VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Oct 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #496 of 507
So today in Ochanomizu, Tokyo there was a tube festival. Really more for home speaker setup but there were a couple of desks for headphones. VentureCraft was naturally there. They've got a prototype enlarged Go-DAP TT with a (I think!!) a Electro Harmonix 12AX7 in it. Here are some pix with a comparison of the standard Go-DAP TT :-

Note that there're actually some padded soles so it's raised

These are the tube offerings 

And thought I'd show a pix of the V-Moda's Lightning cable next to VentureCraft's

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #499 of 507
So far this is just a prototype or proof of concept even. It may never make it to production. However if there's sufficient interest, VentureCraft may make a few of these. Unfortunately, I didn't try it myself (well as you can see from the pix it's disconnected from the battery). I didn't wanna bother the VC staff on hooking it back up for testing.

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #501 of 507
hello guys I got my venturecraft go dap x and it has 2 bottoms one for 3d and the other bottom for bass boost

when I press bass boost it show the lights of the battery, how do u change the bass boost, how can I know if it on or off

i can't find the manual for the venturecraft  go dap x, can someone explain how it works with iOS and android and what the switches mean, and why when i press bass boost nothing happens

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #502 of 507
This will be testing my memory but I think the only way is to test & press & listen. The other is that I believe there's no memory retainer i.e. when you switch off & switch on, it defaults back to bass boost off.

Jul 5, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #503 of 507
This will be testing my memory but I think the only way is to test & press & listen. The other is that I believe there's no memory retainer i.e. when you switch off & switch on, it defaults back to bass boost off.

how come there is no manual online, I wish to know what all those switches are for, I know that isync is for iOS and usb dac is for android, but what about the other switches and I am until now not knowing how to operate the bass boast, that is so weird 

also is the go dap x the same as vamp verza as it looks kinda the same

please someone can you help in explaining what all the swtcihes mean and how to operate bass boost

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #504 of 507
  how come there is no manual online, I wish to know what all those switches are for, I know that isync is for iOS and usb dac is for android, but what about the other switches and I am until now not knowing how to operate the bass boast, that is so weird 

also is the go dap x the same as vamp verza as it looks kinda the same

please someone can you help in explaining what all the swtcihes mean and how to operate bass boost

Just tap it (the bass boost).

Use the VAmp Verza manual...it'll be applicable for the Go-DAP X too (& will be in English!!).

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #505 of 507

Just tap it (the bass boost).

Use the VAmp Verza manual...it'll be applicable for the Go-DAP X too (& will be in English!!).

when i tap it nothing happens, I am sure that to activate it there is something else to do

i am really surprised how come no manual for dap go x is available

someone if they bought it please explain to me what all the switches mean and how to activate bass boost

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #506 of 507
  when i tap it nothing happens, I am sure that to activate it there is something else to do

i am really surprised how come no manual for dap go x is available

someone if they bought it please explain to me what all the switches mean and how to activate bass boost

Did you try the VAmp Verza manual link I gave above though? It's the same for the Go-DAP X.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #507 of 507

quote:

Hi guys, long time forum lurker and first time poster here. I was wondering will there be any noticeable negative impacts on sound quality if I were to double amp the Go-Dap X Red(MUSES8920) with another portable amp such as the Tralucent T1. Am considering the T1 when I get enough funds for the 1plus2 in the near future but would also like to pair it (1plus2/T1 combo) with an iDevice DAC when I listen to it on the iPhone.

However my G- Dap X is the only iDAC that I own and if I am not mistaken it only works as a DAC/AMP combo, which means I can't turn the AMP off and use it as a dedicated DAC and also through reading and researching on the effects on double-amping, there are mixed theories and impressions on whether or not double-amping is a good idea. 

I am considering that if the Go-Dap X does not work well with double amping I might want to sell it and get a DD socket 1 instead. Will it be a good idea?

I welcome all sorts of suggestions and advices and I am sorry if I waste any of your time. I also apologise for my not so good English. 

Quote:
  Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet 
beerchug.gif

I'm sure you will get good answers to your questions.

So any updates on that questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back