What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 6, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #52,817 of 136,245
millstones - セカイカタログ (Sekai Catalog)​

I'm typically very wary of compilations, detest them to be frank. Just like with AVTechNO!'s recent "Thank you pack", however, this album is a more than worthwhile investment for even those who own practically all of the artist's prior output. The completely new and simply outstanding songs aside, just like on the aforementioned "Thank you pack", all previously released songs have been retouched or even heavily reworked, as well as remixed and remastered – well. millstones has gone as far as to include version numbers for each song in their title to designate which iteration of the song we are dealing with. Japanese diligence and dedication is such an admirable thing. I've never heard these songs sound this good and I'm so happy I decided to give the album its first audition on my 803 Diamonds because my gosh this album sounds phenomenal. As an added bonus, like all special editions released by UMAA, the packaging quality is among the very best I've ever seen. All the artwork made for this release looks absolutely spectacular. I could not be more happier with this purchase.

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #52,819 of 136,245
Carl NielsenSymphony No. 6 "Sinfonia semplice"
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra/Osmo Vänskä

J. S. Bach'Herr Gott, dich loben wir', BWV 16'Meine Seufzer, meine Tränen', BWV 13; 'Liebster Jesu, mein Verlangen', BWV32
Rachel Nicholls, soprano
Robin Blaze, counter-tenor
Gerd Türk, tenor
Peter Kooij, bass
Bach Collegium Japan/Masaaki Suzuki

Ludwig van BeethovenTrio for Piano and Strings in D major, Op. 70 no. 1 "Ghost" 
Andreas Staier, fortepiano 
Daniel Sepec, violin
Jean-Guihen Queyras, cello

Johannes Brahms:  Clarinet Quintet in B minor, Op. 115
Eric Hoeprich, clarinet
London Haydn Quartet

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #52,822 of 136,245

J. S. Bach'Herr Gott, dich loben wir', BWV 16'Meine Seufzer, meine Tränen', BWV 13; 'Liebster Jesu, mein Verlangen', BWV32
Rachel Nicholls, soprano
Robin Blaze, counter-tenor
Gerd Türk, tenor
Peter Kooij, bass
Bach Collegium Japan/Masaaki Suzuki

I'm a big fan of Suzuki.  Magistral work he did on the cantatas and the mass in B- although for that last one I'm more impressed by the instrumental rendition(refreshing new and dynamic approach) than with the vocals.  

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #52,827 of 136,245
tdflin-sbecd.jpg

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #52,830 of 136,245

I got one of these as a free sampler at Barnes & Noble, of all places, and loved it. I was casually a Bonamassa fan already, but that really made me appreciate him more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back