Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Mar 14, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #122 of 1,227
Hello,

Given your low post count and the fact that you're a relatively recent member I will admit you into the tour on a probationary basis with a couple caveats, namely 1) you will be slotted in at the end after the kit has made it out to the east coast and 2) you make an effort to maintain at least a token regular presence on Head Fi between now and then.

Cheers.
For sure. So would I be the last? Will you give me an instruction on where to send if I become the last one?

Anyway thank you for the opportunity!

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #124 of 1,227
Received.

To ensure the IEMs are available and not stuck in the mail for our Vancouver meet I have been given the go-ahead to keep these IEMs until that time and hand them directly to @tgx78 in person.

They were received and are currently in my ears. XE6 first, KR5 now. These definitely have personality.

Mar 16, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #125 of 1,227
I’m going to donate two CFA Black IEM pouches to the tour. Too many heavy IEMs bouncing around. @Rockwell75 can give them back to me if we remember at the end of the tour.

These are all beautiful IEMs and I adore the stock cable. A great feeling cable, light, not microphonic, very supple and an appropriate length.

Mar 16, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #126 of 1,227
I’m going to donate two CFA Black IEM pouches to the tour. Too many heavy IEMs bouncing around. @Rockwell75 can give them back to me if we remember at the end of the tour.

These are all beautiful IEMs and I adore the stock cable. A great feeling cable, light, not microphonic, very supple and an appropriate length.
Mmmm supple

Mar 23, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #127 of 1,227
VE tour kit is now in the hands of @efejoao. We had an awesome chat during the kit exchange, amazing to have also the opportunity to meet more people from the head-fi community!

Mar 31, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #128 of 1,227
VE tour kit is now in the hands of me @Kevintj604

I met up with @efejoao yesterday for an epic 4 hour IEM extravaganza.

A/B testing with a UM Mest MK1 and both Vision Ears set.

I don't want to spoil anyone's impressions but the VE EXT are bonkers. I'll be having a lot of fun with them this weekend.

@Rockwell75 Please update the list when you have a moment. I'll PM the next person on the list early next week so I can pass on the goods.

Thanks again for this awesome opportunity!

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #129 of 1,227
VE tour kit is now in the hands of me @Kevintj604

I met up with @efejoao yesterday for an epic 4 hour IEM extravaganza.

A/B testing with a UM Mest MK1 and both Vision Ears set.

I don't want to spoil anyone's impressions but the VE EXT are bonkers. I'll be having a lot of fun with them this weekend.

@Rockwell75 Please update the list when you have a moment. I'll PM the next person on the list early next week so I can pass on the goods.

Thanks again for this awesome opportunity!
I Agree that the EXT are really good and I enjoyed some of its components very much :)

Unfortunately, I love my bass in a very particular way and it is where they are not for me. I like more of a less splashy bass and more of a controlled/ balanced but still impactful tone. The mids and the highs are amazing but I still not sure if it beats its older brother the Elysium OG (I believe it is still the best IEM for highs I ever heard).

The Phonix, unfortunately, didn't sound anything to my liking. Didn't bring anything special to my experience. I is just a nice IEM among many nice IEMs in the market.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #130 of 1,227
*Watches intently as the VE kit makes it more east*

Apr 4, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #131 of 1,227
I have the FIR tour kit. Thanks @tgx78

Apr 8, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #133 of 1,227
Thanks for the awesome meetup @hlee227

The next time we meet I hope it'll be at a more scheduled meet-up.

Van-Can-Jam anyone? :k701smile:

Thanks again @Rockwell75

Apr 8, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #134 of 1,227
Apr 8, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #135 of 1,227
We should plan a meet in Van over the summer. Anyone who's on these tour lists who is able plus whoever else is around. Sometime around mid-July perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back