VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #6,121 of 7,982
You sure? I emailed them and they said that they were the old mkII's and that the new ones would come in on the 15th. Or maybe the new ones came earlier than expected? Regardless, I am pretty sure they still have some of the old ones in stock(doubt they sold out of those within 5 days).

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #6,122 of 7,982
I wonder if the street price will fluctuate on the FS Section now. I should of kept a pair to be honest. They were a unquie sounding dynamic.

Haha...

...who sold the original GR07s. 

That's what you get for getting upgraditis. 
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #6,124 of 7,982
for anyone lacking ear tips because vsonic is running out of stock, you should really just try the sony hybrids. they sell for really cheap at sony service centers- something like $1 per piece, and they are extremely comfortable and fitting.
just remember to pull your ear upwards and slightly backwards before inserting them- then welcome to gr07 heaven!

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #6,125 of 7,982
  for anyone lacking ear tips because vsonic is running out of stock, you should really just try the sony hybrids. they sell for really cheap at sony service centers- something like $1 per piece, and they are extremely comfortable and fitting.
just remember to pull your ear upwards and slightly backwards before inserting them- then welcome to gr07 heaven!

+1

I use Sony tips with all my IEMs. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #6,126 of 7,982
I use the sony hybrids and love them. But I think that you have to buy the variety size pack. I never understood this. I use the extra small. Why would I want the other sizes? I would much rather buy a four pack of xs. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #6,127 of 7,982
  I use the sony hybrids and love them. But I think that you have to buy the variety size pack. I never understood this. I use the extra small. Why would I want the other sizes? I would much rather buy a four pack of xs. 

I've always wondered if anybody actually used those tiny tips.
Seems pretty silly to always have to get a variety pack of tips knowing most pairs are probably going to get thrown away. If you find which size works, then why not be able to buy only that size.
Anyways how do the Sony's compare size wise to the stock vsonic tips. I just got a pair of BEs that didn't included any of the hybrid types and was maybe thinking bout grabbing some sony's to try out since they're only $10. I'm pretty happy with my phonak sized complys squeezed on them tho....

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #6,129 of 7,982

Huh where do u get them so cheap ? Everywhere i see them sells it for $10 vatiety pack, even At sony locations. Ut yes i use sony hybrids on my gr07be. The silicone its made with is of higher quality > the gr07. However the gr07 hybrids have more tips (so if ur ever in between sizes)

So it evens out

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #6,130 of 7,982
I've been lucky enough to buy several pair of the xs from other members here who didn't want them. Lucky me...

Lucky but maybe unlucky for other xs ppl. I un think sony puts those xs on any of their lower end earphones. So if u lose it u have to buy the variety pack (only found in select locations)

While the rest of us can buy the low end sony earphones, if they dunhave the variety pack. Which are found basically everywhere. Those sony ex 10$ ones.

Something i du get is thst sometimes (a lot of the time the sony variety pack cost the same as the 10$ Sony earphones) u get the tips plus a earphone! (Its my gym earphone, so if it dies its not a sob story. I cant use the gr07 in the gym, i freaked out i tugged on it twice today, both light to medium force tugs.

In my mind i was like nooo they stop making these!!! Dont break on me!!!

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #6,131 of 7,982
The Sony tips are fatter and flatter than the gr07 stock tips, but the green hybrids roughly correspond to the mediums and the orange to the smalls. Hybrids are plenty soft, so they seal very well although there's less variety of sizes.
As for getting only the size you want, I went to the Sony service center in Singapore to order them from Sony spare parts. Try this? http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #6,132 of 7,982
The Sony tips are fatter and flatter than the gr07 stock tips, but the green hybrids roughly correspond to the mediums and the orange to the smalls. Hybrids are plenty soft, so they seal very well although there's less variety of sizes.
As for getting only the size you want, I went to the Sony service center in Singapore to order them from Sony spare parts. Try this? http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl

The sucky thing with Sony is half of their products aren't available in Canada. The online Canadian Sony Store doesn't even have tips. Amazon Canada does have a 3rd party listing of 12 m. hydrids (6 pairs), but I have to wonder if they're real - from what I hear there are plenty of fakes on ebay. Maybe somebody else can vouch for them: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B00D4DQDYC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new.

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #6,134 of 7,982
  the one in singapore doesnt have ear tips either. just call up and ask for spare parts?

I guess that is a possibility. Just got the phones and haven't entirely committed to using hybrids so dunno if I really want to put in much effort (I am a lazy, lazy man
biggrin.gif
). If I got some of the hybrids to try out first it might be a different story (i'm one of those people that got short-changed). I'll probably just get a multi-pack off amazon to try once the complys reach the end of their life. If they work as well or better, then I'll be willing to search more.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #6,135 of 7,982
yea it isnt a bad thing having a whole set of sizes to find the perfect fit once anw.. have fun with the phones!
besides judging based on comfort and subjectively how the music sounds, i use this when testing the seal of ear tips: http://www.sensaphonics.com/test

Users who are viewing this thread

Back