V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #1,157 of 2,828

Quote:
Let your wife listen to the pair you aren't using and she will stop complaining. Totally worth the dough...

Quote:
Agreed with Pwn.
I let my wife listen to the M80 and she totally loves it.
Sets the stage for me to buy the M100 :p

lol, that might work guys.... they only complaint I have right now is that the cans really aren't very isolating sound wise. Do you think the M100s are gonna be given that they are over ear instead of on? If they are just as comfy as the M80s and isolate better I'm gonna kick myself for not waiting for them instead!!!

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #1,158 of 2,828
I have an Asian face (small ears) so M80 is quite isolating for me. Although it still loses out to over-ears (can't hear my wife ('0') when I wear my M50) so it's more or less a given that M-100 will be more isolating. Everyone has high hopes of the M100 and I don't think Val and company will screw that up.

I'm in the same situation as you as I couldn't wait for M100 so I ordered the M-80 first. Then I'm reading about the new flagship and I don't think I can get the M100 and then the flagship. My wallet might finally quit on me.

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #1,159 of 2,828
My wife has got the whole asian face/small ears thing going on so the M80s might actually be almost over ear for her too lol. When I was looking for headphones I tried on the M50s and while there was obviously no pressure on my ears, I actually felt some discomfort in the upper jaw area where the the cups pressed down and my ears seemed to get warm rather quickly. 

As far as comfort of the M80s...they are INFINITELY more comfortable than the B&WP5s!!! Don't get me wrong, that soft supple leather on my ear feels awesome but the clamping force really starts to bother me after a while (I have glasses) but so far the M80s have just felt incredibly soft and pillow like on my ears with much less pressure. I still do feel some minor discomfort on the tops of my ears from the pads but, I mean it's not bad and let's face it....glasses and on ears are never gonna be a perfect combo! 

Along with isolating gripe though, I've notice I've got to turn up the iphone closer to mid point on the volume to get the same level that the P5s attain at more like 30-35%. I'm hoping that doesn't translate to greater strain on my ears considering the abuse they've already taken from all my years playing drums in various bands 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #1,160 of 2,828
M80 on my wife totally covers her ears. Looks cute
beyersmile.png

I'm also wearing glasses and initially the M50 was really warm and I could barely last 1 hr without sweating. But after a month or so I started to get used to it.

As for volume and isolation of the M80 I had to adjust the earpads to be at a certain position and it will work great at the same volume. But it's totally killing my ears after 1 hour. It's red and sore especially the top part of my ears (9 to 12 o'clock position). I believe it will take a while for me to get used to it.

But the good thing at least for me is that it's a nice compromise between the leaking Grado and the isolating ATH. My wife can't complain my music is disturbing her and she doesn't need to shout at my ear for me to hear her :p

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,167 of 2,828
Right now just playing one song on my B&W P5s then repeating with my M80s, going back and forth and marveling at the differences in the unique expression of sound from each set of cans and just thinking to myself GOD I LOVE MUSIC SO MUCH!!!!!!! 

Happiness 
o2smile.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #1,168 of 2,828

Quote:
Right now just playing one song on my B&W P5s then repeating with my M80s, going back and forth and marveling at the differences in the unique expression of sound from each set of cans and just thinking to myself GOD I LOVE MUSIC SO MUCH!!!!!!! 

Happiness 
o2smile.gif

cough Sony MDR EX600 IEM cough
Quick run away from the sickness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back