What is a Headphonus Supremus?
Jan 29, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's like sleeping at a Holiday Inn, you wake up after your 1500th post and your knowledge base just increases tenfold. Not sure how they do it, but it's with mirrors I think.

does your knowledge base increase tenfold after you sleep at a holiday inn? I'm gunna give that a try
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does your knowledge base increase tenfold after you sleep at a holiday inn? I'm gunna give that a try
biggrin.gif

Haven't you seen their silly ad campagne? "I'm not the helicoptor pilot, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night".

Jan 29, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing that worries me about the titles are those users who are posting what I can only believe are junk or completetly offtopic irrelevant posts , just to push their count up. I mean there are people who have been members for a month with like 500 posts. Some of those people do have stuff to contribute, but it bugs me to see people posting on items they dont have, or have no experience of.

there's my rant for the day. thanks for listening
smily_headphones1.gif

This has been brought up several times in the past. To be frank though, the maximum post title at 1500 posts is rather low; you hit member after 100. Look at places like Anandtech that have title levels that go up to 10,000 (I think lifer is 10,000).

Jan 30, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't you seen their silly ad campagne? "I'm not the helicoptor pilot, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night".

I'm not a brain surgeon, but I did become a Headphoneus Supremus on Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

(Looks like little Timmy isn't gonna make it after all)

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has been brought up several times in the past. To be frank though, the maximum post title at 1500 posts is rather low; you hit member after 100. Look at places like Anandtech that have title levels that go up to 10,000 (I think lifer is 10,000).

1500 is not low...there are only a few even in those forums who have posted 10000 posts. Making the bar so high only BEGS people to keep up the spam, just to get that title

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1500 is not low...there are only a few even in those forums who have posted 10000 posts. Making the bar so high only BEGS people to keep up the spam, just to get that title

Exactly, at 1500 posts it doesn't take long to nef up to 1500 posts. Heck, almost half the people in this thread have more than 1500+, seems like an average of maybe 5/4 of year. And...

Wait... Who the hell isn't getting a custom title out of this thread?

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly, at 1500 posts it doesn't take long to nef up to 1500 posts. Heck, almost half the people in this thread have more than 1500+, seems like an average of maybe 5/4 of year. And...

Wait... Who the hell isn't getting a custom title out of this thread?

Not me, I'm too extreme for custom titles.
eggosmile.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #40 of 57
Hmmm, I don't understand why Fitz is a "Headphone Supremus", while born2bwire is a "contributor... can someone elaborate/

Jan 30, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #41 of 57
Born2bwire is special and has a custom title. Note the "25+ Member :wink:" which no one else has.

Also, for a period of time in 2005 those who contributed got a "Contributor" link attached below their username. Later this was changed to the current bold+italic username system. Those who had the "Contributor" link still have them and are not automatically upgraded by the system to "100+ Member," "1000+ Member," etc. We're special, too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Fitz, however, is not special at all.
tongue.gif

Quote:

The only thing that worries me about the titles are those users who are posting what I can only believe are junk or completetly offtopic irrelevant posts , just to push their count up. I mean there are people who have been members for a month with like 500 posts. Some of those people do have stuff to contribute, but it bugs me to see people posting on items they dont have, or have no experience of.

smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed.

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #43 of 57
They could probably create a 15000+ title, but since jahn is the only one able to post that much it's easier to just call it jahn
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, I don't understand why Fitz is a "Headphone Supremus", while born2bwire is a "contributor... can someone elaborate/

Those of us with the "Contributor" tag were some of the early contributing members, back before you got a bold name this is how it used to be done.

[EDIT]Clearly I haven't learned to read, Elephas already covered this...

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

/hides

This place is certainly aided by the fact that most members have better things to do than hang around and post for the sake of post counts, and even those who do post for the sake of post counts do it acceptably (well, in a way that doesn't tend to irritate others anyway). And this keeps the place alive if anything.

I dare you to venture into some of the more popular video game or video game related forums around
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back