Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
May 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #3,633 of 3,931
I just send in my impression and TF10 to get TF10x4 remold/upgrade. The customer service from the global shop in Australia said the turnaround is about 5-6 weeks since they are under a heavy load right now. What's the best thing for me to do now I'm in the waiting? 

May 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #3,634 of 3,931
I also have sent my tf10's in for a remold and conversion to tf10 x 4 about a week ago now to the guys here in Australia, customer service is outstanding. Getting them in white tip, black body and white face plate with the collingwood fc team logo on them in high res colour. Can wait!!!!!!

May 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,635 of 3,931
I sent my UM3X-RC's for Reshell from NYC via USPS Priority on March 22nd, and  they claim to still not have received my earphones.  This is pretty concerning to me, as my email to Stephen Guo regarding this issue of a 7 week + -no news- time period was that most orders are received after 6 weeks (hello..... my email said i was at the 7 week mark) despite the fact that it was supposed to be a 6-10 business day transit time.

anyone else have similar experiences?

May 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #3,636 of 3,931
I traded a few emails with Stephen recently, and I got the distinct impression that he/they didn't want my business.  Wasn't asking for anything unusual...  just a straight-forward re-shell (no added drivers), colors from their palette, and simple artwork. 
confused.gif
  Oh, and I got an answer to my previously asked question here:  You find out about the price increase (reshells now start at $239) when you email Stephen, who claimed he hasn't had time to update the price on the website.

I guess I'll go elsewhere... 
frown.gif

May 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #3,637 of 3,931
Quote:
I traded a few emails with Stephen recently, and I got the distinct impression that he/they didn't want my business.  Wasn't asking for anything unusual...  just a straight-forward re-shell (no added drivers), colors from their palette, and simple artwork. 
confused.gif
  Oh, and I got an answer to my previously asked question here:  You find out about the price increase (reshells now start at $239) when you email Stephen, who claimed he hasn't had time to update the price on the website.

frown.gif

From contacting UM directly asking about the price increase:
Quote:
Our prices are all on www.uniquemelodyshop.com and Steven is not a member of Unique Melody, we need to make this really clear.  He has his own headphone shop and UM is one of the products he sells.  He can choose to sell his IEM's at his own pricing.

Our prices are due to go up at the end of this financial year (June13).

Thanks

UM

May 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #3,638 of 3,931
Quote:

From contacting UM directly asking about the price increase:

If I'm not related to UM, then the person you emailed is not as well. sales@uniquemelody.co is not the official email address of UM. 

Quote:
confused.gif

Maybe it's a language barrier that I gave you the wrong impression. I apologize for that. Those who dealt with me before would know that I always try to benefit the customers, and therefore I gave the suggestion of re-shelling with 1964 ears to save on shipping. If you still want to reshell with us, obviously we will take your order. 

May 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #3,639 of 3,931
Maybe it's a language barrier that I gave you the wrong impression. I apologize for that. Those who dealt with me before would know that I always try to benefit the customers,...
I can vouch for Stephen.

He was helpful with technical questions even when he wasn't going to make a sale with me.

May 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #3,640 of 3,931
So: I've had a positive experience with UM Australia (Melbourne).

They actually CALLED me (using a phone) to tell me that my impressions had been rejected by UMlab. They then emailed me photos of the impressions, and circled what the problem areas were, to show my audiologist. 

This is awesome for a few reasons.

Firstly, it's awesome because instead of going ahead with the re-mould, and then sending me an inferior product, they preferred to get it right the first time.

Secondly, it's awesome, because they said to me they would "hold my place" in line, because it was "unfair" to make me wait an additional two months.

I handed in my re-moulds to their office in Melbourne five days ago (and emailed them to confirm), but haven't had a word back yet (so I'm not sure if they have been sent off or not).

This is just a simple re-mould of some Westone UM3X.

May 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #3,641 of 3,931
Let me preface the following by saying (100% truthfully) that I have no affiliation with Unique Melody other than being a past customer; nothing more, nothing less.

