V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #1,201 of 2,828
 Side view of me wearing it

45Deg view

Back View

I've atttached 3 pics to show how I wear it so that I can get a decent seal. The pain is coming mostly due to the top back part of the ears. I've seen Tyll's video and followed his instruction so that less pressure is applied on the back. The initial feeling is great until 2 hours later.

Does anyone wear on ears for more than 2 hours with these or any other brands? Do you guys feel rawness as well?

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,202 of 2,828
Just wanted to pop in and ask if it's been said when the White M80's are going to drop? Was considering the M100's, however with my money being tight right now, I don't think I can afford the extra $100. However I'd gladly wait a bit for the White M80's as they look pretty much all around awesome. Anyways if anyone can give me the heads up, would be greatly appreciated. 

Mar 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #1,203 of 2,828
I can't wear my M80s for more than maybe 3ish hours before the feeling your describing sets in and Ive been using mine since the beginning of Jan (or end of december can't remember). the top back part of my ear that is raised hurts but they are VERY comfy up to the point where my ear gets sore and I have to rest my ear after that. 

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,204 of 2,828

Quote:
Does anyone wear on ears for more than 2 hours with these or any other brands? Do you guys feel rawness as well?

I've had them for about a month now. I got them around the same you did i think around early February. I was honestly really afraid I would have to return them at first just because they were so uncomfortable for me. But theyre SOOO comfortable for me now. I barely even remember theyre there. I'm able to go on with them 3 4 hours with absolutely no problem. And considering I wear glasses, that's pretty impressive for on ear cans imo. I guess you just gotta play with them until you find the right fit for ya =)

Also I'm asian too haha...I only have to pull out the two sides out one click each to get a good fit for me haha!

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #1,205 of 2,828
Thanks all!
Ok since I have another month to play with it, I'll see if it stops killing my ears.
I'm giving it another chance cos I like it a lot but we'll see..

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #1,206 of 2,828

Quote:
I can't wear my M80s for more than maybe 3ish hours before the feeling your describing sets in and Ive been using mine since the beginning of Jan (or end of december can't remember). the top back part of my ear that is raised hurts but they are VERY comfy up to the point where my ear gets sore and I have to rest my ear after that. 

Gentlemen and ladies, please always remember to take a break and rest the ears at least a bit, length of time + dB = hearing loss.  1-2 hours is about as much as you SHOULD listen to headphones without a break!   Even when I DJ long sets (I played ~6-9hrs in my last two gigs), I put on the headphones + faders sometimes and make sure its at a very low volume for a few minutes.

Check out this chart I am building for our site:

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,207 of 2,828
Solved my issue with the M80s not blocking out enough ambient noise. Enter the VIBRATO. Love them!!!!!! Damn....best set of IEMs I've tried recently (just went through 5 pairs looking for the right set). I still think I may return the M80s and then wait for the M100 to come out. They're comfy, totally block out surrounding noise and sound GREAT. 

SO FOR THOSE WANTING THAT M80 SOUNDS WITH MORE ISOLATION SERIOUSLY CHECK OUT THE VIBRATO. 

Color me impressed 
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #1,209 of 2,828
Val, maybe you can help me here as I want to be safe with my ears.....given that I'm using the vibrato IEMs, what percentage on my iphone should I try to keep the volume at or below to make sure that I'm not inadvertently damaging my hearing (aiming for less than 85 db)? You've probably done tests  measuring DB and that particular set up so any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Gentlemen and ladies, please always remember to take a break and rest the ears at least a bit, length of time + dB = hearing loss.  1-2 hours is about as much as you SHOULD listen to headphones without a break!   Even when I DJ long sets (I played ~6-9hrs in my last two gigs), I put on the headphones + faders sometimes and make sure its at a very low volume for a few minutes.

Check out this chart I am building for our site:

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #1,210 of 2,828

Quote:
That's actually a pretty good graph Val. I'm surprised a F1 car is only 115 decibels...You really need decent plugs at a F1 race.

Thanks, its a Beta we've been working on developing today... We can mod it to show decibels at how far away from a source too - like a club is 100-125dB, or F1 car is XX-XXXdB depending on row at typical racetrack.

