Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #9,331 of 14,272
Throwing price to the wind I want the Jaeger-LeCoultre Hybris Mechanica à Grande Sonnerie.

jaeger-lecoultre-hybris-mechanica-grande-sonnerie-soldier1.jpg

Axel, you and Jamie both have excellent taste:wink:

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #9,332 of 14,272
Dream watch? I'd probably go with De Bethune DB25 Quetzalcoatl.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #9,333 of 14,272
Some really amazing pieces.  I've always been a fan of the 5016.  Amazing piece.  I've seen it in person and it is surprisingly thick.  I've been lucky enough to also have held the Hybris Mechanica.  It's a giant but an absolute marvel.

That's a very unique De Bethune - I didn't know a Quetzalcoatl version existed!  I've seen photos of a Mayan version, but this one is totally off the wall.  It it must be really something in person.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #9,334 of 14,272
Here are the ones that I would like to have in my collection...

Hublot Classic Fusion Haute Joaillerie

"...limited to only eight pieces, earns its $1 million price tag with the 1,185 baguette diamonds covering every surface of the watch, from the case and bracelet to the openworked dial. For the case alone, a 15-person team had to perform 1,800 hours of cutting and 200 hours of dimensional checking and quality control. Certainly one of the most expensive watches ever made by Hublot."

Greubel Forsey Art Piece 1

"...was revealed at the 2013 SIHH, and quickly rose to the upper echelon of the “most expensive watches ever made” rankings, with a price of CHF 1.5 million (approximately $1.6 million). The watch’s standout feature is the nanosculpture by artist Willard Wigan in the crown. The Art Piece 1 also has an inclined tourbillon."

Richard Mille Tourbillon RM 56-02 Sapphire

"...combines the tripartite sapphire case of the RM 56-01 with the brand’s revolutionary “cabled movement” design. Click here for more info on Richard Mille’s most expensive watch yet, which breaks not only the $1 million barrier but the $2 million one as well, priced at a cool $2,020,000."

and of course, the watch that is one of the most expensive watches ever:

A. Lange & Söhne Grand Complication

"...unveiled at SIHH 2013, is priced at a staggering 1.92 million euros (approximately $2,497,000 in U.S. currency). The Grand Complication features a grand sonnerie and petit sonnerie in addition to a minute repeater, a monopusher chronograph with a split-seconds function and jumping seconds, and a perpetual calendar with a moon-phase display."

...I would rather own one of these exquisite timepieces, and then sell it.  I would use the money to purchase/build a dream home, purchase my mother a home, and also donate some to the wrestling team that I coach.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #9,336 of 14,272
Money no object? Credor Sonnerie (right).... but screw it, if money is REALLY no object, lets go for the full Minute Repeater (left).  God I LOVE Seiko's Spring Drive Motion.

But for now, I guess I'll settle on this:

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #9,338 of 14,272
Where is @SpudHarris dream piece ?

Haha, you never fail to make me smile. I dig your sense of humour....

well.. I have looked and looked and checked out others choices and I know it might seem lame or a bit unimaginative but nothing really turns me on more than this piece. A lot of the expensive stuff out there is pretentious or crass for the want of better words aimed at the rich and famous. I believe if I had the cash I could actually wear this without feeling as if I were trying to prove something.  It really is so beautiful, I am a little sorry I will never be able to afford one or one like it 
frown.gif

patek%20philippe.jpg

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #9,339 of 14,272

well.. I have looked and looked and checked out others choices and I know it might seem lame or a bit unimaginative but nothing really turns me on more than this piece. A lot of the expensive stuff out there is pretentious or crass for the want of better words aimed at the rich and famous. I believe if I had the cash I could actually wear this without feeling as if I were trying to prove something.  It really is so beautiful, I am a little sorry I will never be able to afford one or one like it 
frown.gif

A very gentlemanly choice indeed.

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #9,340 of 14,272
Money no object? Credor Sonnerie (right).... but screw it, if money is REALLY no object, lets go for the full Minute Repeater (left).  God I LOVE Seiko's Spring Drive Motion.

But for now, I guess I'll settle on this:

Used to own the same Seiko Spring Drive ...its a beauty ....kinda regret letting it go

well.. I have looked and looked and checked out others choices and I know it might seem lame or a bit unimaginative but nothing really turns me on more than this piece. A lot of the expensive stuff out there is pretentious or crass for the want of better words aimed at the rich and famous. I believe if I had the cash I could actually wear this without feeling as if I were trying to prove something.  It really is so beautiful, I am a little sorry I will never be able to afford one or one like it :frowning2:

patek%20philippe.jpg

Nice one .....thanks ..me grew up watching Brit comedy ...Monthy Python ...Fawlty Towers

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #9,341 of 14,272
Nice one Rick, figured you and Shane would come back with vintage pieces. If money were no object or I hit a poweball I know I'd search out a few nice oldies:smiley:

Not vintage... but it was a very nice timepiece.

A Toute Vitesse, limited edition No. 8 / 20.

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #9,342 of 14,272
But I'm a simple man... and I've always wanted one of these. I may get one some day... I had one on my wrist last week. Almost bought it. Felt great, looked even better.

No longer made, but some new still out there. Too bad it doesn't have a display back. The movement is beautiful.
Breguet Type 20 Transatlantique

(Obviously not my photo)

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #9,343 of 14,272
I am quite grateful that I am a man of simple tastes (Well, simple-ish, anyway) - so my dream watches are (just) within the realm of what I can possibly aspire to own one day, if I save up funds for a long time like a good boy should. :)

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5196R

Zenith Ultra Thin

Yes, I am a sucker for small seconds and red gold. :)

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #9,345 of 14,272
  I am quite grateful that I am a man of simple tastes (Well, simple-ish, anyway) - so my dream watches are (just) within the realm of what I can possibly aspire to own one day, if I save up funds for a long time like a good boy should. :)

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5196R

Zenith Ultra Thin

Yes, I am a sucker for small seconds and red gold. :)

Nice, understated elegance and simplicity
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back