VSONIC Focus 007 - The world's first planar-magnetic IEM - Info & expectations thread
Aug 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #46 of 86
Any new info about 007? Price, release date, some pictures?

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #47 of 86
Any news about this product? Anyone?

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #49 of 86
Quote:
Any news about this product? Anyone?

Nothing new so far. These should be on R&D process at VSONIC's skunkworks. The next model in line to be launched by VSONIC is the GR08 hybrid model due to December. My guess is that these Focus 007 will be launched in mid 2013 at best...

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #50 of 86
Any inkling at all as to what they are likely to cost? Any rumours?

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #52 of 86
Kinda lost my interest for 007 with news about Cosmic Ears. Especially when I saw their price list. Jumped on Flex single driver model. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #53 of 86
Quote:
Kinda lost my interest for 007 with news about Cosmic Ears. Especially when I saw their price list. Jumped on Flex single driver model. 

I don't think these two will be in the same league in terms of sound...

this 007 has also peaked my interest - if it turns out to be good, I'll go for it as my expensive iem :D

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #54 of 86
So it is likely to be priced above the GR08, then.....

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #55 of 86
Quote:
So it is likely to be priced above the GR08, then.....

Well, it features a kind of technology that's new to the IEM world, so just for that they may be expensive. Also, it's R&D costs should be a lot more than on the GR08, which uses more common and available technology...

Here's a thought... I just remembered that a while ago, a lot before the announcement of the Focus 007 model, VSONIC's CEO announced that they would develop a flagship IEM to showcase their ability as a manufacturer and to serve as a technologic and craftsmanship statement from VSONIC among the IEM realm. That flagship model would be produced in very low quantities and sold at an extremely high price. Now that I think of it and connect the dots, maybe he was already talking about about this Focus 007 then, and this will be that flagship model he announced back then!

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #56 of 86
Disclaimer: The above statement is just me trying to guess things about the Focus 007. I have no straight information from VSONIC, both official or unofficial, to support what I wrote above... 
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #57 of 86
Quote:

Well, it features a kind of technology that's new to the IEM world, so just for that they may be expensive. Also, it's R&D costs should be a lot more than on the GR08, which uses more common and available technology...

Here's a thought... I just remembered that a while ago, a lot before the announcement of the Focus 007 model, VSONIC's CEO announced that they would develop a flagship IEM to showcase their ability as a manufacturer and to serve as a technologic and craftsmanship statement from VSONIC among the IEM realm. That flagship model would be produced in very low quantities and sold at an extremely high price. Now that I think of it and connect the dots, maybe he was already talking about about this Focus 007 then, and this will be that flagship model he announced back then!

*Looks at wallet* ... 
frown.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #58 of 86
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above statement is just me trying to guess things about the Focus 007. I have no straight information from VSONIC, both official or unofficial, to support what I wrote above... 
biggrin.gif

You know what... you could be right... 
deadhorse.gif

Actually makes sense to me when you put it that was as well.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #59 of 86
Oct 28, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #60 of 86
Quote:
Vsonic officially denied the rumor:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=369646859773880&id=247713161967251

So maybe there was some confusion with:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/608934/vsonic-oxoo-limited-edition-flagship-info-expectations-thread

Or maybe their FB representative doesn't know, or tries to put the proverbial cat back into the proverbial bag. Who knows.

Well, one thing is for sure, this model was announced by VSONIC's CEO! I quoted his original announcement in chinese in the GR07 thread when he did it. I must look for that quote and post it here. Not sure what's happening on FB, or if the project was cancelled, or if they're just trying to put it back under the blanket...

But you're right, it's possible that the Focus 007 and OXOO were supposed to be the same thing. The OXOO was mentioned first by VSONIC's CEO, about it's target market, price and availability. After that, he never refered to OXOO again, and revelead details about the Focus 007. It makes some sense if they're the same model! We definitely need to "buy" an Head-Fi endorsed spy inside VSONIC... 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back