VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #6,151 of 7,982
  Just got my pair of MK2 yesterday and so far one thing has been really bothering me. The treble on these is insanely harsh and noisy, almost to the point where it's just noise. The cymbals and hi-hats are like lightning bolts. I heard they require at least a 100 hours of burn-in before they "even out" and come into their sound. Is it true or have i just got some kind of faulty build?

The composition of the drivers in this iem REQUIRE that you burn them in for a considerable amount of time. People can argue all they want about other iem's and hp's with regard to burn, BUT the bioceluse material in this iem need about a weeks burn in time or 200 hours. The are a completely different hp after that. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #6,153 of 7,982
^^ It will for certain. Put your dap of repeat, adjust the volume to about 70% and leave them for a week. I think that you'll be impressed with the results. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #6,154 of 7,982
  but a few days ago i was fooling around and tried on the  i had to use the biggest tip in the box (the purple LL) and i turned the nozzle upwards toward the front

Time to dig the purple tips out of the drawer....

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #6,155 of 7,982

i got mines used so i can't say how much they have been listened to before me. but this iem in particular is very different in terms of fit. i had mines over maybe 6 months, now and it was only a few days ago i really unlocked the full potential of these guys. before i used the medium sony hybrids on these and the sky blue hybrids that the gr07 provides both were really good, at least at the time. i

but a few days ago i was fooling around and tried on the  i had to use the biggest tip in the box (the purple LL) and i turned the nozzle upwards toward the front

wow immediately the sound stage was vast before, the placement of instruments and the beeps and bloops in electronic music were more precise the treble extends soo  soo far now, but no harshness and was not as thin as before. it has a very sparkly treble, the bass toned down but tightened and extends very low and is still as fast as ever and the mids were perfectly intergrated, without any midbass bleed (i think it suffered a bit with medium tips) i have never heard of any iem that sounds as good as these. 

overall they cover the entire sound spectrum so well and so well balanced but with the right amount of speed in the bass emphasis and treble emphasis to prevent them from sounding too clinical or overly analytical, splashing some fun element to it. 

My iem journey has come to an end with the gr07 be. the only thing that can change this is if i get the mk2. (which would only be used as a backup in the event my be dies) but even if the be dies, i will sent them to btg audio to get recabled. i will not be without my gr07 be as my iem of choice from this day forth

I have the BE editions as well and I am trying to get that perfect seal.  Currently using the medium sony hybrids, is there no way I can achieve this with them?  It feels like a perfect fit to me but you got me thinking if I am missing out on something haha.

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #6,156 of 7,982

I have the BE editions as well and I am trying to get that perfect seal.  Currently using the medium sony hybrids, is there no way I can achieve this with them?  It feels like a perfect fit to me but you got me thinking if I am missing out on something haha.

i wouldn't say so everyone's ears are different, maybe the mediums do work for you but definitely try them all, and you'll have to find your angle for the nozzle. 

i tried many times i had the nozzle pointing towards, straight  then slightly up now its sharply upwards towards the front

i thought the sound was great before but now with the largest tips, its awe- inspiring, everything is supremely well separated but at the same time creates a very vivid sound stage in and outside of my head its amazing. plus i personally favour clarity> bass so losing some of that bass for better imaging, separation and treble extension plus the subbass extension is already great and losing some of that mid bass allows it to shine.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #6,157 of 7,982
Hi everybody! I am interested in these headphones and want to buy them, but the lack of a remote with at least a pause button, preferably volume controls, is bothering me. Is there any way to get it recabled or rewired to include a remote, and if so, how much would something like that cost?
Thanks,
Ryan

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #6,158 of 7,982
I am in the same boat and am looking around to see if any company can mod them to have an MMXC connector, because the Shure mic cable has an awesome mic.

Supposedly the forthcoming VSD7 will have a replaceable cable and similar sound, but VSONIC is slacking on the release.
Hi everybody! I am interested in these headphones and want to buy them, but the lack of a remote with at least a pause button, preferably volume controls, is bothering me. Is there any way to get it recabled or rewired to include a remote, and if so, how much would something like that cost?
Thanks,
Ryan

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #6,159 of 7,982
I am in the same boat and am looking around to see if any company can mod them to have an MMXC connector, because the Shure mic cable has an awesome mic.

Supposedly the forthcoming VSD7 will have a replaceable cable and similar sound, but VSONIC is slacking on the release.

that would be nice lol, this is the first time i heard about this

that would make my gro7 almost immortal! wow i'm liking that idea but i don't think its feasible tbh the connector would stick out of the housing too much i don't think it would be anything close to how the shure ones looks like plus the gr07 has what a 11-14mm driver size, i don't think any even the shure 535 take up the same width

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #6,161 of 7,982
Well, I just got these.

Is it really TWO WHOLE WEEKS for a proper burn-in? And I was hoping to start to enjoy these within a few days of my purchase ):

I got these about an hour ago. They sound just about as good as my S4i's right now (the highs on the GR07 are a bit weird, they make me cringe - the tone is right but it seems like there's a really small scratchy hint in the highs) with a bit more bass... I hope that improves with burn-in!

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #6,162 of 7,982
  Well, I just got these.

Is it really TWO WHOLE WEEKS for a proper burn-in? And I was hoping to start to enjoy these within a few days of my purchase ):

I got these about an hour ago. They sound just about as good as my S4i's right now (the highs on the GR07 are a bit weird, they make me cringe - the tone is right but it seems like there's a really small scratchy hint in the highs) with a bit more bass... I hope that improves with burn-in!

That's sibilance and it goes way after burn in for most. Just try and keep listening to them and keep playing them overnight as much as you can. I was cringing at the start also,but they are now my favourite IEM

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #6,163 of 7,982
That's sibilance and it goes way after burn in for most. Just try and keep listening to them and keep playing them overnight as much as you can. I was cringing at the start also,but they are now my favourite IEM

I see. At what volume should I burn them in? And for how long? I haven't found anything on burn in volume yet... :frowning2: some people say at your listening volume +15%, others say +50% or +100%... What is the right answer? O.o

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #6,164 of 7,982
I see. At what volume should I burn them in? And for how long? I haven't found anything on burn in volume yet... :frowning2: some people say at your listening volume +15%, others say +50% or +100%... What is the right answer? O.o

I did it with some bass heavy music at a volume that's a bit louder than I could stand. Not sure what the right answer is but it worked for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back