Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Jan 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #1,187 of 1,751
I have been "window shopping" fiio daps for the past month, x3ii, x1ii, x5ii( if found at good price used) Its been hard trying to decide on which, and now ive stumbbled accrosd this xduoo x10 and find myself battling decisions again, any advice would be appreciated to help my decission. Not overly concerned with bells and whistles as long as i can get good quality audio from my senn' hd598, budgeting around £ 120-150.

Have been considering a dac/amp combo for use with sony z3 as UI i imagine would be more superier but willing to sacrifice that if a substancial gain can be had in audio quality using the above choice of daps.
Help much appreciated.

DAC/amp combo usually achieve better sound quality than a dap at the same price. But you need to bundle them, more like transportable than portable.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,188 of 1,751
the x10 is probably 8/10 in comparison to daps from ak380 to ibasso dx80 to fiio x1ii

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,190 of 1,751
Well it looks like the Hi jack is going out on my X10 after like 2 weeks. I have to say this will be the last time I buy anything from this company. I'll be listening to it and all the sudden the sound just fades. I move the plug and it comes back.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #1,191 of 1,751
anyone else having trouble getting x10 optical output to work?  worked initially and now no red laser light even
with different cables...no apparent software setting to get it back on, hard reset doesn't work..now what???
no response from xDuoo customer support...

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,193 of 1,751
DAC/amp combo usually achieve better sound quality than a dap at the same price. But you need to bundle them, more like transportable than portable.

I am regretting selling my x3, as i felt like using iphone witha c5d. I had totally forgotten how difficult it was to carry the x3 with e12. Now i wont try this for sometime again. Its not plug and play, its difficult to tke care off. It is heavy and doesnt fit in my pocket. I cant listen to it if i am walking around. Now another strong reason to get the x10!!

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #1,194 of 1,751
I would agree, their track record at fixing glitches on previous products has been dismal at best. So maybe RockBox will be the one to fix all of Xduoo's short comings.

Well I hope xDuoo are taking notes, because if xDuoo doesn't fix it, xDuoo will not be getting my money.

There are many companies to choose from.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,198 of 1,751
I would agree that Fiio have more features, and is better built.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,199 of 1,751
  Not really, the X10 has none of the features/quality of the Fiio X5ii for example. Its no giant killer thats for sure.

I'm not that familiar with the X5ii. I see that it costs twice as much as the X10 though, so that is quite a bit more expensive. If the X10 has comparable SQ, then it's a pretty good deal imo (even if it doesn't have as many features, and you can live with it's shortcomings).

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #1,200 of 1,751
  But you need to pay way more :wink: 

Not really, the X10 has none of the features/quality of the Fiio X5ii for example. Its no giant killer thats for sure.

I would agree that Fiio have more features, and is better built.

If you want something much better for about the same money then the Shanling M1 deserves a look.  This thing just works and no issues at all including Apt-X bluetooth that has no connection issues.  It is starting to sound like Xduoo should be X'ed as a DAP maker.  The Fiio X1-II is still kind of a lame duck but healing slowly.  If you are considering the X3-II you should wait a few months to see what the X3-III has on tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back