Urbana/Champaign Meet
Oct 30, 2004 at 1:52 PM Post #46 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by nleahcim
I'll bring my Dell 600M. It's a fairly new midweight laptop. The soundcard on it is *awful* so I'd love to hear a better one. Unfortunately, the USB DAC and amp that I'm currently building I do not expect to have finished by the time of the meet
frown.gif
I guess I'll have to show that off at a later date.

edit: and if you're going to be firing up the grill then I think we definitely need some Johnsonvilles! Nothing beats a good Johnsonville!

Sounds good!

I will bring the Echo Indigo then =)

Oct 31, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #48 of 112
I've got a laptop with some MP3 albums on it and a DVD drive, so I may as well bring it too.

And upgrade the K240S headphones to instead the W100s.
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #49 of 112
Hi everyone...I'm a new member to this board and new to the hi-end of head phones. I live in the northwest suburbs of chicago and was wondering if I might be able to join this...gathering. If you are interested I can bring my PC with the 21000 tracks on it. Also, if there's a set of HI-FI speakers at Born2bwired house I can bring my retro Mcintosh MC2105 power amp (does have a head-out too) which (IMO) is a real treat to hear. As far as headphones go...well like I said I'm new here but I do have a pair MS1's coming to me in the mail. Besides that I have alot of Koss phones (Porta/sporta pro, UR20, UR40(modded), Senn 420(old)). Also, I want to compare this little audio techinca 2 channel mixer to some head phone amps because IMO this little mixer sounds great for phones. Of course I'm not sure bout this since I've never really listened to an amp built for a head phone.

bit about me:
Well I'm 20 and have lived in the burbs all my life. Currently I attend DeVry university studying computer engineering. I've been an addict to music for as long as I can remember. I'm moving more towards hi-end head phones because my sound system can get VERY loud (ESS amt-1as...I luv them sooo much) and that pisses ppl off so I'm goin to the phones so ppl will quit complaining.

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #50 of 112
So many people with laptops, sounds like it's all good =)

brian183 - I would imagine you're more than welcome to come!

Doesn't that amp of yours weigh over 70 pounds? How are you going to lug it over?
basshead.gif

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #51 of 112
trust me...the moving of 70 pounds is worth it. I really can't say that much bout the head phone out of the amp (because I don't own any good phones) but when it is connected to a pair of HI-FI speakers...it's heavenly IMO. If everyone thinks it's not worth the hassle, I think it is, I won't bring it. It can work off of a sound card of a PC so a preamp is not neccassary. This is gonna be fun. I hope there's enough room.

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #52 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by brian183
trust me...the moving of 70 pounds is worth it. I really can't say that much bout the head phone out of the amp (because I don't own any good phones) but when it is connected to a pair of HI-FI speakers...it's heavenly IMO. If everyone thinks it's not worth the hassle, I think it is, I won't bring it. It can work off of a sound card of a PC so a preamp is not neccassary. This is gonna be fun. I hope there's enough room.

I could bring a small pair of speakers if you really want to bring the amp.

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #53 of 112
can they take a max of 105 watts?
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #54 of 112
Quote:

can they take a max of 105 watts?
biggrin.gif

I seriously doubt it, but they'll allow it to produce some sound.

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:12 AM Post #55 of 112
Quote:

If everyone thinks it's not worth the hassle, I think it is, I won't bring it.

lol I want to see it -- I was just worried you'd break your back trying to haul that monster over
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #56 of 112
Quote:

Also, if there's a set of HI-FI speakers at Born2bwired house I can bring my retro Mcintosh MC2105 power amp (does have a head-out too) which (IMO) is a real treat to hear. .

Don't I wish
rolleyes.gif
. I don't have any speakers past a set of Creative Megaworks for my computer.

Nov 1, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #57 of 112
Well, I think it's a bit unneccessary to bring this power amp. I don't want to risk dropping it or doing any sort of damage to it. The circuitry itself is not the weight though....it's the power transformer and the two audio transformers that really bring the weight up. All well, I think I'll just bring my little mixer and a few cheap head phones for everyone to laugh at and one of my older PC's with music on it. Maybe I'll get my MS1's before the 14th too
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT
Sorry, I forgot to mention to I'm going to be bringing a NAD CDP model 5255. Doesn't have a headphone out but does sound delicious. The only thing I don't like about it is it's a bit picky when it comes too CDRs but lately I've noticed a change in it's behavior towards newly burned CDRs (they work) so I guess it might be that old CDRs won't work well with it
confused.gif

Nov 2, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #59 of 112
Does anybody want me to bring my Harmon/Kardon HD710 CDP. It has a rather good headphone out. Not the best but it might be better than anything else there. Let me know, I'm leaving for illinois from washington tomorrow.

Nov 2, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #60 of 112
Hi every one...
I would love to get together with you all but my plane will be landing at O'hare that Sunday at 11:00 AM as I will be coming from NY meet, If your meet was the following week end, whether Saturday or Sunday, I would have been coming & bringing with me, may be, John JCB & Tuberoller & a lots of gear to listen to. Well just a wish...
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back