Although I haven't personally ordered/purchased through Stephen (only because I don't live in the USA), I have had occasion to privately converse with him from time to time, about UM products, and he has always been polite, knowledgeable and helpful.

I will also add that if any of you wish to know if Stephen (custom-iem.com) has a good reputation as a UM dealer, just have a search through the UM threads on Head-fi, for the past 18 months, and you'll find many people have remarked upon his excellent level of customer service.

I have personally experienced excellent customer service from UM Global (uniquemelody.co, who are based in Australia, and who are run by Matt).

It can be a little confusing for newcomers to the brand.

My understanding is that UM Global (based in Australia) have a global distribution deal (outside of China), with Unique Melody (the actual manufacturer in China), and that other dealers (e.g. in UK etc.) liase with UM Global (based in Australia), because of their global distribution deal.

Stephen, in the USA, however, is independent of this and liases directly with Unique Melody (the actual manufacturer in China).

Naturally, because Matt and Stephen operate seperately from one another, they are, to a moderate degree, in competition with one another, and wish to clearly maintain their own professional identities, but they're both enthusiastic about UM products and about serving customers well.

If I am wrong about any of the above, please do correct me, Matt, or Stephen, but to sum up, for anyone new to Unique Melody products, both their sound quality and build quality are top-notch, easily on-par with their competitors' products, and whether you order through Matt or Stephen, you'll be in good hands.

I thoroughly enjoyed my UM Miracles and plan to purchase a pair again at some point, to replace the pair I was forced to sell for financial reasons. That's about the highest recommendation any customer can give, really!

beerchug.gif

May 21, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #3,644 of 3,931
Quote:
I can vouch for Stephen.

He was helpful with technical questions even when he wasn't going to make a sale with me.

+1 even if i harassed him 

and for what its worth: for the last couple of weeks, i discovered every day a new aspect of the CIEMs....once you survive the waiting time, it's simply awesome!

May 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #3,645 of 3,931
Quote:
Let me preface the following by saying (100% truthfully) that I have no affiliation with Unique Melody other than being a past customer; nothing more, nothing less.

Although I haven't personally ordered/purchased through Stephen (only because I don't live in the USA), I have had occasion to privately converse with him from time to time, about UM products, and he has always been polite, knowledgeable and helpful.

I will also add that if any of you wish to know if Stephen (custom-iem.com) has a good reputation as a UM dealer, just have a search through the UM threads on Head-fi, for the past 18 months, and you'll find many people have remarked upon his excellent level of customer service.

I have personally experienced excellent customer service from UM Global (uniquemelody.co, who are based in Australia, and who are run by Matt).

It can be a little confusing for newcomers to the brand.

My understanding is that UM Global (based in Australia) have a global distribution deal (outside of China), with Unique Melody (the actual manufacturer in China), and that other dealers (e.g. in UK etc.) liase with UM Global (based in Australia), because of their global distribution deal.

Stephen, in the USA, however, is independent of this and liases directly with Unique Melody (the actual manufacturer in China).

Naturally, because Matt and Stephen operate seperately from one another, they are, to a moderate degree, in competition with one another, and wish to clearly maintain their own professional identities, but they're both enthusiastic about UM products and about serving customers well.

If I am wrong about any of the above, please do correct me, Matt, or Stephen, but to sum up, for anyone new to Unique Melody products, both their sound quality and build quality are top-notch, easily on-par with their competitors' products, and whether you order through Matt or Stephen, you'll be in good hands.

I thoroughly enjoyed my UM Miracles and plan to purchase a pair again at some point, to replace the pair I was forced to sell for financial reasons. That's about the highest recommendation any customer can give, really!

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the clarification. We have a global distributing team as well including Russia, Japan, Germany, Thailand, etc. You are right in that both me and Matt are operating two teams to bring the UM goodies to you guys. All products are the same. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back