Vape-Fi
May 19, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #1,127 of 3,183

I've always wanted to try the Volcano, as it's a classic that has stood up against the test of time, but I always wondered how much medicine you lose from the vape attaching to the inside of the bag, since it takes a little bit of time to fill (not sure how much time), instead of it going directing into your lungs.  

The Ascent is suppose to be an all glass airway/mouthpiece too.  Glass is definitely the way to go.  Better taste, and glass isn't reactive to chemicals (I don't think so at least, which is why it's used it labs), so there is no interactions with the vape/smoke, as compared to plastic, metal, etc.  

What portable one do you use now?

The folks that make the Volcano (Storz & Bickel) came out with some portables recently that blow the Ascent and Arizer Air away, they're called the Crafty and Mighty. edit: Just in case you haven't been keeping up
wink.gif

May 19, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #1,128 of 3,183

The folks that make the Volcano (Storz & Bickel) came out with some portables recently that blow the Ascent and Arizer Air away, they're called the Crafty and Mighty. edit: Just in case you haven't been keeping up
wink.gif

grokit!  There's my buddy!   Awesome hearing from yah, pal!  

And no, I haven't been keeping up.  I'm a year+ behind on all the vaporizer news.   

Storz & Bickel makes portables now!?!  Hell yeah!  What's the word about them on ****combustion?

Are they all glass pathway?  Oh, wow, I'm excited.  Gonna have to do some research.  Is all their stuff still made in Germany?  And did they ever make a new flagship home unit, or is the Volcano still their main one?  

Also, I'm purchasing the TH-900's and an O2 and ODAC today!  Finally, only took me two years of research, lol.  

BTW, what's your vape of choice nowadays (portable and home)?

May 19, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,129 of 3,183
  grokit!  There's my buddy!   Awesome hearing from yah, pal!  

And no, I haven't been keeping up.  I'm a year+ behind on all the vaporizer news.   

Storz & Bickel makes portables now!?!  Hell yeah!  What's the word about them on ****combustion?

Are they all glass pathway?  Oh, wow, I'm excited.  Gonna have to do some research.  Is all their stuff still made in Germany?  And did they ever make a new flagship home unit, or is the Volcano still their main one?  

Also, I'm purchasing the TH-900's and an O2 and ODAC today!  Finally, only took me two years of research, lol. 

BTW, what's your vape of choice nowadays (portable and home)?

Yes it's been a while for me over here, trying for some balance now
biggrin.gif

The pathway on the S&B portables is not glass, and they are pricier than you might imagine, but they extract very well and the taste is excellent. There is no learning curve as far as technique goes, so you can pass them around a group of combustors without any special instructions and they will be satisfied. The Crafty is the smaller one, it has one battery cell, a bluetooth radio for phone apps, and usb charging. The Mighty is larger with much better battery life, has an lcd screen for making adjustments on the fly, and needs a dedicated 9v charger.

I have a Crafty for my main portable right now, and I also still like the Firefly. I have very high hopes for the upcoming Grasshopper, which promises to be the first serious convection herbal pen vape. At home I rotate my Life Saber with a couple of weird ones: A Versa Infinity, which is an all-glass prototype kinda similar to an Evo that may never be put into production, and a highly-modified Sublimator v1 with their Apollo launch tube setup. I had an Evo for a while and really liked it for the most part, never did like their Easy-Load Bowls that much though.
beerchug.gif

edit: Congrats on the TH900s!

May 19, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #1,132 of 3,183
  paradox, off of your recommendation, i'm ordering 50ml of Kangaroo Punch from Texas Rebel.  it better be good!!
blink.gif

It takes time to steep! (3weeks at least.) I'd recommend Red Label(no steeping needed) if you're into any kind of limeade flavors.
But if you don't like KP. I'll happily take it off your hands. 
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,133 of 3,183
i've got time to steep.  i've got plenty of juice accumulated now.  i've got 30ml of freckled lemonade from mt baker.  i do enjoy it, so maybe i'll try the red label as well!  i just really wanted to try a custard/cream vape as i have not had anything close and it sounds appealing.  i've been rotating french toast in the morning, happy rancher or freckled lemonade during the day and black ice during the evenings. 

this weekend i did experience vaper's fatigue or vaper's tongue.  i didn't even know it was a real thing.  i was at a bbq vaping away......then i noticed i wasnt tasting the flavor.  i switched flavors and still couldnt taste the flavoring.  it just tasted dull.  so i googled "losing taste when vaping" and vapers tongue and fatigue came up.  pretty strange.  so i didn't vape at all sunday and last night i could taste the juice again, so that's a good sign. 

May 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,134 of 3,183
  i've got time to steep.  i've got plenty of juice accumulated now.  i've got 30ml of freckled lemonade from mt baker.  i do enjoy it, so maybe i'll try the red label as well!  i just really wanted to try a custard/cream vape as i have not had anything close and it sounds appealing.  i've been rotating french toast in the morning, happy rancher or freckled lemonade during the day and black ice during the evenings. 

this weekend i did experience vaper's fatigue or vaper's tongue.  i didn't even know it was a real thing.  i was at a bbq vaping away......then i noticed i wasnt tasting the flavor.  i switched flavors and still couldnt taste the flavoring.  it just tasted dull.  so i googled "losing taste when vaping" and vapers tongue and fatigue came up.  pretty strange.  so i didn't vape at all sunday and last night i could taste the juice again, so that's a good sign. 

Depending on how much you love/hate sweet decadent type flavors you may like KP fresh. It's pretty creamy - too much for me. The strawberry will come out in time.
And of course, you could speed up the steep process by water bath or ultrasonic cleaner, etc. I've been a lazy steeper as of late.

I think vaper's tongue is a really good thing. I'll still vape something with nic if I need that kick, but it's a curious thing after you give it a rest and those flavors
come back because they really pop. I've found a way to avoid vaper tongue is to rotate sweet dessert profiles with stronger fruits. Like lime, pineapple or citrous types.

May 19, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #1,135 of 3,183
I have vapor tongue with my favorite juice the Promtheus from Mystique. After a while I don't really taste it. I just switch to different flavor and get back to it couple hours or days later and flavor is back again!

May 19, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #1,136 of 3,183
yah, gotta rotate.  i guess there is such thing as "too much of a good thing".  it did kinda freak me out at first.  i thought maybe my tastebuds were damaged. 

i'm a lazy steeper as well.  i just throw them in a drawer.  when i use a different flavor i'll take each bottle, take the cap off, suck in some new air, shake it and put it back in the drawer.  i try to do this every time, but sometimes it does not. 

May 20, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #1,138 of 3,183
Can someone tell me what the wattage on a dual 18650 mech is? Running 2 VTC4's. Fully charged.

That's determined by your resistance. Most likely outputting 3.6v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back