Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #496 of 3,153
Quote:
And when my audiologist helped me make my impression, she neither used the bite block nor asked me not to talk. She said that will be fine if moving my jaws.
LOL, but i still insisted opening my mouse just slightly and kept for 3-5 minutes, trying hard not to use my jaws. That's really suffering.
Hope i won't refit. 
I THINK I WILL MAKE MY IMPRESSION AGAIN TO MAKE SURE NO FUTURE REFIT!!

Yeah, I would definitely go for a bite block and would also tilt my head forward slightly while getting it done as I've found the seal broke on mine when I looked down so figure that it must flex the ear opening wider somehow. That said, I'm not a professional in this area and only going by my individual (and therefore possibly unique/irrelevant to your anatomy) experience.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #497 of 3,153
Quote:
Yeah, I would definitely go for a bite block and would also tilt my head forward slightly while getting it done as I've found the seal broke on mine when I looked down so figure that it must flex the ear opening wider somehow. That said, I'm not a professional in this area and only going by my individual (and therefore possibly unique/irrelevant to your anatomy) experience.

:frowning2: another $25 for my impression.
Actually i really should insist finding a bite block while making my impression.
Even not a bite block will be still OK.
My bad.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #498 of 3,153
Quote:

And when my audiologist helped me make my impression, she neither used the bite block nor asked me not to talk. She said that will be fine if moving my jaws.
LOL, but i still insisted opening my mouse just slightly and kept for 3-5 minutes, trying hard not to use my jaws. That's really suffering.
Hope i won't refit. 
Quote:

Agree with both of you. A couple of days prevention could save you weeks and weeks of waiting down the line.

Just FYI.....
Loquah, remember we commiserated about the seals breaking, mine was/is right ear, in an airplane seat, when turning my head to the left. Last trip, and it was a long one it happened maybe three times out of 14 hours. I've decided I can live with it. As soon as tap or adjust the shell slightly Voilà seal back again.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #499 of 3,153
Quote:
Quote:

Hope i won't refit. 
Agree with both of you. A couple of days prevention could save you weeks and weeks of waiting down the line.

Just FYI.....
Loquah, remember we commiserated about the seals breaking, mine was/is right ear, in an airplane seat, when turning my head to the left. Last trip, and it was a long one it happened maybe three times out of 14 hours. I've decided I can live with it. As soon as tap or adjust the shell slightly Voilà seal back again.

Oh, thanks, what you wrote just confirmed my decision to redo my impression. 
I try to find something is about 1'' thick that i can bite it while making the impression.
Is that normal while turning your head, the seal will be broken?

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #503 of 3,153
I'm excited to be a member of this club! in a month or so.. I love how they are being compared to the hd800
etysmile.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #508 of 3,153
Quote:
How about vocals between these two? More flush on Miracles?
And how about highs? smoother?

can't speak for the Miracle yet..

EX1000 highs are very lively.. they sound really bright to me..

as for the Miracles, from what I've researched so far, the highs are well measured.. no hint of fatigue

Vocals, according to |joker| both are top notch

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #509 of 3,153
Hope i won't refit. 

Absolutely, please do get your ear impressions again!

This bit of back and forth now will result in a higher probability of getting your fit correct on the first time around. UM do not send internal order forms and address labels to you for shipping until they can verify that your impressions have been taken correctly. You will not regret investing the time to get your impressions as close to perfect now, it will make your overall buying experience much more pleasant and you won't have to deal with any time away from your Miracle (which is hard) to make some small fit changes.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #510 of 3,153
Quote:
Absolutely, please do get your ear impressions again!

This bit of back and forth now will result in a higher probability of getting your fit correct on the first time around. UM do not send internal order forms and address labels to you for shipping until they can verify that your impressions have been taken correctly. You will not regret investing the time to get your impressions as close to perfect now, it will make your overall buying experience much more pleasant and you won't have to deal with any time away from your Miracle (which is hard) to make some small fit changes.

Thanks for your notice.
Anyway, i know to redo the impression is suffering, but refit must be torturing.
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back