Westone UM3X Thread
May 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #781 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1m0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my pair yesterday and I'm pretty satisfied. My only complain is the treble.
I use the treble booster setting on my ipod. Without it some songs sound muted and lack a lot of high end energy. So what tips should I use for a little more treble presence?

I know thuis is a BA IEM and the burning thing but for me the treble (presence not extension) opened after 24-48 hours of usage. Now it is perfectly balanced.

May 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #782 of 4,413
Quote:

I got my pair yesterday and I'm pretty satisfied. My only complain is the treble.
I use the treble booster setting on my ipod. Without it some songs sound muted and lack a lot of high end energy. So what tips should I use for a little more treble presence?

I think the consensus is that the transparent silicon tips add the most treble presence. They are the least comfortable though. Correct me if I am wrong...

May 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #783 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the consensus is that the transparent silicon tips add the most treble presence. They are the least comfortable though. Correct me if I am wrong...

comfort would always depend on the person.

May 30, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #784 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know thuis is a BA IEM and the burning thing but for me the treble (presence not extension) opened after 24-48 hours of usage. Now it is perfectly balanced.

I am with you. I also notice sound seems more contracted than out of box. Other things remain hte same

May 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #786 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just to clarify the grey silicone tips are soft AND very comfortable. The clear ones are hard(er), in my case quite uncomfortable and never sounded right. Both tips, though, don't come stock with the UM3X but only with the W3.

May 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #788 of 4,413
Quote:

I just received mine too, and I too feel that the treble is soft. The treble booster on the ipod gives a rather artificial treble. I don't know, but I feel that there is a little too much bass as well. Using the bass reducer profile on my iPhone.

I'm now on short complys, but I will be trying the shure rubber and clear tips as well as the triple flange when i get them from my girlfriend tomorrow.

Managed to get a working eq for the UM3x on Ozone below and had to put a little exciter as well, but mine is only on about 8 hrs of usage. Hopefully the treble opens up further. Btw, what is the best way to burn in. I've been using pink noise so far and i'm not too sure if music would be better/faster results.

I fear I may be an anti bass treblehead...

May 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #789 of 4,413
I prefer music with a good range to do the job of burning in. Though there are those who say there will be no need and no change. I have found otherwise and this with comparison to other phones of known sound.

May 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #790 of 4,413
I am having a lot of success with the Klipsch X10 gels on my UMX3s. Very comfortable with pretty good isolation.

Amy kindly sent me a couple of extra pairs. Great customer service from Amy!

May 31, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #791 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by xolp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received mine too, and I too feel that the treble is soft. The treble booster on the ipod gives a rather artificial treble. I don't know, but I feel that there is a little too much bass as well. Using the bass reducer profile on my iPhone.

I'm now on short complys, but I will be trying the shure rubber and clear tips as well as the triple flange when i get them from my girlfriend tomorrow.

Managed to get a working eq for the UM3x on Ozone below and had to put a little exciter as well, but mine is only on about 8 hrs of usage. Hopefully the treble opens up further. Btw, what is the best way to burn in. I've been using pink noise so far and i'm not too sure if music would be better/faster results.

I fear I may be an anti bass treblehead...

Give the IEM's some time for you to adjust to them. Coming from E4's, yes, UM3X will sound quite bassy but the treble should be far superior as well. Surprised you think it is lacking.

May 31, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #792 of 4,413
well i just pulled the trigger on a pair of um3x. i've been enjoying my um2's a lot lately and i can't wait to see how the two compare.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back