Vsonic GR06 Review
Mar 15, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #61 of 385
Well, either I accidentally my GR06 or idk.. Initially I didn't notice any sibilance, but now I do. I listen to them from my iPod Touch 4G with the volume bar at around 40%. It's kind of reminding me of my GR07s pre-burn in. 
frown.gif

Nonetheless I must say that these are of amazing value. When I first received them and compared against my GR07, like what Mark said, sound like they just cannot be a (a little bit less than a) third of the price of the GR07.. 
ph34r.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #62 of 385

Quote:
Would these suit a pure consumer oriented playlist? I have some soundmagic e10's that are in the same price range as these. Are the 06 in a different league?

The E10's have more bass presence, but the GR06 has more thickness and musicality in the mids. Either will fit your playlist, it's just a matter of if you want more bass (E10) or midrange (GR06).

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #63 of 385

Quote:
The E10's have more bass presence, but the GR06 has more thickness and musicality in the mids. Either will fit your playlist, it's just a matter of if you want more bass (E10) or midrange (GR06).

No i mean in what ways is the 06 better than the E10. Does it pick up more detail, are the vocals more forward and sparkly. What for example makes the 07 so much better than the E10's, and does the 06 share any of those advantages. 

I do like bass, but the E10 is very boring to me, and the presentation just feels miniscule. I had the fischer consonance and enjoy them a lot more.

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #64 of 385

Quote:
Congrats on making front page....!

But just wondering, what would be the GR06's ideal music genre?
Would hip-hop/rap/pop work well?
Is there sufficient bass for techno/dubstep/electronica?
Or is it more of a classical, rock type of IEM?

front page, yey!

hmm wouldnt say ideal, they are bit warmish and rich but certainly they have the low end output do deal fine with it.  its pretty versitile so should cope just fine with whatever you want to throw at it.  itll add a warm tint though.

Quote:
One small question mark, are those Hybrid tips? They look exactly like, both in shape and colors, and I know when you buy a Sony Hybrid pack you get a gazillion pairs, which would explain that silicone avalanche. It's just that the price would almost justify the tips, and if I get a GR06 extra (notice my awesome priorities) even better.

Also, if they aren't, since they really seem like clones, can you comment on their internal diameter? Most dynamic IEMs use 5mm I think. If you could just put them side-to-side with some other normal dynamic IEM's tips, Sennheiser or NuForce for example, I would really appreciate it.

And great review. I don't think these are for me, but you got me intrigued on the GR07.

yeay they look like hybrids.  lol i dont recall what i was using but pretty sure it was them.  it is a rather impressive tip bundle.  now if they are real hybrids or pretend i couldnt tell you, ive had a variety of pretend ones and mostly you cant really tell them much appart from real ones.  the realy ones are always neat and nicely finished whereas the pretend ones just usually are.  internal diameter is the same for both, not quite full sized UE but they stretch so fit on anything thing larger than the narrow Shure size.

oh and i have the GR07 Review floating arround on here somewhere, actually here it is http://www.head-fi.org/t/552618/vsonic-gr07-review-r07

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #65 of 385

Quote:
yeay they look like hybrids.  lol i dont recall what i was using but pretty sure it was them.  it is a rather impressive tip bundle.  now if they are real hybrids or pretend i couldnt tell you, ive had a variety of pretend ones and mostly you cant really tell them much appart from real ones.  the realy ones are always neat and nicely finished whereas the pretend ones just usually are.  internal diameter is the same for both, not quite full sized UE but they stretch so fit on anything thing larger than the narrow Shure size.

oh and i have the GR07 Review floating arround on here somewhere, actually here it is http://www.head-fi.org/t/552618/vsonic-gr07-review-r07

Thanks, I needed an excuse to not read my college stuff 
etysmile.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #66 of 385
Where is the best place to purchase Vsonic IEMs?  It looks like on eBay they ship from Hong Kong?  Is this a reliable place to purchase?

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #70 of 385

Quote:
Where is the best place to purchase Vsonic IEMs?  It looks like on eBay they ship from Hong Kong?  Is this a reliable place to purchase?

Lend me UR Ears is also good for Vsonic IEMs and they have really good international shipping rates out of Singapore.  They also have a new warehouse in the US so if you are a US buyer which, I assume you are showing Seattle, might get what you are looking for right from this warehouse.  Here is a link right to the Vsonic listings for them.

http://lendmeurears.com/index.php?cPath=13

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #73 of 385

Quote:
"Liz Hurly in Bedazzled to Devine Brown in her mug shot photo" - best simile of the year, hands down.

thank you

Quote:
Would you say they are good for running or for the gym ?

well that really depends on what you want from a gym IEM.  personally i think for running you should want no isolation for safety reasons.  for inside yeah should be good and sturdy.

Quote:
You've really caught my interest with this review... now I'm torn apart between GR06 and adding a bit $ to used Audeo PFE 111(for around 75$). Any idea how these would compare?

never yet heard the pfe but you realise they are likely to be very different sounds?

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #74 of 385

Quote:
never yet heard the pfe but you realise they are likely to be very different sounds?

Yes, I realize that. I'm searching for new good iems, since my akg k370 are slowly getting old, and sunrise xcited I bought recently totally didn't match my preferences, I now look for new daily iems. I thought about fa eternas, but those have V characteristic like xcited - and I like good, forward midrange. I read very good reviews about audeo, they also have those sound-changing filters to experiment.. but I'm not really sure about BA, I tried them before, but I somehow couldn't get myself to like this sound. So I was happy to read about those GR06 - mid-centric as i like, dynamic as i like, over the ear as i like, great sound for the price, as i like... looks like perfect iems for me.
I'm just exploring other options to be sure I use my limited funds as well as I could.

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #75 of 385
Mark, I recall you liked the IE7 quite a bit a while back.  Maybe you still do.  

I'm curious about what your thoughts are on how the GR06 is compared to the IE7.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back