What are your most comfortable cans for all-day use?
Feb 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #31 of 44
Beyerdynamic DT880s for me.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #32 of 44

Quote:
Interesting (to me) just how a large a percentage of respondents to this thread reference one Sennheiser model or another. Seems like they got ergonomics right...

very true, but f.e. Beyerdynamic premium models or Denons are also very comfortable. At that level, comfort is taken care of and one should choose for sound (whatever the preferences are) on my opinion 

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #33 of 44
KSC75. Once I put it on, I NEVER have to readjust them, and I CAN forget they're on.  No Beyer or Denon comes close. They are comfy, but they tend to have to be readjusted every once in awhile.

I honestly don't see how people can consider the KSC75 uncomfortable. Seriously. Wear ir for a week, learn how to put it on properly, and they'll disappear from your head.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #34 of 44
jep, they are very comfortable on the ears, true

biggest disadvantage of them for on the go, is they don't isolate, not even a little bit

(plus they are a great bang for the buck offcourse, but my Yuin G1a's have better sound (but are less comfortable, noticable) )

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #35 of 44
I just wish they weren't so dorky looking, I'd wear my KSC75 anywhere if they weren't. XD

But yeah, not exactly isolating, lol.

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #37 of 44
Most comfortable can all day is Sennheiser in general, especially PXC 450 or HD650.

Headphone that hurt me the most is Beyerdynamic in general (DT990 is the worst one), this can is too small for my head and too much headband pressure.

Monster Dr. Dre Studio Pro is another bad headphone to wear, it's too heavy I can only last few minutes before I get neck injury. :)

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #40 of 44
I also have the HD590's.  I absolutely love wearing them.  I also just went through a similar search.  The place that I'm currently working at has very low cubicles, with lots of traffic and discussion going on.  I found that I really had to get a pair of closed cans.

I finally settled on the Beyer DT 770 Pros.  They are pretty comfortable, the velor pads are nice.  I can't wear them quite as long as my  HD590's, but so far they haven't ever been painful.  The sound is quite nice too. 

I had considered quite a few other models: I loved how the ATH-M50's sounded, but I didn't like the pleather ear pads.  The Shure SRH-860 clamped too hard and were way too heavy on my head.  I also tested the AKG 271's.  These actually were more comfortable in some ways than the DT770 but they still let in too much environmental noise.

I also have a pair of Shure e3c IEM's.  I use them on occasion when things really get loud at the office, but I can't wear them for more than an hour before my ears start screaming.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #41 of 44
The previous flagships are all very comfortable, the problem with weight etc has only recently become an issue with the new flagships. HD 600/650 and the K701 are all fantastic for daily use. Beyerdynamic DT 880 edition 2005 is also very nice.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #42 of 44

Quote:
HD800 by far imo

This.  Absolutely.  The Sennheiser HD 800 is simply without peer, in my experience, the weight distributed perfectly, the clamping force just right, the huge earpads distributing the clamping over a generous area--and my ears swimming in open air, untouched.  Like .Sup said--by far.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #43 of 44

After a couple of days with my Sennheiser HD-800's, I put the HD-600 and then the HD-650 on my head, and each of those felt like a velvety clamp, but emphasis on clamp. The HD-800 doesn't clamp. It's more comfortable than the Sennheiser PX-100, by far.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #44 of 44
Hard to beat Sony XB with the big and very soft pads with the perfect clamping force. I wear my XB500 often 8 - 10 hrs a day at my comp without any issues, it's like having small pillows resting on your head. I usually never bother taking them off in case I don't have any sound playing through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back