UPS came by today...
Mar 24, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Ross
Yes, agreed. I use my HP-2s with the MOH (old version) and the sound is just amazing.

(I'm now working up the courage (and the cash) to order a Max with reference module and stepped attenuators.)

Ross

Did you mean MOH Reference? or Max? I think reference module is standard with Max, isn't it? (So you can't get a Max with any other module.)

Mar 24, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #62 of 65
There are 4 different Maxes, but they all have the reference module and improved power supply from the MOH and case.

The 4 different versions are :

HeadRoom Max - Dual Input
$1599.00

HeadRoom Max - Loop Out
$1599.00

HeadRoom Max - Dual Input, Stepped Attenuator
$1887.00

HeadRoom Max - Loop Out, Stepped Attenuator
$1887.00

Mar 24, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #63 of 65
Kelly, you're right. I'm going to order the Max with stepped attenuators and loop out. But not just yet.

Ross

Mar 24, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Ross
Kelly, you're right. I'm going to order the Max with stepped attenuators and loop out. But not just yet.

Ross

Ross, when you do it would be really useful if you could post any comparative reviews. I don't think anyone has even been able to compare, for example, Max with stepped attenuator to Max without. There's nearly $300 worth of mods there and no one has AB compared. I know that would involve Headroom sending an extra Max along at some point but I'm sure you can work something out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2002 at 7:45 AM Post #65 of 65
Those phase switches become moot if you have them at the source, for example, as I do on my work system -- Audio Alchemy DDE. You should theoretically only need one set of phase switches somewhere along your signal chain.

I have a really hard time telling the difference. If I didn't think they were going through the same signal path, I'd think that whichever one was burned in less, was the one I preferred. It's that subtle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back