What book are you reading right now?
Dec 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #2,686 of 5,358
Looks interesting Hi-Finthen. How is it so far?

Dec 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #2,687 of 5,358
Just got an original copy of Christine of Christmas...so I'm reading that right now.

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #2,688 of 5,358
Quote:
Looks interesting Hi-Finthen. How is it so far?

It is interestingly true, in answer to both the title and your interrogatory !

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #2,689 of 5,358
Currently reading Black Prism by Brent Weeks
----------------------
Try "Black Prism" by Brent Weeks (like what I read right now), "Mistborn Trilogy" by Brandon Sanderson (awesome magic system, epic battles, finished with an ending you will never guessed). Also try "The Wheel of Time" series (an epic series on par with "The Lord of the Rings") by Robert Jordan (and finished by Brandon Sanderson). "The Way of Kings" from Stormlight Archieve series, also by Brandon Sanderson. "Black Jewels Trilogy" by Anne Bishop (if you like some romantic epic high fantasy genre). "Inheritance Trilogy" by N.K. Jemisin (not to be confused by "Inheritance Cycle" a.k.a Eragon books) is awesome also, the ending is truly EPIC! Also "Dreamblood" series (also by N.K. Jemisin). Wanna some post-apocalypse fantasy? Try "The Road" by Cormac McCarty (beautiful dialogues!!!, touching story, tear jerker ending).
Quote:
hey guys.  I need some reading material for the winter break

give me a list of your top 5 novels.  ever

I'm waiting for this book also!!!
Quote:
I can't read anything until A Memory of Light gets here on January 8.....20 years to complete the series!

Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #2,691 of 5,358
Quote:
Currently reading Black Prism by Brent Weeks
----------------------
Try "Black Prism" by Brent Weeks (like what I read right now), "Mistborn Trilogy" by Brandon Sanderson (awesome magic system, epic battles, finished with an ending you will never guessed). Also try "The Wheel of Time" series (an epic series on par with "The Lord of the Rings") by Robert Jordan (and finished by Brandon Sanderson). "The Way of Kings" from Stormlight Archieve series, also by Brandon Sanderson. "Black Jewels Trilogy" by Anne Bishop (if you like some romantic epic high fantasy genre). "Inheritance Trilogy" by N.K. Jemisin (not to be confused by "Inheritance Cycle" a.k.a Eragon books) is awesome also, the ending is truly EPIC! Also "Dreamblood" series (also by N.K. Jemisin). Wanna some post-apocalypse fantasy? Try "The Road" by Cormac McCarty (beautiful dialogues!!!, touching story, tear jerker ending).

I'm waiting for this book also!!!

Man the road is DEPRESSING!!!!  I love post apocalyptic stuff but yow...Anything by Sanderson is great. The Way of Kings was wonderful, can't wait for the next one.

11 days to AMOL!

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2,692 of 5,358
yes, the world in "the road" really bleak and depressing, but it made nice contras with the main characters, highlighting the beauty of the relationship between the father and the son. I love how simple the dialogues is, but very beautiful and touching. Another great post apocalypse - steampunk novels: "Mortal Engine Quartet" by Philip Reeve. Very good, love the technology.
I agree with you, anything by Brandon Sanderson is GREAT. It's 10 days to AMOL now (wow wow wow wow wow)
Quote:
Man the road is DEPRESSING!!!!  I love post apocalyptic stuff but yow...Anything by Sanderson is great. The Way of Kings was wonderful, can't wait for the next one.

11 days to AMOL!

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #2,693 of 5,358
I'll check out Philip Reeve. Thanks!

Let the AMOL countdown begin!

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #2,694 of 5,358
About 7 years ago I read a few James Barclay Books about The Raven and really enjoyed them.
I needed a break from Tolkien/Feist so looked for another Fantasy writer and heard good reviews about Barclay.

Anyway, Im currently reading the entire Kindle edition " The Raven Collection "

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #2,695 of 5,358
Ah Raymond Feist! Another favorite around here...How about David Eddings?

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #2,696 of 5,358
I've not read any of Eddings work yet but I do have one of the books somewhere I believe...
Belgarath The Sorcerer?

As for Feist, I've read the entire saga from Magician right through to A Crown Imperilled. 
Cant believe its coming to an ultimate end soon, then with so many books you get sucked into the world he's created. 
Well I have anyway lol.

Once Ive finished the Raven collection Im going to carry on with GRR Martin's A Storm Of Swords ( Part of the Game Of Thrones series )

Then I may start on The Silmarillion again :p

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #2,697 of 5,358
n383205.jpg

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #2,700 of 5,358
Quote:
I've not read any of Eddings work yet but I do have one of the books somewhere I believe...
Belgarath The Sorcerer?

As for Feist, I've read the entire saga from Magician right through to A Crown Imperilled. 
Cant believe its coming to an ultimate end soon, then with so many books you get sucked into the world he's created. 
Well I have anyway lol.

Once Ive finished the Raven collection Im going to carry on with GRR Martin's A Storm Of Swords ( Part of the Game Of Thrones series )

Then I may start on The Silmarillion again :p

Just the the Hobbit in 3D...They pulled in parts of the Silmarillion and did a good job of it. Belgarath the Sorcerer is (I think) the first book....Another great world ala Feist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back