What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #52,786 of 136,255
th

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #52,791 of 136,255

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #52,793 of 136,255
Originally Posted by musikaladin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... with "before the bullfight" he wrote & composed one of my most favorite songs ever.
Until today I stil love and regularly listen to "taking the veil", "methods of dance" and several others he wrote in the 1980s.

His voice man is something else. Addictive. After you said taking the veil I played that song again and it's one of my favourites of that album. Good taste there buddy
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #52,794 of 136,255
  Any good? Have you heard their Beethoven?

Yeah it sounds good but I haven't any comparison point and I love this Schubert Quartet. I haven't listened for this opus for a long time but I've read recently "the death and the maiden" (theater) so I remembered suddenly I really need to listen the Music.   

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #52,795 of 136,255

His voice man is something else. Addictive. After you said taking the veil I played that song again and it's one of my favourites of that album. Good taste there buddy :beerchug:  

I'm on a business trip in Vietnam and after nice dinner now back on the room. Reading your post I couldn't resist to listen to "taking the veil" via Fiio X5 and Bose QC15. It's his voice but also the instrumentation... a magical flow of rythm and the seemless integration of such beautyful melody. Just listen to the dialogue between electric and acoustic guitars between around 3:00 and 3:45...

And now "before the bullfight", again an utmost beautyful dialogue between two instruments, this time trumpet and guitar... And then the lyrics....

"(...)
guilty of stealing every thought I own
I will take my turn to fight the bullfight,

every word sunk in me
like the blade of a knife through my heart

but my strength will return
to fight the bullfight
(...)"

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #52,798 of 136,255

光収容 (Hikarisyuyo) - 鉄は唄う (Tetsu ha Utau)

Agalloch - The Serpent & the Sphere
http://agalloch.bandcamp.com/album/the-serpent-the-sphere

A phenomenal new release from Agalloch. One has learned to expect nothing less than highest quality from this group by this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back