VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #4,846 of 7,982
haha what do you mean by that ? whats there to know about using IEMS?
 the burn in ?  i have to turn the volume  to 75 % to  get a good sound and with my 20 dollar sonys 50% volume is  just fine  . 
if straight  out of the box i dont like them  ..then  i most likely wont

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #4,847 of 7,982
haha what do you mean by that ? whats there to know about using IEMS?
 the burn in ?  i have to turn the volume  to 75 % to  get a good sound and with my 20 dollar sonys 50% volume is  just fine  . 
if straight  out of the box i dont like them  ..then  i most likely wont

If you take some time to understand the IEM, you will see through what you're hearing. GR07 will not wow you straight away it is a stage monitor, this happens often when people buy GR07. You need to know what to listen for. for example, which one sounds more natural? which one sounds best with percussion?. which one has better separation of instruments? if you're in it for the bass then look elsewhere. Something your $20 Sony's probably have gobs of. You need to adjust, your mind is used to the Sony sound.

You need to learn the IEM and not rush, even I made to quick a judgment on a recent purchase, and when you change your mind because you spoke to soon, you will feel silly if you want to come back and praise the GR07. :p

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #4,848 of 7,982
My gr07 out of the box was fantastic and only gets better. These are actually easy to drive. I have to turn up my Sony mh1c higher than the gr07 in order to get the same output. The sound you are saying you are getting even straight out of the box is not consistent with what everyone else is hearing so you may have something wrong with your set.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #4,851 of 7,982
If you look at his headphone inventory he has been using XB500 at some time.

I couldn't think of a more different sound between two headphone / earphones. I doubt there is anything wrong with the IEM or the new owner. Merely a very different sound from an IEM that forms many varying expectations in general.

I think at first when I got GR07 I didn't really see the full potential, there was a moment I thought this is it? this is the big GR07 sound? though in time (not much time) we become good friends. You bond together during the course of 250 - 300 hours burn in. Like looking after a new born. :p

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #4,852 of 7,982
I think at first when I got GR07 I didn't really see the full potential, there was a moment I thought this is it? this is the big GR07 sound? though in time (not much time) we become good friends. You bond together during the course of 250 - 300 hours burn in. Like looking after a new born. :p

LMAO only a father understands that :)

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #4,854 of 7,982
Quote:
Also,

Sounds fantastic through the GR07 BEs - High Speed!!
Quote:

Word.  Love the atmospheric feel.. good test to see how clean the GR07's bass can hit too.  Another one of my favorite beats here.  Crisp, clean snare hits, spacious, synth heavy production.. I dig the way it 'unfolds' .. my only gripe?  It's too short!

GR07 nice and tight with good bass
Quote:
GR07 lovers.. bump this tight track for me.. love how it sounds on my HE-400.. bet it'll sound pretty sublime on the GR07, too.

Could of subs in my ears but the clicks are nice and crisp as well.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #4,855 of 7,982
Quote:
I'm not even sure he knows how to change the tips on an iem.

If your $20 sony iems make you happy, stick with them.

foolish person of course i know how to change the tips and tried different tips too.. but my 20 dollar sonys   do sound better.  i hear all the details in the sonys( i got good ears)
tongue_smile.gif

i will just send them back. i wanted  something to blow my mind but these vsonic didnt do anything  maybe i will try the sennheiser IE8
AND  it looks like the vsonic had been used before  the box was dirty and the authenticity logo in the back had been scratched

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #4,856 of 7,982
Quote:
foolish person of course i know how to change the tips and tried different tips too.. but my 20 dollar sonys   do sound better.  i hear all the details in the sonys( i got good ears)
tongue_smile.gif

i will just send them back. i wanted  something to blow my mind but these vsonic didnt do anything  maybe i will try the sennheiser IE8
AND  it looks like the vsonic had been used before  the box was dirty and the authenticity logo in the back had been scratched

Yeah I'm sure you hear the same details with a 15 dB bass boost.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #4,857 of 7,982
He loves his bass so guys don't bash on this poor fella....I once was like him(2 years ago), but slowy my taste has change for basshead to treble head to mid head and now totalhead....if he is a real audiophile like use he would learn to appreciate the techinical abitily of the gr07... bio-cellulose plus silver equal epic sound combo and that is why I am a huge fan of the gr07. I have all three gr07 varient( mk1,bass ed.,and mk2), the mk2 being my newest member to my collection. I got them today and the only thing I can say is that they are high transperent and linear out of the box....it really creeps me out to think how they'll sound after 500hrs or so....so long story short , enjoy what you have because once its gone it will be hard to forget it. :D

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #4,858 of 7,982
Quote:
If you look at his headphone inventory he has been using XB500 at some time.

I couldn't think of a more different sound between two headphone / earphones. I doubt there is anything wrong with the IEM or the new owner. Merely a very different sound from an IEM that forms many varying expectations in general.

I think at first when I got GR07 I didn't really see the full potential, there was a moment I thought this is it? this is the big GR07 sound? though in time (not much time) we become good friends. You bond together during the course of 250 - 300 hours burn in. Like looking after a new born.
tongue.gif

Yes I can so relate to this, I didn't really love my GR07 until about 6 months or so of ownership, with regular usage...

Just like a baby, you got stressed during the baby's first 3-4 months, but as your baby get to 6 months old onwards, when the baby learn to laugh, smile, responds to your gestures and so on, your love will grow and grow...

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #4,859 of 7,982
Quote:
tongue_smile.gif

Go and read up on JVC FXZ100 mate, I am sure that you will love them, if you like your bass...

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #4,860 of 7,982
Yes I can so relate to this, I didn't really love my GR07 until about 6 months or so of ownership, with regular usage...

Just like a baby, you got stressed during the baby's first 3-4 months, but as your baby get to 6 months old onwards, when the baby learn to laugh, smile, responds to your gestures and so on, your love will grow and grow...

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back