Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #3,692 of 3,931
UM's distributor over here told us they're being hit by a driver shortage and UM HQ is also waiting for new stock, which colored me surprised seeing both Mouser and Digikey filled with new drivers.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #3,694 of 3,931
They were referring to the balanced armature transducers, not the dynamic ones. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #3,695 of 3,931
Ironically, if UM are experiencing a BA driver shortage, one could be forgiven for thinking that this might actually speed up their completion of re-shell customers' CIEMS.

Maybe they're just snowed-under with a backlog of orders for the new 3DD.

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #3,697 of 3,931
I feel your pain Jensy--once I hop through a couple more hoops and send new impressions out, I really hope that the end product of my reshell fits. Ugh!

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #3,698 of 3,931
So, a few interesting points.

I complained on the UM global facebook page, because I need my IEMs for work, and the wait time has been double what they told it me it was going to be.

They responded by emailing me, and offering to give loan me some UM miracles in a universal shell...

But only if I gave them a $500 deposit, and a copy of my drivers license. Not sure how I feel about that.

They also just posted this on their Facebook page:

Minimise YOUR waiting time!!

So it's no revelation that UMLab is getting smashed right now. Their standard build time of 4 to 6 weeks has blown out to 8 to 12 weeks! A combination of some capacity issues and an influx of re-shell orders from mysterious clients in Asia means it is taking unusually long for your IEM's to come back to you...

And then linked to this page:

http://uniquemelody.co/news/minimise-your-waiting-time/

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #3,699 of 3,931
Doesn't sound like a good deal to me, considering you already had to pay 239$ (or 250$?) upfront plus a UM3X which would amount to a new Miracle in the end. 

To rephrase it, you pay for a new Miracle custom and then receive a universalised Miracle, which is on loan, and a reshelled UM3X after 14+ weeks waiting. After the loan period ends 500$ will be deposited back to your account but there's a chance it's gonna get burnt with another hole the size of a new Miracle again 
biggrin.gif
it's a smart move I gotta say. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #3,701 of 3,931
One would think...the remnants of my IEMs they are essentially holding hostage would be enough--not needing to secure another $500 LOL.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #3,702 of 3,931
yeah, the same for me. it's my twelfth weeks for a simple tf10 remould...... kinda regret using UM service. it's like taking forever.

first, the distr said that it would take only 4-6 weeks. now she said that UM is in a peak point where there is so much order and the time will be 9-12 week. wow. that's so long for just a simple remould.

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #3,703 of 3,931
An interesting Development today:

Hi XX,

We have some good news.  Your IEMs have arrived and been shipped express to your address today - you should receive them in the next day. 
Your tracking ID is: XX and it can be tracked through the auspost website.

We apologise again for the delay on your in ear monitors. We've thrown in an extra Westone clear cable and a Westone monitor vault as well.  Not that this makes up for or excuses the delay. We hope this finds you well and hope you are extremely happy with the IEM's themselves.

Enjoy mate!

If you have any questions at all, we are more than happy to help!

Regards,
Acustoms

Like I've said previously, the guys on the Australian end are awesome. It was more UMlab I was displeased with. This is a really lovely gesture from the UM Australia guys.

It's a shame I'm away on work training at the moment, and most likely won't be able to get my hands on these until later in the week.. 

Damnit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back