weird XCD-88 modding experience
Nov 10, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #31 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
My arrogance is assurance and confidence, based on 50 years of hi fi experience.

Whatever "experience" you're talking about is all well and good, I'm sure, but it might make a little more of an impact if it was experience with the products that we're actually talking about here. You call all of your equipment "best in class" but you've not heard all their competitors? That's not assurance, that's blind ignorance.

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #32 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasonharkin
Hi

Art you are such a self-righteous, arrogant idiot. In the majority of your posts you continously proclaim your gear as the best, however you have only limited experience with regard to high-end cans, sources and amps, therefore your CRAZY claims are totally unfounded. Moreover you lambast fellow head-fiers if they happen to dislike a can which you enjoy, your a grown man act like one, not a spoiled little baby. Finally you GOT TO UNDERSTAND everyone has different tastes, no two people are the same, what I like you might not like and vice versa. Also I recall the days when you used to make crazys claims about the lehmann amp you once had. You remind me of Nik a little bit, however without Niks experience and good manners.

Yes, your comments are too kind and you epitomize good manners.

I think the Lehmann Black Cube linear is a great SS amp for the money - as good as any at or near its price. I recommend it highly for someone who wants fine SS at a budget price. The Lehmann, E5, and SA5000 took my headphone listening to a very high level. Substituting the Bada PH12 in place of the Lehmann took it much higher, however. I have owned many fine components, some of which I have mentioned in my Bada reveiew link below in my current equipment listing. I have been in HI Fi stores in many big cities and audioned much speaker and headphone system equipment - more than I can remember.

Everyone has their own tastes but these tastes converge and find agreement on natural voice and instrument timbre - for me the Holy Grail of sound.

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #33 of 70
Quote:

Everyone has their own tastes but these tastes converge and find agreement on natural voice and instrument timbre - for me the Holy Grail of sound.

You expect people to agree with you that the SA5k represents a natural voice and instrument timbre? I find it pretty remarkable that someone can find the SA5k to be natural or accurate on instrument timbre. I can't agree with you there, and this opinion is outside the majority in this community.

You really ought to stop thinking and arguing that people should be agreeing with you on this. That's why people find your posts so irritating. It's great that it's right for you, but I'm boggled why you seem to think it should be right for everyone else.

Regards,

-Jason

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #34 of 70
Quote:

for me the Holy Grail of sound.

BINGO!! and that's why you can not make a blanket statement and say your set up is the best in all cases becasue that's only to you.

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #35 of 70
SA5000vsHD650.jpg

The SA5000s are in pink, the HD650s in blue.

Yep, the SA5000s are VERY, VERY neutral..
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Yes, except that 99.9% of us do not believe the SA5000 is the Holy Grail of sound.

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #36 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasonharkin
Hi

Art you are such a self-righteous, arrogant idiot. In the majority of your posts you continously proclaim your gear as the best, however you have only limited experience with regard to high-end cans, sources and amps, therefore your CRAZY claims are totally unfounded. Moreover you lambast fellow head-fiers if they happen to dislike a can which you enjoy, your a grown man act like one, not a spoiled little baby. Finally you GOT TO UNDERSTAND everyone has different tastes, no two people are the same, what I like you might not like and vice versa. Also I recall the days when you used to make crazys claims about the lehmann amp you once had. You remind me of Nik a little bit, however without Niks experience and good manners.

So what are you really trying to say?
rs1smile.gif

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #37 of 70
We're getting nowhere here - if you can't even see past your ego to recognise that your opinions might not be universally shared, you're not worth replying to.

trolls9qw.jpg

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #38 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
So what are you really trying to say?
rs1smile.gif

Geez, I can't believe anyone would be so rude to say something like that...
icon10.gif

Best,

-Jason

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #39 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
Whatever "experience" you're talking about is all well and good, I'm sure, but it might make a little more of an impact if it was experience with the products that we're actually talking about here. You call all of your equipment "best in class" but you've not heard all their competitors? That's not assurance, that's blind ignorance.

Yes, my equipment is the best in its price class. I pride myself for getting the best bang for the buck, in buying anything.

In USD, for actual prices available

What amp is better than the Bada PH12 for under $450 ?

What CDP is better than the E5 for under $750 ?

What headphone is better than the SA5000 for under $375 ?

Anyone?

I am truly interested? I won't say anything against it even where I have owned or auditioned it and found it inferior.

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #40 of 70
Quote:

Yes, my equipment is the best in its price class. I pride myself for getting the best bang for the buck, in buying anything.

Anyone?

I am truly interested? I won't say anything against it even where I have owned or auditioned it and found it inferior.

Totally different question now, why did you change it from $2000 to $375 for the SA5K? Cat got your tongue?

For $375, it is on the same level as other cans (HD650, et al), and I am sure many would agree to that.

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #41 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
SA5000vsHD650.jpg

The SA5000s are in pink, the HD650s in blue.

Yep, the SA5000s are VERY, VERY neutral..
rolleyes.gif

Yes, except that 99.9% of us do not believe the SA5000 is the Holy Grail of sound.

Yes, from this data they should sound the same. From this data the HD650 should not have the muddled midrange with congested vocal and instrumental passages that it does have compared to the SA5000..

How about some relevant data?

It doesn't exist.

Data often doesn't tell the story of sound quality.

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #42 of 70
Quote:

What dynamic headphone for under $2000 is better than the SA5000?

What CDP for $3000 or less beats the E5?

Quote:

Changing the boundaries a bit, are we? I do hope your assured confidence isn't faltering...

This has never been, and still isn't, a thread about whether your equipment is "better" than anything else, in its price range or otherwise. It's still about you forcing your opinions onto others, whether they like it or not. Are you ignoring all these comments on purpose, or is there some other reason you've concentrated only on the parts where people have been drawn into your gear debates?

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #43 of 70
Quote:

Yes, from this data they should sound the same. From this data the HD650 should not have the muddled midrange with congested vocal and instrumental passages that it does have compared to the SA5000..

How about some relevant data?

It doesn't exist.

Data often doesn't tell the story of sound quality.

Yes, data doesn't tell you the story of sound quality. I do not argue that notion, but I am detesting the notion that the SA5000s are NEUTRAL. They are NOT NEUTRAL, as you can see from the huge ass spike @ 10K.

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Anyone?

Im confused... are you argueing bang-for-the-buck or best ever?

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #45 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon

Art: Yes, my equipment is the best in its price class. I pride myself for getting the best bang for the buck, in buying anything.

Anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Totally different question now, why did you change it from $2000 to $375 for the SA5K? Cat got your tongue?

For $375, it is on the same level as other cans (HD650, et al), and I am sure many would agree to that.

Art: Yes, the topic was changed by Kamaleon to best in class. Surprised you didn't notice this. Are you reading the posts at all before replying?

I own both the HD650 and SA5000 and don't like the muddled midrange of complex congested passages of the HD650 compared to the SA5000. Can't imagine anyone who would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back