VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #4,876 of 7,982
Quote:
I know, I'm taking the piss a bit. I am absolutely guilty of making a sweeping generalisation, but I will check out Shpongle who many have mentioned to see what the fuss is about. I do enjoy Kid A which has a lot of blips and beeps, etc. EDM is still ear-rape to me, like R2D2 having a seizure or something.

There are so many different types of EDM, dismissing it as a genre is to just dismiss some potentially great music. Glad you are at least prepared to check some of it out 
cool.gif

I am largely a rock/metal head, but there are some specific types of EDM I also enjoy, in the same way as I like something like Jonny Cash but don't particularly like Country music as a whole 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #4,878 of 7,982
I need a extension cable to add to the gr07 stock cable for some extra length for desktop listening. Can someone direct me on some possibilities for this? I would need about three extra feet.

thanks...

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #4,881 of 7,982
Originally Posted by MattTCG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need a extension cable to add to the gr07 stock cable for some extra length for desktop listening. Can someone direct me on some possibilities for this? I would need about three extra feet.

thanks...

Monoprice.

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #4,883 of 7,982
Feb 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #4,885 of 7,982
I think this is interesting to post here:

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that Brian finished my GR07s. This was his first undertaking of a GR07 recable, and I think that he did a very professional job. They sound perfect, and look great!

Just a little shout out to Brian at BTG-Audio, I highly recommend. He communicated with me through the entire process, and when he was done, I got a picture and a tracking number.

Here they are:
Gr07.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!!!

Originally posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/642081/vsonic-gr-07-recable/15#post_9121109

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #4,888 of 7,982
After months of usage with my mk1, I still think their sound sig is leaning more towards 'fun sound' rather than neutral. They have a slightly dominant bass (although it is fast and clean), and slighly scooped mids that makes distorted guitar oriented music less enjoyable to me. What I currently have that I consider neutral is the DT 1350. Some says their sound sigs are very close to each other but I really have to disagree. They may share the delicious sub-bass they both posses, but I think the DT 1350, although it extends lower, has a more neutral response. It has clean mids that I always miss on my GR07s. It's unnescessary to state the obvious details that the two is not in the same league to be compared. Just wanted to share that the GR07s (mk1 v.2) are not very neutral for my preference. But as many believe (I believe no one will disageee), they're one of the best out there when it comes to value:performance ratio.

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #4,889 of 7,982
I don't think the Beyer and GR07 sounds alike at all too. The Beyer has better transparency and clarity but has a trade off in its slightly artificial sounding treble. Something sounds off and dry between the mids and treble. The GR07 doesn't have that problem but tends to be more sibilant. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #4,890 of 7,982
Quote:
After months of usage with my mk1, I still think their sound sig is leaning more towards 'fun sound' rather than neutral. They have a slightly dominant bass (although it is fast and clean), and slighly scooped mids that makes distorted guitar oriented music less enjoyable to me. What I currently have that I consider neutral is the DT 1350. Some says their sound sigs are very close to each other but I really have to disagree. They may share the delicious sub-bass they both posses, but I think the DT 1350, although it extends lower, has a more neutral response. It has clean mids that I always miss on my GR07s. It's unnescessary to state the obvious details that the two is not in the same league to be compared. Just wanted to share that the GR07s (mk1 v.2) are not very neutral for my preference. But as many believe (I believe no one will disageee), they're one of the best out there when it comes to value:performance ratio.

I can't speak to the DT1350's but don't disagree that the mids on the GR07 fall just short of ideal.  Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like these IEMs, but I've probably been spoiled by the forward, silky mids of SE530's and SM3's. (But those are $400 range IEMs.) That said, I would not call the GR07 mids "recessed" by any means.  I find that overall sound sig to be pretty close to flat.  But the mids just aren't quite as forward as I'm used to.  But I will say, dollar for dollar, I've never heard a better IEM than GR07!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back