-v

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #1,212 of 2,828

Quote:
Solved my issue with the M80s not blocking out enough ambient noise. Enter the VIBRATO. Love them!!!!!! Damn....best set of IEMs I've tried recently (just went through 5 pairs looking for the right set). I still think I may return the M80s and then wait for the M100 to come out. They're comfy, totally block out surrounding noise and sound GREAT. 

SO FOR THOSE WANTING THAT M80 SOUNDS WITH MORE ISOLATION SERIOUSLY CHECK OUT THE VIBRATO. 

Color me impressed 
beerchug.gif

I've been waiting to let the community try some Vibratos soon, its been our little secret product that isolates amazingly and has great sound for many ears.  Check out the review and charts on USA Today's HeadPhoneInfo.com for all the charts, it won an award as runner up of Best Isolating Headphone.  I haven't talked about them much, well, because we are completely sold out of them!  They are hard to make out of Zinc metal, its a painful process but worth it.  

Quote:
Val, maybe you can help me here as I want to be safe with my ears.....given that I'm using the vibrato IEMs, what percentage on my iphone should I try to keep the volume at or below to make sure that I'm not inadvertently damaging my hearing (aiming for less than 85 db)? You've probably done tests  measuring DB and that particular set up so any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

This is a M-80 thread, so I want to keep it on topic but I'll work on a chart showing our most popular models and how it equates to the volume levels on iPhone/iPads.  I want to be accurate for all our models, so please wait for me to get scientific data before I jump the gun "hear"!  Try 60%, I'll try tonight...  

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #1,213 of 2,828

Wow Val, I think it's AMAZING that you take time out of your busy schedule to personally respond to questions from members here and I gotta say you've honestly converted me into a life long VModa customer. I mean really, with SQ like I've seen from the M80s and Vibratos and your obvious dedication and passion to your craft and the community, for me personally....I see no need to go anywhere else!!
Quote:
I've been waiting to let the community try some Vibratos soon, its been our little secret product that isolates amazingly and has great sound for many ears.  Check out the review and charts on USA Today's HeadPhoneInfo.com for all the charts, it won an award as runner up of Best Isolating Headphone.  I haven't talked about them much, well, because we are completely sold out of them!  They are hard to make out of Zinc metal, its a painful process but worth it.  

This is a M-80 thread, so I want to keep it on topic but I'll work on a chart showing our most popular models and how it equates to the volume levels on iPhone/iPads.  I want to be accurate for all our models, so please wait for me to get scientific data before I jump the gun "hear"!  Try 60%, I'll try tonight...  

Mar 10, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #1,214 of 2,828

Quote:
Wow Val, I think it's AMAZING that you take time out of your busy schedule to personally respond to questions from members here and I gotta say you've honestly converted me into a life long VModa customer. I mean really, with SQ like I've seen from the M80s and Vibratos and your obvious dedication and passion to your craft and the community, for me personally....I see no need to go anywhere else!!

Thanks Hi-Hat, it means a lot.  Our whole team works hard, and this is how I spend my Friday nights in LA, I catch up on Head-Fi msgs, PMs and writing patents!  I used to do the same for a few years with feedback, but it was on the road, at DJ gigs and in the studio with producers, musicians and DJs.  I just hope I have the resources to make a model that hits most user segment's needs -  Greater Good Sound, VICI!

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #1,215 of 2,828
Just went to Best Buy and compared my M-80s to the B&W P5s.
OH MY MOTHER OF PEARL FIRE ON THE POOPDECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The M-80s absolutely destroyed every single test. The only thing is the P5s were a bit more imersive on the vocals. Other than that it wasn't even a contest. The P5s didn't even compare on the bass. The M-80s made it seem like the bass had as much detail as an engineers drawing and the P5s a kindergartener with a green crayon. The bass was so over powering on the P5s and right where it should be on the M-80. I don't know what was up, I mean I would only pay $100 tops for the P5s and to think they are $300.  And the $200 M-80s destroy. All of my friends who hear the M-80 say the same thing, Hands down the best headphone they have heard in their lives ever. Fantastic headphone Val. Still waiting on the edge of my seat for super mic and velour pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back