Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Jan 21, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #1,156 of 1,751
@lorspeaker and regarding installing fw:

I agree that installation instructions are not very clear on this point but you should place update.zip (the zipfile itself, unextracted) in the root of sd card.

Martie, u are a lifesaver.. THANK U ~~ 

i put the folder ( top left zipfile in this pic..known as Update.zip ) into the sdcard...
and BINGO.. i am in v 1.1  :p

( the downloaded file is a "rar" file that needs to be "unzip" first..i used my Mac Unarchiver..
first time i am using it.. LoL )

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #1,157 of 1,751
Here are my initial impressions:

Out of the box, I was surprised at how light it is. Feels solid, but the buttons seem a bit cheap. Scroll wheel works, it is just has a different feel than my Fiio X3 or my iPod Classic. Screen is nice and clear. The volume buttons are on the right side, whereas the Fiio is on the left. The tactil feel of the buttons feels a bit loose. Once loaded the songs appear in the folder selection, mine has firmware 1.0 installed. The various menus are straight forward.

The sound, in one word, Nice! It is a little crisper than the Fiio, a more clean sound if you will. I would say it is similar to my iPod classic in that manner. It has clean high notes, but if you over drive the amp they get ragged (as does the bass). The bass is solid and well extended. Bass note impact is more a function of the headphones you are using. Midrange nice and clear. Compared to the Fiio, same amount of detail, the Fiio has a warmer sound than the X10, and the Fiio has a bit more bass impact when everything is compared equally (same song, same headphones, approximately same volume)

Noticeable bugs, when playing dsd files, it will skip and stutter if you try and search the menus, not so with 24/96. I have managed to lock it up when checking system properties. The ones listed by others, no gapless, click and a fraction of a scone cut off at the beginning.

Gap and cut off need to be addressed by Xduoo!

So compared to my other 2 dap's. The iPod classic is a much more solid software machine with no major bugs, it has a crisp sound and nice bass extension, the issues it has is limited to 16/48 files and fixed memory harddrive.
The Fiio has a nice rich sound. Bass is a nice impact and extension. Only one memory card slot, build quality is closer to the iPod classic. Software better than Xduoo. Can be used as a dac with USB input.

Value: At under $150 US, it is very good, at $175, a bit less. If it sells at under $125, I would say it is an excellent value. F Xduoo improves it's firm ware, this could be a killer deal for many people.

Bottom line: if you can live with current firmware issues and can get it for under $125 ($116 for mine) you get a very nice dap with clean sound and versatile file handling. At $175, Xduoo would need to do some serious repairs to The firmware.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,158 of 1,751
Here are my initial impressions:

Out of the box, I was surprised at how light it is. Feels solid, but the buttons seem a bit cheap. Scroll wheel works, it is just has a different feel than my Fiio X3 or my iPod Classic. Screen is nice and clear. The volume buttons are on the right side, whereas the Fiio is on the left. The tactil feel of the buttons feels a bit loose. Once loaded the songs appear in the folder selection, mine has firmware 1.0 installed. The various menus are straight forward.

The sound, in one word, Nice! It is a little crisper than the Fiio, a more clean sound if you will. I would say it is similar to my iPod classic in that manner. It has clean high notes, but if you over drive the amp they get ragged (as does the bass). The bass is solid and well extended. Bass note impact is more a function of the headphones you are using. Midrange nice and clear. Compared to the Fiio, same amount of detail, the Fiio has a warmer sound than the X10, and the Fiio has a bit more bass impact when everything is compared equally (same song, same headphones, approximately same volume)

Noticeable bugs, when playing dsd files, it will skip and stutter if you try and search the menus, not so with 24/96. I have managed to lock it up when checking system properties. The ones listed by others, no gapless, click and a fraction of a scone cut off at the beginning.

Gap and cut off need to be addressed by Xduoo!

So compared to my other 2 dap's. The iPod classic is a much more solid software machine with no major bugs, it has a crisp sound and nice bass extension, the issues it has is limited to 16/48 files and fixed memory harddrive.
The Fiio has a nice rich sound. Bass is a nice impact and extension. Only one memory card slot, build quality is closer to the iPod classic. Software better than Xduoo. Can be used as a dac with USB input.

Value: At under $150 US, it is very good, at $175, a bit less. If it sells at under $125, I would say it is an excellent value. F Xduoo improves it's firm ware, this could be a killer deal for many people.

Bottom line: if you can live with current firmware issues and can get it for under $125 ($116 for mine) you get a very nice dap with clean sound and versatile file handling. At $175, Xduoo would need to do some serious repairs to The firmware.

Is it way too better than the FiiO x3? Assuming u have the x3ii.I had the x3 first gen, which was not good except for raw power, compared to the xduoo x3.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #1,159 of 1,751
  Is it way too better than the FiiO x3? Assuming u have the x3ii.I had the x3 first gen, which was not good except for raw power, compared to the xduoo x3.

I feel Its more about the sound preference when comparing it with Fiio X3ii. X3ii has warmer tone n tad more bass which gives a roomy feeling to the sound.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,160 of 1,751
I would agree, different sound, both are very good, it is just a preference as to which you find as better.

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,165 of 1,751
So far I have only been using my Koss PortaPro headphones. I sent my ESP-950 in for repair 2 weeks ago, and they should be back in the next week or so.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #1,168 of 1,751
  I use Vsonic GR07 classic the most on the road. Sometimes **** 4in1.  DT770 80ohm also quite good on it.

Isn't GR07 sibilant? X10 already has super clear treble, how does it sound?

So far I have only been using my Koss PortaPro headphones. I sent my ESP-950 in for repair 2 weeks ago, and they should be back in the next week or so.

I'm sure PortaPros must be fun to to listen to. Pairing with planar magnetic could be interesting though.

i use custom earbud tho.

How did u build them?? Which driver inside the shell?

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,169 of 1,751
Isn't GR07 sibilant? X10 already has super clear treble, how does it sound?

I'm sure PortaPros must be fun to to listen to. Pairing with planar magnetic could be interesting though.

How did u build them?? Which driver inside the shell?

i didnt make it, my friend made it and paid him $40. I believe its standar driver sold on the internet, but with some mod, it can give me the amount of bass and treble I want

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #1,170 of 1,751
Hi All,

Did you guys encounter X10 v1.1 hanging? When I play "Michael Jackson - Thriller (VINYL) (NEW MASTERING) YERAYCITO MASTER SERIES - FLAC" My X10 will hang and will not play. None of the buttons, dial and switch can work. I cannot even power off. Pressing the reset button will reset the unit but after power up, it will hang straight away.

The only way to get out this hang loop is to take out the SD card, Reset than put the SD card back in. And dun listen to one of my favourite track. :frowning2:

All other FLAC and MP3 works fine. Does xDuoo read this thread? If they do, hope they will do something to fix the bug.

VL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back