Westone Audio MACH: Launch Tour
May 19, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #16 of 85
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
  • extra-bass IEMs is preferred
  • DX160, and Modi3/Flux FA-10 as desktop.
  • I only had short impressions post here, not yet any formal review.
  • No experience with Westone, I am currently own Etymotic ER4XR.

May 19, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #17 of 85
  • Your location (City & Country). Adelaide, Australia
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Extra bass, but the bass should be deep and tight
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Fiio KA3 and Fiio BTR5 as sources for A/B tests. IEMs for A/B tests: CFA Andromeda 2020, Final Audio E5000 and A4000, Moondrop Blessing 2 and Aria, and possibly some more budget-friendly IEMs.
  • Link to your other reviews. I am starting a review website at https://iegems.nk-tran.com
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own: Etymotic ER2SE
Thanks!

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 85
Fremont, USA
I prefer natural neutral tuning
Source gear: iphone dongle and Hifiman HM802 DAP
I reviewed W60 on my youtube channel:

and the W80 on adorama’s website (titled A solid step up…)
https://www.adorama.com/r/we80v3bt-reviews
I currently own W60 v2 and W80 v3. I used to own w4r and um pro 30 v2. Long time Westone fan here. As someone who is intimately familiar with the Westone house sound, I shall be able to provide valuable opinions on how the new mach series compare with the old W series.

May 20, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #19 of 85
Good luck to everyone with getting onto the tour. I await your reviews keenly.

I will be getting the MACH 80 in any case but will be reading and watching your reviews. Its to replace my W80 which is a few years old now but still going strong and sounding as awesome as ever. :)

May 20, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #20 of 85
  • Your location (City & Country). UAE
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? I'd rather prefer something between the W50 and the W60 w/ W80 sound field and that Westone organic mids, please. Otherwise, neutral w/ sub bass boost preferred...
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Asus ROG PC, DX229, DX248mkII, dap + Tradutto, dap + TR amp, Streaming+Matrix Element M, Streaming+Ferrum OOR
  • Link to your other reviews. My signature
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own. (Still own and still in Love!) W10, W50 (in my signature), (previously) W4, W60, W80

May 20, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #21 of 85
  • Your location (City & Country). Mainz, GERMANY
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? neutral tuning
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Cayin N8ii, Luxury&Precision P6pro, Cayin RU6, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos , IEMs: VE Phoenix and VE EXT
  • Link to your other reviews. no reviews so far :)
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own. none, but highly interested
Thanks

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #22 of 85
May 20, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #23 of 85
Good luck to everyone with getting onto the tour. I await your reviews keenly.

I will be getting the MACH 80 in any case but will be reading and watching your reviews. Its to replace my W80 which is a few years old now but still going strong and sounding as awesome as ever. :)
Would be very interesting to get your take of the very familiar W80 to the new MACH 80...
Why don't you join the tour?

May 20, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #24 of 85
Would be very interesting to get your take of the very familiar W80 to the new MACH 80...
Why don't you join the tour?
Well I could, or alternatively I could use my day's holiday in early June, make a day of it, visit my local retailer, Hifiheadphones and see what I think. :wink:

I will be taking a pencil and paper on the day to jot down my initial impressions, so if I have anything useful to share, here on Head-Fi, good or bad I will do so.

Until then I will look forward to reading other's reviews and impressions, whilst trying to keep an open mind.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #25 of 85
  • Your location (City & Country): Faridabad, Haryana, India
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Neutral with bass boost. Not extra-bass.
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review: Qudelix 5K, L&P W2, Shanling M7
  • Link to your other reviews: https://www.head-fi.org/members/ace-bee.419864/#showcase-reviews
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own. Nothing. Never tried any Westone or Etymotic iems.

May 20, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 85
  • Redwood City, California
  • I prefer neutral with sub-bass boost.
  • iPhone 13 Mini > Apple Lossless Music > Apple Dongle, iBasso DX300 w/ FLAC
  • Repository of my work.
  • I haven't reviewed a Westone IEM, but I have heard a few models of their lineup at CanJam, so I'm interested in hearing these new ones! I have heard most all of the current Etymotic IEMs and reviewed the ER2XR and EVO.

May 22, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #28 of 85
May 22, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #29 of 85
  • La tua posizione (città e paese). Torino Italia
  • Preferisci l'accordatura neutra o gli IEM extra-bassi? Bassi extra
  • Attrezzatura di origine che intendi utilizzare per la recensione. Shanling M8 Ifi Gryphon - Dongle Lotoo
  • Link alle tue altre recensioni. Nessuno
  • Elenca altri prodotti Westone e/o Etymotic che hai recensito, che possiedi o che utilizzavi. Westone Um30 Westone W60 Etymotic er4 xr

• Your location (City & Country). Torino Italy
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Extra bass
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Shanling M8 Ifi Gryphon -Lotoo dongle
  • Link to your other reviews. Nobody
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own. Westone Um30 Westone W60 Etymotic er4 xr
Thanks
If possible I would be curious to try the top Match 80. I could compare it to my Um Mest Indigo and Noble Sultan.

Best.

Davide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back