including some with four figure price tags). It simply puts most other products to shame. I find the shape and shallow fit made getting the seal more difficult than usual (tip - try a bigger ear tip than you’d typically use) and the soundstage is below the best, but otherwise it ticks all the boxes.
IMG_5865.jpeg
I've heard this from others. I need to try them. crap I've paid more for tips. :)

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #33 of 87
If you want an absolute crystal clear but sometimes hot sound presentation (treble) :

Final A8000.

No contenders at all... 😅

But, this is a formula one for real drivers 😋

Very tricky. And a proper fit (short stem) can be a real concern.

My two cts 👍

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #34 of 87
To add to this informal poll :), from those I've owned:
Sennheiser IE900 - excellent with rock and electronic
Sennheiser IE600
7hz x Crinacle Zero 2 (ridiculous value... almost scary coz it makes you question the entire hobby).

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #35 of 87
To add to this informal poll :), from those I've owned:
Sennheiser IE900 - excellent with rock and electronic
Sennheiser IE600
7hz x Crinacle Zero 2 (ridiculous value... almost scary coz it makes you question the entire hobby).
I may have to get that 7hz + Crin. You're not the first person to mention it.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #36 of 87
I’ve had a lot of them lately and Fir E12 is far and away the best. The whole range is really very well done but the bass is just unbelievably visceral. If you can give it a listen I highly recommend it.

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 1, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #37 of 87
Feb 1, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #39 of 87
Is it even possible for a single DD, with the materials available today, to do justice to upper treble... like, at all? Like, you've got a million dollars to spend, could you do upper treble properly? I go back a long way in stereo speakers, and there's never in history been a single driver speaker that presents sound as realistically as multidriver (or planar) designs. I would assume that is also the case with IEMs.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #40 of 87
Is it even possible for a single DD, with the materials available today, to do justice to upper treble... like, at all? Like, you've got a million dollars to spend, could you do upper treble properly? I go back a long way in stereo speakers, and there's never in history been a single driver speaker that presents sound as realistically as multidriver (or planar) designs.
Yes. Yes. Yes. The Fir E12 has beautifully extended treble.

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #41 of 87
Yes. Yes. Yes. The Fir E12 has beautifully extended treble.
Wow. It struck me as overpriced. Is there some sort of new tech going on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back