V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 14, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #556 of 1,668
Agreed. And this is a fact that shouldn't really need to be explained on a site like this one. There's nothing wrong with wanting clarity before dropping 350 dollars on a luxury item. It's a testament to V-Moda that we care as much as we do.

Yup, it's a testament that we're all here still asking.

The reason I'm a little peeved is I've been waiting a long time for CF2W, though I wasn't expecting a release till the end of the year. I've been down this road with SBC headphones and I'd rather wait for a headphone that supports AAC.

I'm looking to unplug altogether except when listening to lossless files.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #557 of 1,668
I guess the point I was making is...If your concerns aren't being addressed complaining about that won't get them answered or if you are hoping that mystically AAC will appear and that is important to you then stay the course. If I was buying a car and the dealer wouldn't answer my questions I would go to a different dealer. I understand 300-350 is a lot of money to some. I am going to buy them for the wired version they are really designed for and hope they sound decent wireless. If other wireless headphones have the features you want why focus on headphones that dont? We just need more real world opinions at this point. When they hit Amazon I will get them.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #558 of 1,668

As the last part of my post implied, my heart is, at least for now; set on these. I love the styling and everything else. I WANT THESE. However, if I can't validate the upgrade or know what I'm getting then I might need to wait for the next iteration of them. Also, generally speaking 'the squeaky wheel gets the greese'

Just hoping for answers to a problem that shouldn't exist. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #559 of 1,668
Man,I don't have apple products. What are the chances of you having someone you know with a Samsung model phone or tablet that you can pair it to and try it on something like Pandora to see if the bluetooth is acceptable with an Android product? If you can do that, that would greatly help me out! I also saw you owned the Boss QC35's. How do they sound in Bluetooth mode compared to them?
Unfortunately I don't own an Android product. My son owns the Samsung S7 Active I believe. If I can get my hands on his I'll try it out.

Compared to my QC35s, which one I prefer is a toss up. It depends on what I'm doing and/or my mood. The CF2W is obviously bassier than the QC35; although the gap isn't as wide as it was when I compared the QC35 to my former CFW1. The QC35's sub bass response is pretty surprising though. I'd have to A and B more between the two to determine a clear sub bass winner. The CF2W also has better Treble and is a more energetic/fun headphone. I believe they're a little more detailed. The QC35s may sound just a tad more natural and is overall warmer in tone to my ears. It has a more relaxing sound.

In a coffee shop, sitting out by the pool sipping a glass of wine, on a plane, at the office working, I prefer the QC35 for the relaxing sound signature. Working around the house/washing my car, working out, gaming or movie watching, or just sitting on the couch enjoying music, I prefer the CF2W. Hard for me to declare a winner as I love both.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #560 of 1,668
I have a Samsung phone, Apple iPad, Apple TV 4, and a MacBook Pro Retina. I think that's a good cross section of devices to test on. The CFW1 I had borrowed sounded ok on all of the devices except my MacBook. I ordered the rose gold, so when they arrive I'll break them in and test as much as I can. I trust the person earlier who said they sounded really good without AptX. I hope he's right, but like many others I'm getting these mainly for wired. I do love my small collection of V-Moda extended cables.

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #564 of 1,668
Is V-moda offering 50% off a new pair of CF2W, if you send back your CFW1's? Am I correct?

The other way around. If you send — or — record a video cutting the wires off your CFW1 mentioning the date, time and your email address, you will get a coupon for 50% off the price of CFW1 ($150 at the moment).

This is my situation, actually. Until I learned the damn thing can't do iPhones properly :)

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #565 of 1,668
Is V-moda offering 50% off a new pair of CF2W, if you send back your CFW1's? Am I correct?

Here's the form on V-MODA's website.

v-moda.com/immortal-life-program

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #567 of 1,668
I will be trading mine in for the 50% off as well but I wish they wouldn't dispose of the old headphones since most of them are probably in great condition and maybe donate them or test them and sell them used and use the money for charity. Just a thought.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #569 of 1,668
Ok, thanks guys....even tho I would be sending them back, I don't think I'd have the heart to cut the wires on my headphones, seems like a sin, lol

I think it is good to have all types. I have my go to wireless, wired opened, wired closed, and IEM's. I will get the V-Moda to compare to my go to wireless, even though it is a wired first headphone. Eyeing black and rose.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #570 of 1,668
I see you have a lot of experience with headphones. What's you favorite in ear wireless?

I actually don't own a single wireless headphone of any kind. I do however own a Bluetooth adapter that can turn any wired headphone into a wireless one. Surprisingly, for an outdated Bluetooth 2.1 device, there is no sound delay with my laptop or phone and the drop in fidelity is miniscule. I was actually considering an upgrade to a Bluetooth 4.2 adapter with apt-X, but I'm perfectly happy with the sound of my current one.

I've never used any headphones with built-in Bluetooth so I can't comment on them, but my experience with the adapter tells me that either people greatly exaggerate how poorly Bluetooth transmits audio or that the Bluetooth incorporated into headphones​ natively are often times rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back