Vsonic GR06 Review
Feb 21, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #46 of 385

Quote:
I really wanted to fix my xcape ie and compare the two but i'm having the hardest time repairing them myself and getting no answer from head-fi for my problem here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/593788/xcape-ie-6-wires-in-headphone-cable#post_8164170 among other problems like soldering really tiny wires.

out of box the vsonic's treble is so incredibly harsh. almost rediculously. it might just be because I've been only using a T50RP but I don't think I've heard headphones with this much sibilance. Did you notice this too and did it clear up with burn-in? or am i just crazy lol. it has nice bass though and ok mids. just upper mid and treble is bothering me like crazy.

Are you sure you didn't buy the GR07 lol?  I've never heard sibilance with these and I'm quite sensitive to that.  Are you sure you are getting a good seal?  Are you using EQ?

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #47 of 385

Quote:
Are you sure you didn't buy the GR07 lol?  I've never heard sibilance with these and I'm quite sensitive to that.  Are you sure you are getting a good seal?  Are you using EQ?

trying some different tips helped a little. but its most likely me being crazy coming from planar magnetic cans. I haven't listened to iems in like a month and I forgot how different the sound was.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #49 of 385
i think the seal is fine. yea its just a more forward treble than my other headphones which were mid-centric. After more listening I think the treble is ok. I actually like the warmer bass and mids. I just wish the treble was pushed back a little. I never use an EQ but that might actually be a good idea.

Feb 21, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #50 of 385
It's weird how different people experience the same thing...what makes this forum interesting I guess.  There is always the possibility that your inner ear is creating a resonance at a particular frequency, everyones does apparently and can be quite different.  Different tips with different insertion depths can change this, have a play....certainly no shortage of tips!

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #52 of 385
Can someone compare the gr06 to the shure se215 

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #53 of 385
I was left very impressed by the GR06 after listening to them in a recent meet. Sure, they're not as technically capable as my GR07 but they make up for it in fun factor with a great midrange tonality. An awesome value for the price!

Mar 12, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #54 of 385
Excellent review Mark.  I also just read your review on the Hisound Crystals from September of last year which is also a great read.  I know it's been awhile on the Crystals but how would you side in a GR06 vs. Crystals match-up as both are going for around the $60 dollar mark?  Listening to the likes of Linkin Park, Breaking Benjaminn, Red, Skillet, Papa Roach, Flyleaf, Paramore, etc..  Seems like the Crystals would have more bass power to them but how much so over the GR06's?  I'm interested in a "fun" and non-fatiguing sound that I can listen to for hours that wont leave me underwhelmed.  I was looking at the GR07 as well but I am not really sure if I want to jump to over double the price unless it really has more of what I am looking for than a sub-$100 IEM does.  The GR07 is highly regarded by you and Joker to name a couple so I am thinking that the GR06 wouldn't be all that far off yet it is 1/2 to 1/3 less the price.  My Klipsch S4's just broke on me and I wasn't all that happy with them to begin with but before that I had a set of Shure E3c's and E2c's (destroyed and stolen) and they were quite nice.  Source is an iPhone 4 un-amped 320K or lossless audio.

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #56 of 385
had a longer reply but its now lost to the ether.

so 60 is great for the crystals but if you can go for the 7 as they are fantastic.  its not something you will regret.  tbh all three are good thouugh.

Hate it when that happens! I lost a 72 minute podcast upload to a BSOD before it saved and the file was eaten so I feel your pain. Anyhow, thanks for your feedback.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #57 of 385
One small question mark, are those Hybrid tips? They look exactly like, both in shape and colors, and I know when you buy a Sony Hybrid pack you get a gazillion pairs, which would explain that silicone avalanche. It's just that the price would almost justify the tips, and if I get a GR06 extra (notice my awesome priorities) even better.

Also, if they aren't, since they really seem like clones, can you comment on their internal diameter? Most dynamic IEMs use 5mm I think. If you could just put them side-to-side with some other normal dynamic IEM's tips, Sennheiser or NuForce for example, I would really appreciate it.

And great review. I don't think these are for me, but you got me intrigued on the GR07.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #58 of 385
Congrats on making front page....!

But just wondering, what would be the GR06's ideal music genre?
Would hip-hop/rap/pop work well?
Is there sufficient bass for techno/dubstep/electronica?
Or is it more of a classical, rock type of IEM?

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #59 of 385
Would these suit a pure consumer oriented playlist? I have some soundmagic e10's that are in the same price range as these. Are the 06 in a different league?

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #60 of 385
Yes, big congrats on making the front page! Hopefully these will get the attention they deserve.....mind you current availability could be better!
I'm currently working in China for 2 weeks and will be on the search for some great IEM's they manufacture.  I would almost put the GR06 up there with the MP8320 in terms of value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back