Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 29, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #1,591 of 14,288
I was smitten with watches at one stage. Much more $$ hobby than head-fi pursuit.
eek.gif
frown.gif

HorologyCollection.jpg

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #1,593 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaspert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was smitten with watches at one stage. Much more $$ hobby than head-fi pursuit.
eek.gif
frown.gif

HorologyCollection.jpg

Nice collection. Interesting Seiko (with the orange hand). Is that a custom Samourai or a limited edition ?

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #1,594 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Come on Kw!!! i want to see your navi pics!..you have like 10 navi's...and more..and more.

I've only got 1 Navitimer. Heritage model. Seems like I've posted pics before, but I'll see if I can dig one up... Here are a couple I can find at the moment.
232488069_c15f2eafd0.jpg

22907930_6024e329e8.jpg

Cheers!

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #1,595 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Took delivery of this baby today
eek.gif
:

1.jpg

I'll say, it is absolutely true...you really won't appreciate a Grand Seiko until you hold one in your hands. ...Really a beautiful and stunning watch.

That is a beautiful watch! I've read that Seiko may start bringing GS into the US!

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #1,596 of 14,288
Quote:

eek.gif
frown.gif

HorologyCollection.jpg

Very, very nice collection!, sorry about your wallet!

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #1,597 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Rolex TT Blue Sub

_B0Z7015-Crop-800.jpg

Breitling Chrono Avenger

_B0Z7145-AltCrop-RedHand-700.jpg

Wore a Tag 2000 for 12 years - awesome watches. I pretty much love any watch, but some just grab me more than others.

GAD

Beautiful! Some day... The Chrono Avenger M1 is on my list...

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #1,598 of 14,288
Quote:

eek.gif
frown.gif

HorologyCollection.jpg

Very nice collection you got there!
biggrin.gif

Some day I am going to acquire a Panerai Luminor Power Reserve (titanium/steel)...

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #1,599 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Petyot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice collection. Interesting Seiko (with the orange hand). Is that a custom Samourai or a limited edition ?

Not limited edition, just added a set of aftermarket hands to the Titanium Samurai.

Pity my wallet indeed.

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #1,600 of 14,288
I've got two watches worth mentioning. The first here is a Rado DiaStar in a model they don't make any more (it's from 10+ years ago). In my opinion it's the nicest looking watch Rado has ever made:

Thumbnail:

The other watch is a Tissot T-Touch. I don't really want to bother with a picture of that, and you probably all know what it looks like. Here's a found picture of the model I have:

tissot_full.jpg

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #1,601 of 14,288
is the thermometer on the tissot accurate while it is still on your wrist? THe thing I hate about my casio is that I need to take it off of my wrist in order to get an accurate measurement. Otherwise it just stays around 30C

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #1,602 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the thermometer on the tissot accurate while it is still on your wrist? THe thing I hate about my casio is that I need to take it off of my wrist in order to get an accurate measurement. Otherwise it just stays around 30C

I have three Tissot T-Touch watches and they're awesome watches, but they're hampered by the laws of physics.

When worn, the case of the watch takes on the temperature of the wearer's wrist. You have to remove the watch for a few minutes to accurately assess the ambient room temperature.

The titanium models have smaller thermal mass and therefore conform to ambient temperatures more quickly than do the stainless steel models.

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #1,603 of 14,288
frown.gif

I just scratched my casio watch up against a glass shelf. There is now an inch long gash going right across the middle of it.

Is there any cheap way to fix this? I have only had it for a year and its not worth it to spend another $170 on the newer models that don't even look as good as this one.

Aug 29, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #1,604 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

I just scratched my casio watch up against a glass shelf. There is now an inch long gash going right across the middle of it.

Is there any cheap way to fix this? I have only had it for a year and its not worth it to spend another $170 on the newer models that don't even look as good as this one.

Unfortunately, I believe your Casio uses a mineral glass crystal. They are resistant to scratching, but not immune, and once they're scratched, you need to replace them. I don't know if a replacement crystal is available for your Casio. The crystal shouldn't be too expensive. It may run you under $50.00 to have it replaced by a competent and honest watchmaker.

Why don't you call or email Dave Jacobs, describing your watch and situation. He should know if crystals are available for those watches. He may have one in stock if it's a standard round crystal.

djwatchmaker.com

Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back