V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #4,411 of 23,366
Quote:
I think I may be on the wrong thread now, I essentially needed portable headphones to go to and from Uni but seeing the expectations some of you have is quite low! I can get the K550 for £179 but M-100 will cost me at least £280!

I wouldn't necessarily think of it as low expectations. On Amazon the K550's are marketed at $300, so it's all where you get your business done. But I would imagine that the K550 has a bit more balanced aim as a headphone. There *should* be a few areas that the K550 can outperform it in, in the same way that the M-100 (should be) designed for some extra oomph to your music for that extra bit of fun.

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #4,414 of 23,366
How about a headpad from Beyerdynamic? They sell removable headpads for the DTXXX series and they're comfortable and very low key in my opinion. The best part is you can reuse it with just about any headphone.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #4,415 of 23,366
Quote:
How about a headpad from Beyerdynamic? They sell removable headpads for the DTXXX series and they're comfortable and very low key in my opinion. The best part is you can reuse it with just about any headphone.

That'll probably do the trick in his case I think. I know for one thing that if there's hats that just barely are too large for me (which is ever rarely the case), a small cushioning of foam or something is inconspicuous enough to do the trick and works fabulously, so you just gotta find some way of beefing up the headband a bit for maximum fitting and looks

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #4,416 of 23,366
Hey, the M-80's are back on sale for $170-ish. Should I grab them now or wait for the M-100's? I wouldn't want to spend any more than $200 on the 100's, so if there are any more solid rumors about them being more expensive, I'll just grab the 80's.

I'm considering getting them now because I need something to bring with me on-the-go, and I'm not sure if the 100's would be less friendly due to their supposedly larger size.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #4,417 of 23,366
Quote:
I wouldn't want to spend any more than $200 on the 100's, so if there are any more solid rumors about them being more expensive, I'll just grab the 80's.

This headphone is definitely over $200. You should get the m-80.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #4,418 of 23,366
Hey, the M-80's are back on sale for $170-ish. Should I grab them now or wait for the M-100's? I wouldn't want to spend any more than $200 on the 100's, so if there are any more solid rumors about them being more expensive, I'll just grab the 80's.

I'm considering getting them now because I need something to bring with me on-the-go, and I'm not sure if the 100's would be less friendly due to their supposedly larger size.

M-100s will be around $300 MSRP. That’s pretty much confirmed.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #4,420 of 23,366
Quote:
[size=small]voilà [/size]

[size=small]PS THIS DESIGN IS ALREADY PATENTED NOW BY ME, ENJOY...[/size]

[size=small]-v[/size]

I can visualise its minimalism, which I'm all for, but I'm just wondering what sort of security it will have: I will have £300 headphones on there and - say - I trip over the cable and the headphones come crashing down; It would be nice to have some sort of locking mechanism which wraps around the headband at the top.

That and maybe a small screwpoint at the bottom to drill it into the table? The M-100s have ports on the headphones so I guess I wouldn't have to worry about the cable yanking out of the headphones and causing some serious damage, they would just pull out of the sockets on the headphones. Perhaps a cable tying system towards the back or at the base?

Also, it would be great to have a C-clamp for some portability:

I use a Maschine and a keyboard during live sets and it would be nice to hook the headphones onto my pads.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #4,421 of 23,366
...I guess I'll write what some others are no doubt thinking.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but there have been several members who have established accounts over the past few days that have contributed nothing to this nor any other discussion beyond their desire to purchase a PPU M-100.  Val is graciously offering these as an opportunity to the dedicated enthusiasts of this community. (not to imply that he owes us anything, because he definitely does not)  There's little doubt that there are also many "guests" lurking un-registered who plan to snipe one of these away from an established, productive Head-Fier and give nothing back.  Frankly, some recent registrants have portrayed themselves as having similar intentions.

To those registered or otherwise who plan to snipe and run:

My apologies if the preceding is viewed as lacking tact, but after reading nearly every post of this thread there are numerous members who have unquestionably EARNED these. 

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #4,424 of 23,366
Quote:
I think it's silly to give priority to anyone in particular on these forums, everybody should have an equal chance.

+1.  It is unfair to the rest of the population to give certain people first dibs in the general population.  

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #4,425 of 23,366
Quote:
...I guess I'll write what some others are no doubt thinking.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but there have been several members who have established accounts over the past few days that have contributed nothing to this nor any other discussion beyond their desire to purchase a PPU M-100.  Val is graciously offering these as an opportunity to the dedicated enthusiasts of this community. (not to imply that he owes us anything, because he definitely does not)  There's little doubt that there are also many "guests" lurking un-registered who plan to snipe one of these away from an established, productive Head-Fier and give nothing back.  Frankly, some recent registrants have portrayed themselves as having similar intentions.

To those registered or otherwise who plan to snipe and run:

My apologies if the preceding is viewed as lacking tact, but after reading nearly every post of this thread there are numerous members who have unquestionably EARNED these. 

Oh thank you so very much for talking about the elephant in the room for all the posts asking "Are the M-100's out yet?" "Hah good one!"

Not that I'm nearly as high as others who have excellent posts, but it does aggravate me to see a thread assailed with one time comments just hours before something special is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back