What CD Player are you using with headphones
Feb 12, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #46 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
really?
smily_headphones1.gif

Hahaha Funny and Ironic. But I decided to go for Pioneer DV59avi universal player which provides plenty video upgrade from my current Sony yet not sacrificing much on the audio side.

Feb 12, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i bet that sounds pretty damn good
smily_headphones1.gif

lol, actually, yah! Surprisingly sounds pretty good. Heh, this will be the rig I set up at tomorrow's NJ meet.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Feb 12, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #50 of 64
I have a Sony SCD-CE775. It's a nice 5-Disc Changer, supports SACD's and Hybrid's. It sounds very good, and suprisingly better with my cute little Go-Vibe sitting ontop
tongue.gif

Being that I'm supposed to be getting my dad's old stereo system I've considered sending it in for modding. http://www.sacdmods.com/CE775.htm supposedly does a very good job into transforming the $200 player into sounding like a higher-end Sony. I've read some good reviews about them, so I may consider it.

Feb 12, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #52 of 64
I guess I don't fit the discription of the person described in the first post, but I'm not sure what the significance of not having an amp and loudspeakers is. I have an Audio Research CD3 Mk.II, running balanced outputs to the headphone amp and unbalanced to the integrated amp for the speakers.

Feb 12, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #53 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Hey Spaceman, how does the Tivoli compare to the others?

Just took it out of the box Friday. Primarily got it to go with my Model II radio for speaker listening, which sounds very nice, btw. Thinking of getting a Headroom micro or Millett hybrid to mate with the Tivoli and give the headphones a go. I'll let you know how it is with/without headphone amp once I get everything connected and some listening time.

Feb 13, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #54 of 64
Samsung DVD-HD 950 universal player (SACD/DVD audio).

Feb 16, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #56 of 64
Ayre CX-7 Evolution

Feb 17, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #58 of 64
Denon DVD-1920 (Universal) at home with an RA-1 (HG). For work, I have a cheap tabletop Panasonic bookshelf system (less than $100) with a Headroom Bithead. My Powerbook (and my 5G iPod) with the Bithead both sound better than the Panasonic, but I use it more (the Panasonic) to save the wear and tear on my laptop's optical drive. In any case, I'm waiting to get my vintage Sony D-555 pcdp repaired so I can use it at work.

Feb 17, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #60 of 64
Sony DVP-NS999ES w/ModWright Basic Signature Truth mods (Class-A tube analog output stage with it's own dedicated power supply for 2-channel), LCAudio X03 clock, & multi-channel op-amp upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back