What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 3, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #1,052 of 14,566
Metastasizing in a system near you in 12-14 weeks.

So just in time to completely miss Christmas? Is this for CES?

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #1,053 of 14,566
This is for the planetary alignment heralding the end of trash sound reproduction when the Manhattan Project hits the fan.

The [REDACTED] has been supremely [REDACTED] to instigate the complete [REDACTED] of sonic [REDACTED] within the realm of audio [REDACTED].

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,054 of 14,566
  The [REDACTED] has been supremely [REDACTED] to instigate the complete [REDACTED] of sonic [REDACTED] within the realm of audio [REDACTED].

So Cthulhu vs MQA cage match?

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,056 of 14,566
But, Oooooh - what collateral damage........    
blink.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,060 of 14,566
Is the 2-channel going to be a more powerful Rag without the ability to drive headphones (other than HE-6, k1000, etc)

Sep 5, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #1,062 of 14,566

Is the 2-channel going to be a more powerful Rag without the ability to drive headphones (other than HE-6, k1000, etc)

If I were betting, I'd put my money on the 2-channel stuff using the Pivot Point topology, so not a circlotron. I don't expect Schiit will divulge this prior to the official unveiling.

The 2-channel gear will be a preamplifier and power amplifier, intended primarily for 2-channel audio enthusiasts like myself. Jason has hinted that the power amp will have a significantly higher power output than the Rag, think 250+ watts per channel into 8 ohms. I doubt the power amp will be set up to drive headphones, and yet Jason may surprise us. The preamp may have headphone outputs, perhaps more as a courtesy (unless they stick a Joty amp in the 2-channel preamps).

I also believe (and hope!) the 2-channel amp will use the Pivot Point topology. Given the positive reviews of the Joty, I'd love to hear that circuit, with an appropriate power capacity, driving loudspeakers. And if that is what they build, that is what I'll be listening to come October.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #1,063 of 14,566

The 2-channel gear will be a preamplifier and power amplifier, intended primarily for 2-channel audio enthusiasts like myself. Jason has hinted that the power amp will have a significantly higher power output than the Rag, think 250+ watts per channel into 8 ohms. I doubt the power amp will be set up to drive headphones, and yet Jason may surprise us. The preamp may have headphone outputs, perhaps more as a courtesy (unless they stick a Joty amp in the 2-channel preamps).

I also believe (and hope!) the 2-channel amp will use the Pivot Point topology. Given the positive reviews of the Joty, I'd love to hear that circuit, with an appropriate power capacity, driving loudspeakers. And if that is what they build, that is what I'll be listening to come October.

Pretty sure it's been said that the preamp is only going to be a pre, and not have headphone outputs.

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #1,064 of 14,566
  I also believe (and hope!) the 2-channel amp will use the Pivot Point topology. 

Just freewheeling here...

How about a Bifrost-sized mono block with 200/400/800 W into 8/4/2 ohms?  At a price of up to $400 each I could replace all my amps and still come out ahead.

I think that's what the peyote is telling me....

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,065 of 14,566

I think we ca be 99.9999% sure it will be Pivot Point. When Jason announced Schiit was going to make a 2-channel amp, at the end of last December, he mentioned it was going to use a new topology he was working on for a long time, so it has to be this Pivot Point.

Just freewheeling here...

How about a Bifrost-sized mono block with 200/400/800 W into 8/4/2 ohms?  At a price of up to $400 each I could replace all my amps and still come out ahead.

I think that's what the peyote is telling me....

My spider senses tell me the same: Schiit 2-channel amp will be a pair of monoblocks and the shape will be like a square donut (unless it was completely redesigned in the last couple of months).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back