V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 13, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #22,546 of 23,366
May 16, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #22,548 of 23,366
Against my better financial judgment, I ordered the M-100s tonight (white/silver) and the XL pads. Got out the door for $181 which is really a great steal. It would have been about 10 dollars less but the $10 cheaper version was black (not my favorite) and the seller gave no good detailed description of what exactly I was buying. I really got these for future airplane travel and due to the fact that I listen to a lot of synthwave/electronic type stuff, I figured it may be beneficial just to have another pair of headphones that covered the bases the XS and my Sennheisers (558, 600) didn't. My very limited experience with these in Best Buy from the kiosk with pre-programmed music has left me a good impression with them so far.

May 16, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #22,549 of 23,366
Against my better financial judgment, I ordered the M-100s tonight (white/silver) and the XL pads. Got out the door for $181 which is really a great steal. It would have been about 10 dollars less but the $10 cheaper version was black (not my favorite) and the seller gave no good detailed description of what exactly I was buying. I really got these for future airplane travel and due to the fact that I listen to a lot of synthwave/electronic type stuff, I figured it may be beneficial just to have another pair of headphones that covered the bases the XS and my Sennheisers (558, 600) didn't. My very limited experience with these in Best Buy from the kiosk with pre-programmed music has left me a good impression with them so far.

I really like my M-100s, and I wish that it was V-MODA, rather than Massdrop, that cleverly titled their ad with the Eminem song title "Forget About Dre!" (and I actually very much like Beats by Dr.Dre headphones!)

If finances permit, you might also want to consider getting the V-MODA VERZA DAC/amp. It does improve the sound, plus has the most clever sliding case you can also get for the various shapes of iPhones and I think Samsungs.

My M-100, VERZA DAC / amp, and Metalo case with matching cord

VERZA further improved V-MODA sound (higher numbers are better)

May 17, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #22,550 of 23,366
I really like my M-100s, and I wish that it was V-MODA, rather than Massdrop, that cleverly titled their ad with the Eminem song title "Forget About Dre!" (and I actually very much like Beats by Dr.Dre headphones!)

If finances permit, you might also want to consider getting the V-MODA VERZA DAC/amp. It does improve the sound, plus has the most clever sliding case you can also get for the various shapes of iPhones and I think Samsungs.

My M-100, VERZA DAC / amp, and Metalo case with matching cord

VERZA further improved V-MODA sound (higher numbers are better)
Good looking and practical form factor, but purely from a power standpoint it's not enough for the m100 imo. They can handle much more than the 150mW the verza puts out. The fiio e12 and cayin c5 are good options for these cans.

May 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #22,551 of 23,366
  anyone know what kind of "screw driver the m100/ xs " uses? i'm using the ones that came with my xs and either the tool bent or the screws on my 100 got warped

which is odd because today was the first day i tried unscrewing the shields out on my m100s (tried to do the tap mod, on the vent) to see if it could lower the bass a bit--> guess i can't do it now

and the name of the screws as well? maybe i could replace it?

Did we ever figure out the type of screw or name of the screw? Where to obtain?

May 18, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #22,552 of 23,366
May 18, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #22,553 of 23,366
May 18, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #22,554 of 23,366
You can try email V-MODA as just asking for a few. I lost the V-Cork on my pair if M-100 and they sent me a new one free of charge.

May 19, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #22,555 of 23,366
  You can try email V-MODA as just asking for a few. I lost the V-Cork on my pair if M-100 and they sent me a new one free of charge.

They absolutely will not send screws. They weren't even going to tell me the size of the screw until I threatened to post the chat online in the M-100 threads over here. They told me to send in the merchandise for a 2-3 week turnaround time and I told them that was unacceptable, that I just wanted to buy a screw on my own that would fit. They finally sent me the schematics of the screw which the chat agent asked that I not post online. But just in case you're wondering, it's a ----> 1.6mm <---- screw ----[3mm length] ---- it appears. I'll see if I can get some online or in the hardware store, unless they're some type of special screw that only V-Moda makes.

May 19, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #22,556 of 23,366
Perhaps, stuck limo -- knowing what you know -- you could verify if the screws listed here look fit for the task?:

http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Socket-Head-Cap-Screw-1-6MM-A2-Stainless-Steel-p/5000000.htm

The specs look promising (M1.6 socket head screws that take a 1.5mm hex key)...We would just need to be sure the 0.35mm thread pitch is the same, and to know what the preferred length would be (i.e. 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, or 6mm).

Kinda silly that they're so protective of this information, IMO.

May 19, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #22,557 of 23,366
What you need is "M1.6 Hex Socket Head Cap Self Tapping Screws", and I am still looking for a good source for you.

May 19, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #22,559 of 23,366
  Perhaps, stuck limo -- knowing what you know -- you could verify if the screws listed here look fit for the task?:

http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Socket-Head-Cap-Screw-1-6MM-A2-Stainless-Steel-p/5000000.htm

The specs look promising (M1.6 socket head screws that take a 1.5mm hex key)...We would just need to be sure the 0.35mm thread pitch is the same, and to know what the preferred length would be (i.e. 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, or 6mm).

Kinda silly that they're so protective of this information, IMO.

I have updated the original post to show the 3mm length of the screw. The pitch is unknown. But those look like they would work. The head is a little thicker but that shouldn't be an issue. If the pitch is an issue there, I don't know. :frowning2:

May 19, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #22,560 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back