UPS came by today...
Mar 23, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #16 of 65
Thanks a lot KR for that info! I am now in search of some HP-2s
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #17 of 65
Just wondering which is better b/w Hp1 and RS1. Those who have them, please show me the way..

Purk

Mar 23, 2002 at 7:18 AM Post #18 of 65
Congrats Hirsch, they are simply amazing headphones. I agree with Zanth, the flat pads definitely improved the already great sound. I have bogarted a couple of extra pairs and have them in a sealed container.

Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2002 at 7:48 AM Post #19 of 65
Hirsch

All I can say is that the HP-1 must not sound anything at all like anything else Grado makes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Curisoity would push me into hot pursuit myself if I could take the discomfort of wearing them. Whatever Grado knew about music, he didn't have a clue about ergonomics. This is your second Grado, right? (the 200 being the other?) Did you ever "adjust" to them physically?

What is the impedance of the HP-1? It's really high, isn't it? I keep trying to figure out what cans that mate well with the ZOTL have in common with each other versus cans that don't.

Mar 23, 2002 at 2:45 PM Post #20 of 65
..is what it says on mine with an arrow that points in the direction of the cans.

Quote:

They were not made that way, however at the time you could had sent your HP-1 to Grado for an upgrade, so far there is only one of these running around here that I know of.

Are mine this cable? Am I the only one around here? I'm all atwitter!

RE: Impedence - I think these are 36 ohm (as opposed to 32 ohm current production Grados).

ok,
erix

Mar 23, 2002 at 3:43 PM Post #22 of 65
Ok, I'm confused, which one is the real collectible Grado, the HP-1 or the HP-1000? The 1000 is the one that's like 600 ohms and the Melos was made for, right?

Mar 23, 2002 at 3:49 PM Post #23 of 65
The HP-1, HP-2, and HP-3 are all HP-1000 series headphones. As for impedance, I'm only aware of the 40 ohm impedance of the HP-1. Since the only difference between the HP-1 AND HP-2 is the phase switches, I would assume the 40 ohm impedance would hold true for the HP-2 as well. The HP-3? No clue.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #24 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Erix:

Erix, I do believe that your HP-1s are the rarest of rare with the Reference Cable. If I am not mistaken, you purchased them from Vka and he did mention the cable upgrade.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #25 of 65
Quote:

Congrats Hirsch, they are simply amazing headphones. I agree with Zanth, the flat pads definitely improved the already great sound.

I tried them with flats, but I like the bowls better, but I love High-Rez, so keep that in mind.

Quote:

All I can say is that the HP-1 must not sound anything at all like anything else Grado makes.

Right, these were design by Joe Grado, the current ones were design by John Grado, two very different sounds.

Quote:

40 ohms with a sensitivity of 94 db @ 1 mW.

Damn right
wink.gif

Quote:

Ok, I'm confused, which one is the real collectible Grado, the HP-1 or the HP-1000? The 1000 is the one that's like 600 ohms and the Melos was made for, right?

the HP-1000 are really three different headphones : HP-1, HP-2, and HP-3.

The HP-1000 is just like a code name or nick name for the Signature Series.

Mar 23, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #26 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by erix
..is what it says on mine with an arrow that points in the direction of the cans.

ok,
erix

That's would be the one!
Don't ever sell those!
What kind of amp do you have anyway?

Mar 23, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #27 of 65
Quote:

Erix, I do believe that your HP-1s are the rarest of rare with the Reference Cable.

Wah Hoo! Though I didn't get them from Vka - I got 'em from Ebay (sorry morphsci & mcwhak!)

Quote:

What kind of amp do you have anyway?

Why, this one!

ok,
erix

Mar 23, 2002 at 4:19 PM Post #28 of 65
Quote:

Wah Hoo! Though I didn't get them from Vka - I got 'em from Ebay (sorry morphsci & mcwhak!)

Then there is one other that has the HP-1s with the Reference Cable. Reference cable or standard cable, these are the smoothest headphones that I have ever been lucky enough to own.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2002 at 4:25 PM Post #30 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Uhhh, JMT....Now we both have something the other one wants....
wink.gif

Very interesting.....

Get a room, guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Erix,

Nice job on the amp. If you ever want a side job building amp boxes, you could make a killing on this crowd. In the pics, your HP-1 appear to have circumaural pads? Is that correct or is it just my perspective that's off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back