VentureCraft Go-Dap GD-04 for iPhone 4
Mar 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #151 of 161
hi anak chan or whoever that have this go-dap
i'm curious in what gain setting does yours is running at ?

i'm using V-moda M-100 and an ancient earbud, audiotechnica ath-cm7ti 
and i'm curious in what the proper gain setting for it ?
thank you.

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #152 of 161
hi anak chan or whoever that have this go-dap
i'm curious in what gain setting does yours is running at ?

i'm using V-moda M-100 and an ancient earbud, audiotechnica ath-cm7ti 
and i'm curious in what the proper gain setting for it ?

thank you.
I tend to run on high gain esp with my M-100. I crank up the vol quite a bit. The VAmp actually has more power than the Go-DAP so I don't crank that up as much.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #153 of 161
Sorry to be sounded so dumb but can you explain the difference between the hi and lo setting ?
I mean whats the pro,s amd cons?
Currently im on lo gain on my go dap and m100 and even in those setting i never really need full turn on the volume knob to get to the listening volume that im comfortable with.
So do i need to set it on hi?
And whats the pros and cons?
Perhaps a technical explanation on how this work?
Thank you, im so newbie in this kind of things, thanks once again

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #154 of 161
Ok so I am trying to decide on the Go Dap with the upgrades, or just getting a DX100.  I am just looking for the best sound for my JH 16-pro's.

I also considered just upgrading the JH 16 pro's to JH-3a's and using the iphone.  

Crazy there are so many options.

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #155 of 161
Quote:
Ok so I am trying to decide on the Go Dap with the upgrades, or just getting a DX100.  I am just looking for the best sound for my JH 16-pro's.

I also considered just upgrading the JH 16 pro's to JH-3a's and using the iphone.  

I think that decision may be easier than you think. Since you've posted in the GD-04 for iPhone 4 thread, presumably you mean the Go-DAP 4.0 and VentureCraft doesn't make those anymore. Nor will they have the upgrades that I talked about back in 2011.

So that leaves you with the DX100 option only unless you're open to other Go-DAP X or Go-DAP DD Socket 1, or other DAP options.

Sadly I've never owned JH products therefore can't comment on the synergy. However I've owned other IEMs of varying brands and have not found any to have bad synergy with the Go-DAP 4.0 (or X for that matter). Mind you though my 4.0s and Xs are upgraded.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #157 of 161
Quote:
Sorry to be sounded so dumb but can you explain the difference between the hi and lo setting ? these are just gain settings available on most amps
I mean whats the pro,s amd cons? depends on the phones you using.with low impedance sensitive iems you might get hiss on high setting and volume either go loud to quickly and the opposite for higher impedance full size cans.
Currently im on lo gain on my go dap and m100 and even in those setting i never really need full turn on the volume knob to get to the listening volume that im comfortable with.
So do i need to set it on hi? nope as long as your happy with the sound and volume control.
And whats the pros and cons? getting the right volume level as per your preference meaning quicker or slower.
Perhaps a technical explanation on how this work? no need to get technical on this, just experiment with it whichever you prefer using with your current phones than just stick with it.
Thank you, im so newbie in this kind of things, thanks once again

Words in Red are my answers.

Quote:

Quote:

I think that decision may be easier than you think. Since you've posted in the GD-04 for iPhone 4 thread, presumably you mean the Go-DAP 4.0 and VentureCraft doesn't make those anymore. Nor will they have the upgrades that I talked about back in 2011.

So that leaves you with the DX100 option only unless you're open to other Go-DAP X or Go-DAP DD Socket 1, or other DAP options.

Sadly I've never owned JH products therefore can't comment on the synergy. However I've owned other IEMs of varying brands and have not found any to have bad synergy with the Go-DAP 4.0 (or X for that matter). Mind you though my 4.0s and Xs are upgraded.

Actually they still have the white version(
OPA2134)​
 though they have stop production....might be the last unit or last few to clear(reason for the pricedrop to 185usd).They might not offer any upgrades but try emailing them(you never know) cause they have great customer service.IMHO you won't regret getting the Go-DAP unit 4.0(assuming that's what your referrring to) and the money saved by skipping the DX100 can be better spend on more music content or blow it all on the upgrade to JH-3a amp later since I'm guessing your loving the JH 16 pro and the JH-3a is really built for it but using it as a portable just negates whatever subtle differences in SQ unless your using it in a quiet room.

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #158 of 161
hi sorry to bump this "old thread" but just wondering if anyone here still uses go dap unit 4.0 ?
will it works with iphone 4s ios 7 ?
i want to upgrade my iOS but afraid that it might causes trouble with the go dap
thank you.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #160 of 161
Ehr33, the HP-P1 doesn't officially and actively charge the iDevice - it's more a side benefit trickle charging.

The Go-DAP 4.0 had an issue in the past that when iOS6 was released the 4.0 would charge all the time regardless of the amp vs I-amp setting. A firmware update by VentureCraft was needed to fix this issue.

I've not tried updating my 4S yet but it seems owners of the V-moda Vamp (pretty much the same thing as the Go-DAP 4.0) seems to work fine with iOS 7 - at least by the Vamp owners. As such I think there shouldn't be any problems with the Go-DAP 4.0 too.

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #161 of 161
Ehr33, the HP-P1 doesn't officially and actively charge the iDevice - it's more a side benefit trickle charging.

The Go-DAP 4.0 had an issue in the past that when iOS6 was released the 4.0 would charge all the time regardless of the amp vs I-amp setting. A firmware update by VentureCraft was needed to fix this issue.

I've not tried updating my 4S yet but it seems owners of the V-moda Vamp (pretty much the same thing as the Go-DAP 4.0) seems to work fine with iOS 7 - at least by the Vamp owners. As such I think there shouldn't be any problems with the Go-DAP 4.0 too.

Both the VAMP and Unit 4.0 now uses firmware 2.0.1 and it is fine with iOS7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back