What is a Headphonus Supremus?
Jan 29, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've told him about the forum software glitch right? Personally, I can't wait to see Jahn listed as a "Junior" again.
evil_smiley.gif

Some things only the Grand Master Jude and his Right Hand Man mbriant can arrange.

At least Jahn isn't racking up thousands of posts in the "Music Game XXVII" thread, or whatever roman numeral has been assigned to the most recent one.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've told him about the forum software glitch right? Personally, I can't wait to see Jahn listed as a "Junior" again.
evil_smiley.gif

That would be really amusing actually.

However how long would it keep Jahn there for? I mean at his rate he'd hit Headphonus Supremus in a month or two at most.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some things only the Grand Master Jude and his Right Hand Man mbriant can arrange.

At least Jahn isn't racking up thousands of posts in the "Music Game XXVII" thread, or whatever roman numeral has been assigned to the most recent one.

It is actually something that I've noticed. I like to think that I read around these forums and keep on top of a lot of what is being said in a lot of the threads. But for as much posting as Jahn does I don't see his name around as much as I thought I would.

Maybe I just end up reading different threads to what Jahn is posting in.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #19 of 57
Like Trogdor, I post in the night.
redface.gif

But yep I don't think I add much in value to the "what are you listening to" or the "music game same first letter" kind of threads. Usually I'll just dump a gigantic year-end playlist in a thread and there ya go, hehe.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #21 of 57
The only thing that worries me about the titles are those users who are posting what I can only believe are junk or completetly offtopic irrelevant posts , just to push their count up. I mean there are people who have been members for a month with like 500 posts. Some of those people do have stuff to contribute, but it bugs me to see people posting on items they dont have, or have no experience of.

there's my rant for the day. thanks for listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #22 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed, I got the "Banned" title too, and had to post to 9,999 posts to get it! Curse you, Santa!
evil_smiley.gif

I wonder what Vera Wang thinks a Headphonus Supremus is...

biggrin.gif

Meanwhile, I used to have a custom title and avoid the whole thing, but I guess things got reset somewhere along the line... (sniff)...

Best,

-Jason

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #23 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing that worries me about the titles are those users who are posting what I can only believe are junk or completetly offtopic irrelevant posts , just to push their count up. I mean there are people who have been members for a month with like 500 posts. Some of those people do have stuff to contribute, but it bugs me to see people posting on items they dont have, or have no experience of.

there's my rant for the day. thanks for listening
smily_headphones1.gif

That's the very first post in my Feedback Thread! Some advice never goes stale. Thanks MisterX!

And JJCha, Vera thinks all Headphoneus Supremuses are losers, but that's just based on me, so my apologies gang
frown.gif

Hey, is that an addition on your custom title? Now you have two, cool! Mine totally poofed this week, oof.

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #24 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nineohtoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You deserve a junior badge for having Stark in your avatar. *shakes head

j/p haha. I do like the idea of having expert labels and such, but how would we go about on deciding those?

That was the whole point. For us new members or juniors to be able to direct technical questions to the right people. I am sure there is already hundreds of headphonus supremus in this organization. Problem is it is hard to go though all the threads when you are looking for specific ideas/answers on some questions.

For example, if I were to buy a portable headphone amplifier should I weigh more on how it is powered (9V vs. AA batteries) or on the opamps being used? I like the PA2V2 but it does not power 300 ohm Senns well which I learned by experience. I thought initially it would based on Gary's website.

Just my thought.

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was the whole point. For us new members or juniors to be able to direct technical questions to the right people. I am sure there is already hundreds of headphonus supremus in this organization. Problem is it is hard to go though all the threads when you are looking for specific ideas/answers on some questions.

For example, if I were to buy a portable headphone amplifier should I weigh more on how it is powered (9V vs. AA batteries) or on the opamps being used? I like the PA2V2 but it does not power 300 ohm Senns well which I learned by experience. I thought initially it would based on Gary's website.

Just my thought.

it actually would be based more on how your amp is biased. even a tiny cmoy can be given a high enough bias to power 600 ohm DT770s. not saying it will be the end-all in SQ, but it can do it, irrespective of op amps or batteries. just know that a higher bias means the gain is probably jacked up to the point where your batts will be drained asap, so getting max MaH from your batts is more important than the type - unless you're going rechargeable, in which case you should balance the MaH with the voltage too, since any MaH is going to be pretty slim compared to even a normal alky.

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #26 of 57
OOH! Karma for answering that amp question! Thanks for the title(s) back, yay Ice Cream!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nineohtoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You deserve a junior badge for having Stark in your avatar. *shakes head

j/p haha. I do like the idea of having expert labels and such, but how would we go about on deciding those?

Just my thought.

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just my thought.

Whoa, time warp! Anyhoo I answered your Q a few posts above if that helps any.

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #30 of 57
It's like sleeping at a Holiday Inn, you wake up after your 1500th post and your knowledge base just increases tenfold. Not sure how they do it, but it's with mirrors I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back