VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #6,106 of 7,982
Hi guys,

The cable of my Shure SE530 is starting to crack so I'm in the market for a new pair of (relatively affordable) IEMs. I already have a great full-size headphone, so I don't want to go all out on IEMs in terms of price.

Is any of you familiar with the Shure SE530 and how would those compare to the GR07/GR07BE?

Thanks!

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #6,107 of 7,982
mind sharing the included accessories that are being included with the current batch being shipped?
Thx.

Here is the email from them:

Dear Sir,

Thank you purchasing from us. The batch of GR07 Bass that you are purchasing is the last batch that was fresh out of the factory before the workers left for their long Chinese New Year holiday. When we were inspecting the stocks, we found out that the workers had left out the 10 colored tips that comes with the GR07 Bass. Based on our based dealings with Vsonic, we had spares to cover the missing tips.

However, for the silicon tips that comes with foam inside, we only had the older version that is the same as the new version except that it is black instead of colored. Hence, I am writing to ask if we could replace it with the older set of tips? I am sorry about this.

Regards,

Lend Me UR ears

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #6,108 of 7,982
Here is the email from them:

[COLOR=222222]Dear Sir,[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Thank you purchasing from us. The batch of GR07 Bass that you are purchasing is the last batch that was fresh out of the factory before the workers left for their long Chinese New Year holiday. When we were inspecting the stocks, we found out that the workers had left out the 10 colored tips that comes with the GR07 Bass. Based on our based dealings with Vsonic, we had spares to cover the missing tips.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]However, for the silicon tips that comes with foam inside, we only had the older version that is the same as the new version except that it is black instead of colored. Hence, I am writing to ask if we could replace it with the older set of tips? I am sorry about this.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Regards,[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Lend Me UR ears[/COLOR]

looks like you getting the same kind of new tips(hybrids) but just black in color than multi........TY for the response.

And also, it seems that, its not a standard accessories now with current batch but some QA fault in the production run.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #6,110 of 7,982
Looks like lendmeurears are out of the all gr07 mkii and the  BE forever I suppose. 
frown.gif

beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #6,111 of 7,982
Looks like lendmeurears are out of the all gr07 mkii and the  BE forever I suppose. :frowning2:

:beerchug:

I wonder if the street price will fluctuate on the FS Section now. I should of kept a pair to be honest. They were a unquie sounding dynamic.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #6,112 of 7,982
I got one of the last BE. It will be here in a few days. I wish that I had also got the regular edition as well. I've had some great times listening to music with both of those. And NOTHING has ever fit my ears better!!

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #6,113 of 7,982
I got one of the last BE. It will be here in a few days. I wish that I had also got the regular edition as well. I've had some great times listening to music with both of those. And NOTHING has ever fit my ears better!!

Lucky you! I never tried the BE. There are a few albums I vividly remember playing GR07 MKII with my Cowon S9, such a natural timbre and specific vibe they had with low volumes late at night. And I'm sure many of us have fond memorys nurturing them to 250 hours. (I know I do) :p

They rip up techno and EDM pretty good too. Really versatile hardcore dynamic based IEM.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #6,114 of 7,982
They were just wonderful IMO. I remember my jaw dropping at how well the gr07 mkII was able to render deep bass notes. Nothing loose or muddy, but dayum could it hit some nice notes!!

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #6,115 of 7,982
They were just wonderful IMO. I remember my jaw dropping at how well the gr07 mkII was able to render deep bass notes. Nothing loose or muddy, but dayum could it hit some nice notes!!

And the guitar crunch for rock metal! Good speed on the low end. I remember amping them from Cowon D2 headphone out playing some metal album (I forget). I turned them up pretty loud eh, they just didn't distort. It's probably logged in this thread many many pages back.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #6,119 of 7,982
A seller on Amazon, called Esther International, has some mkII's in stock. I nearly purchased from them, and when I contacted them inquiring about whether these were the new or old gr07's, they said they were the old ones, and that the new ones would come into their inventory on the 15th. So if you really want one, hit them up. That is the only retail store I know that still sells the mkII's old version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back