Vape-Fi
May 21, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #1,142 of 3,183
I only have one juice I vape that isn't high in VG.

May 24, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,144 of 3,183
So let me get this straight. Voltage drop occurs during the life of a battery charge or just over the long term life of the battery in general?

Both. 

May 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #1,146 of 3,183
What are some good 100VG brands with good flavor? Most I've tried don't taste so good..

What have you tried? And why does it need to be 100VG?

May 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #1,147 of 3,183
Got a DarkHorse yesterday. The airflow on this thing is just stupid as are the post holes, you basically have to build those crazy instagram builds to be sure that you get a good connection. And the build quality couldn't be worse even if they tried, and no this is not a clone. I didn't pay full retail for it though so I'm not complaining.

May 27, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #1,148 of 3,183
What have you tried? And why does it need to be 100VG?

I suppose it doesn't have to. Maybe 80vg. Also whats a good coil build on a mech to chuck the clouds? keep trying parallel at around 0.2 and it just gives a too hot vape and slightly burns the juice (I'm sure it's not dry hits) I would do more wraps but my Freakshow Mini is too small to do anymore wraps with 24g

May 27, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,149 of 3,183
I suppose it doesn't have to. Maybe 80vg. Also whats a good coil build on a mech to chuck the clouds? keep trying parallel at around 0.2 and it just gives a too hot vape and slightly burns the juice (I'm sure it's not dry hits) I would do more wraps but my Freakshow Mini is too small to do anymore wraps with 24g

I'll just recommend VapeOholic juice then. 

Chucking clouds? .4 chucks clouds. .2 chucks clouds. 0.09 chucks clouds. It's about more/less density and pull length (1 sec compared to 5 sec). You could build on .8 and chuck with a series mod.

Again, what juice are you using? .2 shouldn't burn juice. Bump up to 26g then. Maybe try twisted builds. Parallel are warmer but .2 isn't hot, to me.
You may be more sensitive to heat, so it's hard to gauge a fool proof solution for you.

May 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,150 of 3,183
  Got a DarkHorse yesterday. The airflow on this thing is just stupid as are the post holes, you basically have to build those crazy instagram builds to be sure that you get a good connection. And the build quality couldn't be worse even if they tried, and no this is not a clone. I didn't pay full retail for it though so I'm not complaining.

There are so many who really like the Dark Horse.

May 27, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,151 of 3,183
I'll just recommend VapeOholic juice then. 

Chucking clouds? .4 chucks clouds. .2 chucks clouds. 0.09 chucks clouds. It's about more/less density and pull length (1 sec compared to 5 sec). You could build on .8 and chuck with a series mod.

Again, what juice are you using? .2 shouldn't burn juice. Bump up to 26g then. Maybe try twisted builds. Parallel are warmer but .2 isn't hot, to me.
You may be more sensitive to heat, so it's hard to gauge a fool proof solution for you.

Right now I'm using a brand called Cloudy collaborations. It was reccomened to me by a vape shop but I'm not really a fan of it.

May 27, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #1,152 of 3,183
Right now I'm using a brand called Cloudy collaborations. It was reccomened to me by a vape shop but I'm not really a fan of it.

Ha. I love Waitress and Astronaut! It's definitely not the juice. You need to check your wicking to make sure you're not choking the coil.
That is most likely your culprit. Could also be you have a hot spot.

May 27, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #1,153 of 3,183
Hm well it looks to heat evenly. For the cotton I'm using a thin piece maybe about an inch long that dips into the juice well. There's none covering the airflow either. It fits through the micro coil nice and snug. Should it be loose in there?

May 27, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,155 of 3,183
Hm well it looks to heat evenly. For the cotton I'm using a thin piece maybe about an inch long that dips into the juice well. There's none covering the airflow either. It fits through the micro coil nice and snug. Should it be loose in there?

You want full contact with the coil but you don't want it so tight as to choke your wick. 

In other words, a good way to gauge how snug is too snug is to try and pull a piece of wick through the coil without your mod moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back