V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jun 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #2,492 of 2,828
Hi,

I recently got my M-80s and am very happy with them so far. Except for one issue: When making calls on my iPhone 5, I sometimes get a beeping sound on the headphones, similar to the one you get when placing a phone next to a speaker. Even worse, the recipient on the other end gets the same sound even louder. I think the radio signal from the phone in some way interferes with the cable. V-Moda already sent me a replacement cable (thumbs up for great customer service!), but the issue remains. 

Anyone else experiencing similar issues on their iPhone 5's? I tested it on my girlfriend's iPhone 4, no issue there. I think it may have something to do with the cable being plugged in at the bottom next to the radio module on the iPhone 5. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #2,493 of 2,828
Hi,

I recently got my M-80s and am very happy with them so far. Except for one issue: When making calls on my iPhone 5, I sometimes get a beeping sound on the headphones, similar to the one you get when placing a phone next to a speaker. Even worse, the recipient on the other end gets the same sound even louder. I think the radio signal from the phone in some way interferes with the cable. V-Moda already sent me a replacement cable (thumbs up for great customer service!), but the issue remains. 

Anyone else experiencing similar issues on their iPhone 5's? I tested it on my girlfriend's iPhone 4, no issue there. I think it may have something to do with the cable being plugged in at the bottom next to the radio module on the iPhone 5. 

I have an iPhone 5 (White, 64GB, Verizon) and I haven't had this problem. Maybe because I use an aftermarket cable (see above).

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,496 of 2,828
The M80 is a truly stunning pair of headphones that can now be found around $130. I wonder why the M100 is getting all the attention.

Possibly because its the bigger brother of the M-80's?
Although they have their differences, it was the long awaited product from V-Moda!

Speaking of M-100's, I got a pair on the way :)

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #2,499 of 2,828

First of all, the M100 have been out for several months.

And second of all, the only problem I have with my M80 is the comfort. Everything else is perfect.

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #2,501 of 2,828
I know it has been released already but im saying about my economic situation..lol ($230)

Should I get them instead of the M100?
for what kind of music it is good?

Sound wise, the only thing I could ask for on the M80 is a touch more bass (the M80 has +5db bass, I would like +6db). They are flawless otherwise. Also, you can get a used M100 around $245 on amazon. And the M80 sound great with Jazz, Classical, Drum and Bass, Rock, quite literally everything.

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #2,502 of 2,828
Sound wise, the only thing I could ask for on the M80 is a touch more bass (the M80 has +5db bass, I would like +6db). They are flawless otherwise. Also, you can get a used M100 around $245 on amazon. And the M80 sound great with Jazz, Classical, Drum and Bass, Rock, quite literally everything.

There's a mint pair of M-100's on the FS headphone thread for only $240.

I have yet to try the M-100's yet (mine is with my delivery man), but I have the M-80's. People say the difference is that the M-80's are the more balanced/neutral anylitical sounding headphones as opposed to the bassy, more fun headphones, the M-100's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back